Driving friends/Two cars

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Driving friends/Two cars

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:05 pm

I was in a living room with my mum and she had lost a precious ring that belonged to her mother. She said it was worth $1000. She was searching for it.

Then I was in a shopping centre carpark and I was driving around in my parentís white car. I could see that our blue car was also parked there and I wasnít sure how I would get both cars home. I kept driving around the carpark and eventually parked again. Some of my brotherís friends were standing around so I offered them a ride home, they accepted and put their bags in the boot. When they told me where they lived it was quite far from home but I didnít mind.
Next scene weíre all in the car, but Iím not driving and I canít see/donít remember who is. I was sitting in the backseat and I was asking the friends about their homework. They mentioned their poetry assignment. I asked twice if they had to write original poetry, they said no. We drop off one friend and her house is a mansion on a hill, I was amazed and everyone in the car commented. I canít remember exactly what was said.

Next scene weíre driving, and all the friends are gone. Now the driver is an older man with grey hair, my older brother is in the passenger seat and Iím still in the backseat. We're driving home down a familiar route I usually take. Something came up in conversation and my brother was teasing me about a guy he thinks I like (I donít actually - itís just a running joke in my family). The driver was listening, and he looked at me in the rear view mirror with a look as if to say, I know that guy, and now I know who you are, like he was putting the pieces together. Then he was telling us something about his day and how he was trying to save money. In the past everyday he would get lunch and a newspaper and it would cost $40.

Thanks for any help with this :)

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Driving friends/Two cars

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi, Lionheartedgirl -

Just taking a look at this dream since it's been a little while. I know that you received a response about the ring symbolism - with it being related to wisdom. I agree with that.

I'm thinking that the next part of the dream is about an upcoming period. In the dream, you were at a place where you wouldn't be able to complete both necessary tasks (getting both cars home) as you were. Funny how after meeting your friends you didn't consider getting them to help with this...which also makes me think that whatever this problem is that's beyond what you're able to do alone, it's really just a springboard for something later on...

Now, I don't know if poetry is something you're interested in, but if it is, your questions related to that could be more on the literal side...or, since you're an artist, it could be another artistic project through which you're connect to others. This is what I think the middle scene is all about: making a connection. You're not sure who's driving, which actually makes me think that this is a God-orchestrated scenario. At the end, where you drop off your friend, it's revealed to you that there's something more amazing about this person that you assumed or that you understood up to that point.

The last scene with the grey-haired driver and your brother. The piecing together that this person made based upon you and your brother's comments - I think that this is also about connection, and possibly to someone with wisdom (the gray hair). While this person was an older man with grey hair, he could represent a mutual connection between you and someone you know...and once that connection's revealed, it opens the door for you to learn a little more about this person.

These are just my thoughts, mind you. Toss what doesn't fit for you.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi Mark, thanks for checking in on these older dreams! I've been wondering about this one.. I have a few comments/questions..

TheWhiteShadow wrote:which also makes me think that whatever this problem is that's beyond what you're able to do alone, it's really just a springboard for something later on...

I agree with what you said in this paragraph - In the dream after meeting the people I didn't even think of the other car/dilemna or possibly asking for help. Can I ask what you meant by "this problem is just a springboard for something later on"? is the car dilemna the springboard to the friend situation?

Regarding the poetry - I didn't know this before, but I'll be studying poetry in my course this semester, so that part probably is literal. Thanks for piecing these together, you're totally right about the connections! - I didn't see that before, but it fits in with what I'm praying for. knowing it will be 'God orchestrated' is the most encouraging part. I'll keep these things in mind. Thanks so much for your help here!

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:21 am

lionheartedgirl wrote:is the car dilemna the springboard to the friend situation?

Yep. That's where I was going. Funny thing is that I was thinking this, but forgot to type it out. :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:26 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top