Cooking spaghetti...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cooking spaghetti...

Post by blessed1 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:23 am

In my dream I was cooking spaghetti for what seemed to be quite a bit of people. I was in my parents' kitchen and there was a couple from our church there and she was cooking spaghetti, too. She finished her's and put it on the table and I thought "oh, she cooked spaghetti, too" but I noticed her's did not have meat in it. I asked her if it had meat and she said "no", so I thought it was okay that we both cooked it, because mine had meat and her's didn't. Then I was looking in the refrigerator for an ingredient when my alarm woke me up.

Thoughts anyone?

blessed1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cooking spaghetti...

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:32 am

Hi, Blessed1 -

This dream speaks to me from my own experiences. My thoughts are that you have a similar gifting as someone else, and may find yourself wondering why both of you are doing the same thing - if it's really necessary to have more than one involved in whatever it may be. I just want to say that, YES, you both are necessary, because it's the subtle differences that matter to those who receive from you.

Just to share, back in the day we had a single worship leader at our church, and she was fantastic. Changes in circumstances dictated that we find a couple more for when she was absent, and I and another guy were recruited. Eventually, all three of us rotated so that we'd each get a break and be able to receive. I often questioned why I was necessary, because I saw myself as the least among the other two. However, certain people would come up to me to tell me that they really liked how I led worship - it just fit their tastes, and when it was my turn those people felt especially ministered to.

The same applies to you. There are people who need meat in their spaghetti to get just the amount of nourishment that they require!

Plus, I think spaghetti is better with meat, personally. :)
Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blessed1 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:29 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience Mark! I have been teaching a kids' Sunday school class once a month for almost 4 years now and have thought a lot about quitting it lately. I'm kinda getting burned out and feel they would be fine without me. However, the Lord hasn't really told me that's what He wants me to do, nor led me to another area of ministry yet, so I think this may be Him showing I am needed where I'm at. Thank you for helping me in discerning this!!

blessed1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:26 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top