Two Books in My Bible

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two Books in My Bible

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:39 am

Hello, all -

I didn't even remember that I had this dream until I sat down for my quiet time today, and in a flash it came right back to me.

In the dream, I was laying on my bed with my Bible. I paged to the beginning of a particular book, where my Bible has it printed boldly with a summary just beneath the name. The name of this book was a Chinese name, written in English. I believe it began with an "X," and I want to say that it was Xiao. I flipped back toward the beginning of the Bible, and landed on a second book with a Chinese name. This one isn't so clear to me, but I think it may have began with "M." In the dream, I may have half-questioned those books being in there. Actually, it was more like "I don't know if I've read from these books before..." End of dream.

I am very interested to hear what anyone has to say about this.
Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Two Books in My Bible

Post by Daisy on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:47 pm

Just a thought Mark, but this could be God letting you know that He is going to begin to show you things in the Word that you have never seen before, a new revelation of Him and His Word.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:32 pm

Excellent Daisy I happen to agree.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:41 pm

I concur with Daisy and Connie...

I sense there is more to this dream so keep praying Mark. Try looking up what Xiao means. Maybe th definition will speak to you.

Good dream

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:23 am

Thanks to all of you! What you have agreed upon are the same thoughts that a friend of mine also shared with me. Four different people in agreement on this. Nice!

I'll also share two more things, one a little more personal than the other. I actually went through a period of my life from about the 7th grade on where I was fascinated with a particular period of Chinese history. I read a lot about it, did some research papers based upon it...even found a video game based on it. Ha!

The other tidbit? There's always been a part of me that felt like I would marry someone with Chinese ancestry. I can't quite explain why, but I guess only time will tell in that department.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:31 am

Mark,

I know how you feel. I always felt that way too and I did. My husband is Cambodian.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by piano on Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:15 am

Hi Mark,
Facinating.

I dont have an interpretation, it does sound encouraging though.
Discard or keep what I share.

I did look up Xiao, which has many meanings, but did find there is a book called Xiao Jing- Classic of Filial Piety.
(How to behave toward seniors such as a father, older brother or ruler)
It is a confusious writing.
This might be very important to the chinese culture?

Are you interested in missions at all?

Peace,

Piano

piano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:19 am

piano wrote:Are you interested in missions at all?

Ha ha...not so much! Well, that's actually my knee-jerk reaction to the word. I was a part of a missions trip to Panama when I was 19 or 20, and I really didn't care too much for the experience. The work was important and I did my part, but the climate is what killed me! :) So, I'd really have to gain a passion for it in order to do it again.

I had also looked up the name Xiao, and found the same thing - "filial piety", or "being good to parents." This actually surprised me, because it's something that's very important to me - I once ended a relationship with a girl after a couple years because of the way that she treated her parents. So, I know that God is saying something to me in this dream, but like Cholette said, I think that there's more to this dream.

And to Connie - That is awesome what you confirmed in me by sharing that detail of your life! It's hard for me to define the connection that I feel, but there's something there that's always made me think that this is how it'll be.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:25 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top