Stinky feet girl can't join the race

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stinky feet girl can't join the race

Post by hind'sfeet on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:31 pm

I feel I had been well prepared, I feel strong and very fit and ready to race. I am with a small group of runners and I want to join the group. I ask them "where do I go to join?" and I don't remember getting a response. I notice how lean, muscular, and well prepared they are, they have runners legs as I do but they are professionals and I'm not. Everyone including me have on running shoes without socks on (didn't see any) and we all have a big red dot just above the outside of our heal below the ankle. Then, I notice her, a ragged girl with torn, dirty clothes, really stinky feet, and no shoes, and no red dot. I don't think I liked her very much. She was trying to join the race but she wasn't prepared at all and she smelled so bad from her stinky feet

I feel bad that I looked down on the girl in my dream because I don't know who she was and it was just not something I want to do to someone.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stinky feet girl can't join the race

Post by Daisy on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi Hinds!! Do you think that its possible that you were symbolic for another person in your life that looks down on others?? Just some thoughts....

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by True Flight on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:32 pm

his came to mind
The Workers in the Vineyard
Matt 20:1-16 "For the Kingdom of Heaven is like a man who was the master of a household, who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. When he had agreed with the laborers for a denarius a day, he sent them into his vineyard. He went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace. To them he said, ‘You also go into the vineyard, and whatever is right I will give you.’ So they went their way. Again he went out about the sixth and the ninth hour, and did likewise. About the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle. He said to them, ‘Why do you stand here all day idle?’ "They said to him, ‘Because no one has hired us.’ "He said to them, ‘You also go into the vineyard, and you will receive whatever is right.’ When evening had come, the lord of the vineyard said to his steward, ‘Call the laborers and pay them their wages, beginning from the last to the first.’ "When those who were hired at about the eleventh hour came, they each received a denarius. When the first came, they supposed that they would receive more; and they likewise each received a denarius. When they received it, they murmured against the master of the household, saying, ‘These last have spent one hour, and you have made them equal to us, who have borne the burden of the day and the scorching heat!’ "But he answered one of them, ‘Friend, I am doing you no wrong. Didn’t you agree with me for a denarius? Take that which is yours, and go your way. It is my desire to give to this last just as much as to you. Isn’t it lawful for me to do what I want to with what I own? Or is your eye evil, because I am good?’ So the last will be first, and the first last. For many are called, but few are chosen."

Is there a new Christen around?

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:24 am

I don't know Daisy. I'm not that close to anyone in the area we live in.

True, I really wouldn't know if there was.

Thank you guys. I'll try to be more aware.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:54 pm

hmm a strong drmm, i thort of tyhat scrip that talks about not making distinctions of ppl wen they come in2 the kingdom relative 2 ther clothes,, it kood be a heads up 4 u 4a future meeting

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Interesting D! I thought of that one too, that we would be surprised by who it and isn't there.

What kind of meeting do you suppose?

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:49 pm

scratching chin it kood be homeless ppl/kids coming 2 ur church,, wow and they dont wear designer clothes nerd

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:03 pm

Whenever I hear about a dream that has to do with feet, I always think of that verse
from Isaiah 52:7:
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news.

And then Hebrews 12:1:
...let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.

So in the Bible at least, feet have to do with evangelism and finishing our time here on earth, the race being the journey that God assigns us. I wonder if your dream has to do with being around ministers who are sleek and polished and you're trying to be with this crowd, but someone showing up who is unsophisticated but who wants to run the race nonetheless? Maybe the fact that her feet stink means you find her methods repulsive.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JoJo on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:45 am

Hi Hind's Feet.

I kinda agree with Deb on this one. It would appear that this young lady desires to minister but is not equipped nor will use methods that you deem appropriate. This could be, like 'Dreamster' said, a fore-telling of a future meeting. You may be used to lead this person in the right way to become better equipped for the ministry/race (christian walk). She may represent a new believer???? This dream may be a call for you to pray about your own feelings about this person before hand so that you can behave appropriately around her, instruct her.

