The Addams Family

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Addams Family

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:11 am

First off, I don't know where this came from, because I don't think I've seen ANYTHING related to these characters in ages.

Alright, so...in the dream, I'm at a house that's owned by the Addams Family. It was a normal, everyday house - not something dark or freaky like you'd expect. It was actually pretty well decorated. The only two members of the family that I interacted with were the husband and the wife. They also didn't quite look the same as you'd expect from the T.V. show or movies. They were a bit more...normal?

So it was already late, and the husband told us that he was going to go to bed. The wife and I were supposed to have dinner. She went to the bathroom to get ready, leaving me alone in the house. I wasn't looking forward to having dinner with her, but it wasn't like this situation was bad or evil, per se. I also didn't feel like these folks were enemies. In fact, I had this feeling in the back of my mind that there was someone else outside of this scenario that planned to do some type of harm to them. Even so, I kept thinking of some way to leave.

As I walked around the house, I had this fancy cup in my hand. Like some decorated goblet. I set the cup down and filled it with some wine that I had found. Then, I carried the cup from where I was into the dining room. I remember walking toward the door, which I think would have been the way out, but I ended up spilling the wine on the carpet. At this point, I had to clean up this spill. So, I returned to the previous room, set down the cup on the table, then went back to the dining room and cleaned up the spill. By this point, the wife was done getting ready and had arrived at the dining room. We were going to have dinner after all, so I went back to the other room to retrieve the cup and the wine. I looked at the table, and the cup was gone. I looked for a bit and was unable to find it, but felt like I really needed to locate this cup... End of dream.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Addams Family

Post by dreamster on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:04 pm

love animation drms, ,,well mi thorts r ,youre gonna have ,a possable meetg of a family that on the outside appear creepy or freaky, ,but as u get2 kno them ther not soo bad :lol!:i think the whole dinner wine thing relates 2 gettg 2 kno them,, ,,perhaps jus a little outside ur comfort zone, ,,,,,,,,um will da next episode be on ABC?? lol! D,,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:22 am

Thanks, D. I had shared this dream with a friend of mine, and what she said lines up with what you've said! I love double-confirmation. :)

Now I just have to wait until it actually happens...

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:50 am

holy moly woo hoo

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:29 pm

Confirmation Rocks!

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:11 pm

Hi Mark~I have been meaning to read this one since you posted it, but just found the time...the title drew me in. happy dance Before reading the the other postings I was thinking similar thoughts. People who others may judge or perceive one way, you were willing to give them a shot (says a lot about your character)! Even though you weren't super thrilled to be there (out of your comfort zone), you were willing to see it through. With the spills/cleaning up etc. this reminds me of one of those off days, when I loose my keys...spill my coffee on the way out the door leaving me with that feeling of 'man cant I just get out the door already!!!' Maybe the feeling you had during the spill/clean up will trigger something on a similar on an off day or something, possibly flagging this dream to bring it back to your rememberance...keeping you open to new ideas that day. Just some extra thoughts... lol!

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:32 pm

Funny you should say that, Daisy...about something happening that would trigger this dream into remembrance. Because that's exactly what happened today...but, let me take a step back one day, first.

I sat down yesterday with my supervisor to have a 60 day review. My hopes were that I wouldn't have to go through this since my intentions are to leave this place and go back to my old job. If he were to have good things to say about my performance, then I'd feel even more guilty knowing what I know. I'm pretty confident that this meeting was represented by the dinner that I didn't really want to partake, and my desire to leave this house.

The spilled wine is something that manifested today - during our conversation, this dream was front-and-center. See, the supervisor had heard some rumors that I might be leaving. Busted. My having opened my mouth too soon to someone that I thought could be trusted was my mistake - and my spilling of the wine. Fortunately, I told him the truth, that there's been conversations and that I'm not one who would deceive if asked...he was very positive in response, said that he totally understands and to let him know when/if something develops. If I were to leave, he asked that I give some kind of notice, because he really wants me to keep an open door should I want to come back here someday - he went on to say some positive stuff about me and my character (which is embarrassing to even type here), and that he would really want me to stay. Of course, I'll give some kind of notice if everything works out the way I think it might.

So, yeah...I'm thinking that the dream is manifested, unless someone thinks I missed something...?
-Mark

Last edited by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:31 am

Wow! Mark I love reading how your dream was manifested, and how you interpreted each part! Thanks for sharing it!

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Habakkuk on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:14 pm

I think that there is another aspect to the dream, a lesson. The Addams family, for instance, is deeply involved in the occult, the wife is probably a vampire and the children are also not exactly Christian either. Still, they are not totally unsympathetic and that is the lesson that I see in your dream. People don't have to be perfect to be nice! Even the worst sinners can have something nice about themselves! Actually, I see this a lot. People who don't believe in Jesus, but who still have something nice about themselves that make me wish they would come to Christ. Personally, I believe that this is something that us Christians should always have in mind when we are dealing with people, especially non-Christians.

Habakkuk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:37 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top