Dad's hats

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dad's hats

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:40 pm

I was in a large department store. My Dad was at the counter buying a hat. He called me over and said, “Do you like my hat?” It was a small, white beach hat with a colourful band and it looked too small for him. When he lifted it up off the counter there was smaller version of the same hat underneath. He lifted up the smaller hat and once again there was another hat. He kept lifting them up and finding another, there must’ve been about 4-5 hats in the end.
Then my dad, my brother and I were walking along a beach. I walked ahead of them and didn't realise because I was thinking. I turned around and saw dad further back walking a small dog but the dog kept sinking in the sand, sometimes I could only see the leash. One lady was critizising him for this and I was trying to defend him. Then all 3 of us got on a bus, I don’t remember what happened here. But then we got off the bus. The sun was very bright and I was surprised that we still looked the same. I expected us to look sick.

Thanks for any thoughts here!

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dad's hats

Post by Cholette on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:35 pm

Wow! My immediate thought was that your dad represents God the Father and your brother, Jesus. Not sure about the hats, but what comes to mind is "covering". It seems as though you were being shown that there is an eternal covering, hence the fact that there were hats under hats.

I have no clue what the puppy sinking in the sand represents, but an old hymn came to mind...

"my hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' Blood and righteousness. I dare not trust the sweetest frame! But wholly lean on Jesus' name. On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand."

Not sure if this means anything to you, but please pray because these are only thoughts.

Blessings

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:56 pm

Thankyou for your thoughts here Cholette! When I was praying about this dream last night I accidently said ‘hearts’ instead of hats, I think it was a hint.. the covering is for hearts? Maybe not just my own? Just thinking out loud..Also a word from a sermon that has stuck with me these last few weeks is that we are hidden in Christ. So I feel what you said about the covering is right, that I'll be covered under his protection :)

I'm unsure what the dog represents but I think it might be something from my past or maybe it represents me in the past. In the dream, from where I stood I could look back and see that despite the dog being on sinking sands (I love that song!) God had everything under control (the leash), He didn’t allow it to sink too far, he was still guiding the dog even though it was under the sand.. Hmm

Thanks for your help, I'll keep praying about it!

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:39 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top