yet another baby dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

yet another baby dream

Post by Deborah on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:57 pm

I know there's a lot of baby dreams posted on this site and babies can mean a birth of a ministry, but here's a dream I had:
I was in labor. I somehow knew the baby was a girl. I was in a poor area of the world--I had almost nothing for material possessions, nothing or no one to help me birth this baby, and yet I felt at peace. The labor wasn't painful, just uncomfortable. I never did give birth in the dream, but I knew everything would be okay. It felt like I was in labor all night.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: yet another baby dream

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi, Deborah -

Do you feel that this dream relates to a situation in your own life or someone else's?

The only thought that came to mind was that I remembered you mentioning in another topic that you had been pondering foster care. I don't know how seriously you've been thinking about that, but I could see how that might fit the dream...if that's something on your heart right now.

Another thing that I found interesting was how you knew the gender of the baby ahead of time. To me, it's about knowing the details in advance of the new beginning.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:40 am

Thanks, Mark. Yes, I think this dream is about me. My husband and I actually completed all the paperwork necessary to adopt a child (much more rigorous than the paperwork needed to become a foster parent) several years ago and were even approved for adoption, but I sensed the timing wasn't right back then or even right now.
My husband's extensive injuries from his accident a year ago still keep us both on the road a lot driving to doctors, not to mention the time and energy it takes for me just to get him ready for the day. We have unofficially adopted a lot of "strays" (teenage boys who don't have the greatest home life) over the years and led a Boy Scout troop many years, so I think it's time I got a baby girl in my life, don't you? lol!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:13 pm

Deborah wrote:I think it's time I got a baby girl in my life, don't you?

Just one? :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:25 pm

Okay, three or four? lol!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:33 pm

Deborah wrote:Okay, three or four? lol!

I LOVE this!!! So cute!!!

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Deborah, do you think its possible that this dream is a confirmation of the timing being right this time?? Just some thoughts...

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:53 pm

I know you hear from the Lord Deborah, and God will bless you with your hearts desire. Adoption is such a close and special thing to my heart! I have a birthed son (3) and an adopted daughter (8)...there is absolutely no difference in the love I feel for both my children. I always tell my daughter that I carried her in my heart for WAY more than 9 months. I knew in my heart I desired to adopt my first child, when the timing was right...God did a VERY QUICK work to bring it to pass. When I first laid eyes on my daughter the connection was instant. I had to wait almost 3 years until we could move forward with her adoption. The most difficult thing is I had to be a bystander of someone else in the family taking care of her before she could be with us (and might I add, not up to my standards of care). Before Gods perfect timing, was A LOT of waiting...it seemed like FOREVER to me!!! Carrying this desire made it SO hard not to rush and force my hands upon the process, and even more difficult to watch another family member not do things the way I would. Thankfully all the waiting paid off. Now that I look back, if I hadn't waited on the Lord, things would have for sure fell through. Trust me when I say everything was ordained strategically in our situation by the Lord, every little detail. There was no doubt when the timing was right, things automatically fell into place, glorifying Him. This is all a testimony to my daughter that God ordained her to be with us forever!! Against all odds, she was placed with us strategically by the Lord Almighty!!! :hooray:

I will be praying for you on this very special and beautiful journey that the Lord has called you to. I trust that He will lead you every step of the way! So excited for you!!! praying

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:48 pm

Thanks, Daisy! huggins I don't know about the timing thing even now. I also don't know if I'll end up with adopting a child, fostering one, unofficially adopting one, babysitting or maybe like Sarah in the Bible having a baby in my old age lol! but I'm trying really hard to just do what the Lord wants me to do on a day-by-day basis. My own son will be 21 soon and many of my "adopted" sons have gone on to college and jobs, so except for nieces and nephews and a great niece, I don't have many children in my life right now. Whenever I think of heaven, I think of all the babies up there who need someone to hold them and I hope someday I will be one of those "someone"'s.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:51 pm

Deborah wrote:Thanks, Daisy! huggins I don't know about the timing thing even now. I also don't know if I'll end up with adopting a child, fostering one, unofficially adopting one, babysitting or maybe like Sarah in the Bible having a baby in my old age lol! but I'm trying really hard to just do what the Lord wants me to do on a day-by-day basis. My own son will be 21 soon and many of my "adopted" sons have gone on to college and jobs, so except for nieces and nephews and a great niece, I don't have many children in my life right now. Whenever I think of heaven, I think of all the babies up there who need someone to hold them and I hope someday I will be one of those "someone"'s.

You are truly precious!!!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:55 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top