Ex Boyfriend Again! Then seeing a problem with our children's ministry!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ex Boyfriend Again! Then seeing a problem with our children's ministry!!

Post by Daisy on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:30 am

Ok, I had another dream of my Ex. In previous dreams he has symbolized a relationship that has had broken fellowship for years with my brother (I adopted his biological daughter). Thats not to say my ex couldn't symbolize someone else in this dream though...any thoughts appreciated!

So in the dream we were all in this place. Im certain it was a church, but it didn't look like our church does in my waking life. In this dream my Ex was coming to visit. I knew he wanted to talk with me when he showed up. His brother was prepping me, letting me know this. Neither of these guys prob ever stepped into a church in their lives IRL! My husband was there with me, and we were mingling with other people. Sometimes together as a couple, other times on our own. When my ex came in, he was wearing a Brown suit. It was obvious he was trying to impress me. The suit was an odd brown color, like none other I have ever seen on a suit before. I figured he got this at a resale shop or something, as this guy is a mechanic irl and rarely ever wears suits. I noticed a thread on his shoulder from the suit, it was brown. As I gave him a fake hug, and introduced him to my husband I tried to non-chalantly get the thread off his shoulder. It wouldn't come off without me making it obvious, so I left it alone. I introduced this guy to my mom-saying 'remember my mom'. My mom said Hi, but it was an insincere greeting. I felt at that point that I couldn't keep talking to this guy, though I wanted to. I felt like my husband would get jealous (IRL my husband is not the jealous type-but my EX was)! So I went into the other room and was ignoring this guy. I kept thinking to myself, 'I want to go talk to him, but I dont want to hurt my husband.' Then I specifically remember thinking 'If I go and talk with this guy, Im making a choice to leave my husband.' I was contemplating this. I knew I was taking a risk of my husband not ever wanting anything to do with me again. I was seriously entertaining this idea!!! what I knew that my husband is a kind, Godly man, and would treat me wonderful for the rest of my life. With this other guy, I felt a draw towards the gamble of him, knowing most likely he would let me down! I still cant explain why in the world I would ever think this would be a good idea!!! This man was horrible to me irl, cheating on me and mistreating me...the whole time I was with him I was just begging for him to love me. Why in the world would I dream this???? In the dream, I felt the desire to put more effort into this unhealthy relationship...where with my husband who is safe and wonderful, there was a laziness there on my part...lacking the desire for effort! bandaid

The end of the dream I was in the child-care center of the church. There were people there from our church, even though it looked different in the building. I specifically remember either hearing another speak, or hearing myself think...'How is it that when I take my child to this child-care in the church over on this side of the building that the feedback that I get from the caregivers is how disrespectful my kids are? But, when I take my kids to the other side of the building, my kids are so happy over there, and I always get good feedback from the teachers as to how helpful and sweet they are!!!????' Then I remember thinking or hearing or coming to the conclusion, that the problem isn't my kids at ALL...its with the perspective (judgementalness, criticalness)of the first batch of caregivers!!!!! Im not sure how this fits into the context of the first part of the dream, BUT I know that this somehow is the KEY to this dream...a solution of sorts.

Any feedback welcome!!! Thanks!!!

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ex Boyfriend Again! Then seeing a problem with our children's ministry!!

Post by TCS on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:42 pm

Thanks for posting this, I needed it! happy dance

I've been consoled that I'm not alone in having those weird, random, ex-relationship dreams. Relationships seem to have an unwanted stickiness factor to them even years after the fact. I used to feel so guilty after dreaming about my ex. Now I just chalk it up to being a normal biological process involving the need to consolidate old memories. In essence, the most emotive of experiences stay with us for years

This is just my opinion

TCS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:26 pm

Thanks for sharing TCS!

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:09 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top