repost: Black crabs for eating

View previous topic View next topic Go down

repost: Black crabs for eating

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:09 pm

I was in my friend's house with her dad and brother. It seemed like they were leaving. Out the front of her bedroomwas an electronic chime for when you opened the door and she wanted to take it with her. I had tried to get it down but mishandled it, it wasn't broken but we needed her dad to get it down.

The next day I was sitting with 2 other guys at a bench connected to a takeaway food place. From my seat I could see into the kitchen and there was a man cooking food in oil. On the table were plates of oysters and black crabs. The guys were trying to make me eat oysters but I said no, i don't like seafood (true IRL). They kept asking me to have one, in a joking way and I kept saying no - it was lighthearted. Then I remarked on how they would eat the oyster but not the crab, one of them was disgusted by the crabs, the other would eat both. Then the man in the kitchen poked his head out and said Iíll make you a sandwich if you want? and I said oh would you make me a cheese sandwich? I was starving and grateful.

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: repost: Black crabs for eating

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi, Lionheartedgirl -

For now, I only have some thoughts on the second dream. Even though the situation was lighthearted, there's three stances being taken here that you might want to consider more seriously. There was your stance, where you would not eat either one of the seafoods. There was the guy who would eat both. And then, there was the guy who was in-between.

You may see people in your life doing things that are contrary to what you'd partake. It's easy to say no to that kind of situation. Then, there's people who are on the fence, denying some things and partaking the other. I think that the message here is that when you have a need (hunger) and are face with positions of compromise, you do not have to worry. God knows your needs and your situation, and provision is promised by him to meet you in these places (the man with the cheese sandwich).

Just thoughts.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:30 pm

Ah yes! Mark that's great! Just recently some close friends have been getting involved in particular behaviours which I disagree with Ė one of them even asked me outright if I agreed with what they were doing and I said no. I didnít think of that til now.. thanks so much! looking forward to some cheese sandwiches :) God bless!

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:10 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top