Young Person's Dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Young Person's Dream

Post by writer4him on Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:33 pm

One young lady in the youth bible study meetings held in my apartment shared a dream that she had about a year ago:

She and her younger brother (both are teens) are at a park. The scene changes to a swamp and they are exploring the woods. Her brother wanders off, then she sees him go by in someone's boat.

She searches for him armed with a sword to cut away vegetation. When she finds him, he is being held captive by snake wrapped aroung his neck. She tells him that she will save him and the snake laughs at her.

Although she managed to behead the snake, when she threw it on the ground it became three different heads. At that point she woke up sweating and crying and feeling very angry.

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Person's Dream

Post by Deborah on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:48 pm

I'd say the younger brother is facing great evil in his life--perhaps it's an addiction, maybe it's just a spiritual attack, but whatever it is, his very life is at stake. I think the sword represents the Word. By praying and proclaming the Word, his sister has some victory, but I think this is a warning that in real life she is going to have to persist in prayer and fighting with the Word until he gets free. These are my thoughts....

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:38 am

writer4him wrote: One youngAlthough she managed to behead the snake, when she threw it on the ground it became three different heads.

Just so I understand, she threw the snake's body on the ground...and then, did it grow three heads to replace the severed one, or did the body turn into three separate heads? And, were they snake heads?

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by writer4him on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:00 am

Hi Deborah, Mark. Mark, it was the severed head that became three separate heads once it hit the ground. I know these siblings very well and they are at my home nearly every day after school for homework help, prayer, to tell me about their day or just to spend time with my kids. When things at home get crazy, they come over and sometimes grab a spot on the floor after eating just to sleep for while. They are believers but their parents (divorced) are not; thankfully they are allowed to be very active in their church home.

These kids have been through so much; both were victimized by a much older sibling when they were in grammar school. As a result, they both carry a lot of anger; she deals with hers by dancing and he has a love for violent video games which his parents allow him to purchase. I wonder if this is the addiction? These games are banned from my home when he brings games over yet he still wants to hang out with us until late at night.

I am reminded of Proverbs 19:19-- "A man of great wrath shall suffer punishment: for if thou deliver him, yet thou must do it again."
He has a reputation for acting out at school with displays of temper because someone "made me mad" which makes him a target with some of his peers who want to see just how tough he really is. Then the sister, who was a brawler in times past comes to the rescue.

Please pray that God gives me wisdom in how I minister to them; even when they don't like what I am saying, they are still respectful. That gives me hope. They are at my home almost as much as they are at home and they call me "Momma". I had been a single parent of 4 teens for 6 months and suddenly, He "gave" me two more. HELP!!! :help:

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:08 am

I guess that I don't have anything to add about the dream. But, as for ministering to them, I only want to say that consistency and availability are going to go a long way in having a positive effect on their lives. It's clear that your home is a safe place of refuge for them. Whether they know it or not, they're drawn there because you bring the presence and person of God to them through your interactions. Bless you for doing so.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top