The Painted Entrance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Painted Entrance

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:24 am

Hello again, everyone -

In this dream, I was with a group of people that seemed to be from my current job. We were going to meet with someone important, like our country's president, in a banquet room within the building we were in. We were standing outside the room, but we needed to paint an entrance into the room and then walk through it. Very Looney-Tunes, I know. Some dopey fellow went and painted a large opening in the wall, and painted a continued pattern of the carpeting that we were standing on as a part of this image as well, so it looked like where we were flowed right into the room. He then went to walk through it, but hit a solid surface...just like you'd expect in a cartoon. I should point out, though, that this whole scene was serious. I looked at his work, and it just wasn't detailed (believable) enough to walk through, so I went over it and made it much more realistic. After that, I walked through it...as did the rest of my group.

At this point, I realized that I was only wearing a towel around myself, and it seemed to be coming undone. I went to find a bathroom so that I could fix my "garment." After making the adjustments, I went to leave the bathroom, and a coworker walked in just as I was leaving. I stepped out, and the door had almost closed when he called to me...so, I opened the door back up, and all he did was ask me if we had gotten much snow in my town the other day. I told him that it wasn't too bad.

Any thoughts are always appreciated.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Painted Entrance

Post by Deborah on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:16 am

The first thing that came to my mind was John 10:7 where Jesus says "I am the door of the sheep," and then verse 9: "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, He will be saved AND WILL GO IN and out and find pasture." I think then the entrance is Jesus. The president could represent Father God and no one can come to the Father except through His son Jesus.

I think the "dopey fellow" could be someone who is trying to portray Jesus to others, but misses the mark and then you come by and make things clear enough so you and others can "enter in" to the things of God, so to speak. Perhaps in doing so, you have to be vulnerable--maybe you have to share your testimony or simply chance being rejected.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:50 am

Ooooh...this is all great stuff! Thanks, Deborah! :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:45 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top