This just came to me. Do you remember how Peter felt when he was instructed by the Lord in a dream to eat common and unclean things----not recognizing that The Lord was calling him to begin speaking to the Gentiles, Cornelius, specifically?? These are just my thoughts.

JoJo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:31 pm

good points,,joey,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JoJo on Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:49 pm

At Dreamster,

laugh

JoJo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:49 pm

Hi Hinds~ To do with the stinky girl....I heard a sermon the other day on tv that was talking about how the abominations against the Lord have an unpleasant fragrance to the Lord. The praises though of the saints are a fragrant offering. Just some thoughts. I thought of your posting when I heard the sermon and thought I would share with you. Certain strongholds/abominations in a persons life certainly could hold someone captive, and keep them from 'running the race' per say. When you say this person was not prepared, it makes me think of someone trying to qualify themselves to run the race, in their own strength or self righteousness. I think of the scripture that says that our self-righteousness (self effort) is like filthy rags to the Lord. Also this scripture comes to mind too...

Hebrews 12
1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Maybe this might jog your memory to pray for someone's freedom/deliverance...allowing them to run the race with us. Perhaps this could be the Lord showing you someone who is trying to earn their righteousness with their good behavior (so you can pray for them). Just some thoughts, please toss it if its not a fit or if you don't bear witness.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:47 pm

As far as you go in the dream~a thought of mine is wondering if there is anything in your waking life right now, that is leaving you feeling a little less than others? In the dream, even though you had runners legs too, it seemed that the other professional runners (in your mind) seemed superior to you. Do you feel anyone perhaps might be looking down on you? Or that even though you have certain things going for you, is there anything that makes you feel like you don't fully fit in? (For example: I have a lot of friends with college degrees, yet I myself have never taken one class. Sometimes I feel a little less than them b/c of this.) Does anything come to mind? I could be way out in left field on this, so please just pitch it if its not a fit.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:52 pm

Deborah wrote:

And then Hebrews 12:1:
...let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.

lol! I just went back and started reading the other postings and realized we were both thinking of the same scripture.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:32 am

How timely you posted (or that I just got this lol! ) I was just up. Woke up looking for my husband's alarm to see what time it was. It wasn't in our room! Uh oh! I find it beeping in the living room! Whew, just in time, so I thought. Nope, it's his day off

So I try to go back to sleep but I had had this dream that I'll post after this that I was trying to remember and then I started thinking about this dream! It got me thinking in a different perspective and True posted a verse that fit "that" perspective. I started thinking that the girl could be a new Christian. I had "earned" my dot. I didn't just go out, buy one, and stick it below my ankle. It made me feel the way I felt. But that also seems to fit with what you say, Daisy and everyone. Why would that make me look down on her or feel threatened, the "She shouldn't be here!" attitude.

I always feel looked down on. I always feel patronized esp. by people I know and certain other Christians.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:43 am

hind'sfeet wrote: Why would that make me look down on her or feel threatened, the "She shouldn't be here!" attitude.

I always feel looked down on. I always feel patronized esp. by people I know and certain other Christians.

Towards the end of my posting, I was leaning more towards this latter part of your posting. Wondering if the girl could be of your feelings of others looking down on you. Sometimes our wrong perception of ourselves, makes others view us from the wrong perspective too. Maybe the Lord sort of blew this part out of proportion to grab your attention. Maybe He wants you to see yourself differently, TOTALLY QUALIFIED by the grace and finished work of the cross!!! Just more thoughts...

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:15 pm

I agree, though I think it's probably everything all in one.

I don't see myself as a finished work on the cross, totally qualified (I know this in my head but not inside). All I see when I think of myself is everything I do wrong, say wrong, and think wrong.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:05 am

Well I am praying that the Lord will take away your reproach! I pray that you will see yourself complete in Him, lacking nothing...resting in the fact that it has all been done for you! You are precious to Him and all who are blessed to have you around them!!!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:20 pm

Thank you Daisy, I really appreciate your praying for me.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:16 pm

Anytime!!! huggins

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Daisy

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:24 am

Sponsored content