Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mamoyo

Spiritual Attack. Please help!!

Hi everyone. I need some help and advise on how best to handle a problem that I am currently facing.

Last week beginning on Wednesday I was having dreams that I knew were warning me of an impending spiritual attack (three dreams in total). On Sunday morning (03.42 am when I woke up), the Holy Spirit told me that before that day was over, the dream would have manifested; and it did.

I have a teenage son, 15 yrs old, who is going through a rebellious phase at the moment. Previously, with regards to church attendance, he has obeyed, though he makes it very obvious that he does not like it - he will make endless trips to the loo, or go out in the middle of the service and sit outside untill the end of service.

This Sunday, as we got back from church I noticed that he was really angry and asked him what the matter was. He then told me that it was because he did not want to go to church because he does not believe in God. I asked him what does he believe in, and he said "nothing." I found this very hard to take, and it really affected me spiritually.

Any ideas on how I should handle this, please?

Hello...

You handle this in the spirit because this is a SPIRITUAL ATTACK. You need to war on behalf of your son, while not giving in to his actions. Those actions are meant to intimidate you and cause you to give in so you will agree that he doesn't go to church.

I had a friend a while ago and we raised our sons together. The boys did everything together and if my son wasn't at her house, her son was at my house. When he got around the same age as your son is now, he decided he didn't want to go to church and my friend allowed him to stay home because she felt he was at the age where he could make that decision. I begged her not to allow him to stay home because it would only make the situation worse. My son wanted to do the same thing, but I didn't allow it and told him that he could make his decision when he left my home at 18. That was the beginning to major spiritual warfare, even in my home, but I prayed and DID NOT give in, despite his attitude and his "slouchy" posture in church.

Well, the sad part to this is, I tried to talk to my friend's son over the years and when I found out that he wasn't meek enough to listen, I stopped allowing my son to hang with him. It turns out that he began running with a gang...he shot someone...and now he's doing 20 years to life.

I'm sharing this with you because I want to show you what the spiritual attack does and how it lulls the parent to sleep very subtly. I honestly believe that if my friend would have kept her son in church, despite the attitude and despite the arguing and pulling, he would NOT be where he is today. Don't get me wrong, I know people who were raised in the church and never left and still are locked up, but I also know MORE people who stayed under the leadership of a church and they are all good!

So my answer to your question is: Fight in prayer and continue "forcing" him to go to church. It doesn't matter what his attitude is or what he says, just think more about how the power of God can over take him and change what needs to be changed in him. He may continue to say things about not believing in God, but don't allow that to sway you from pouring the seeds of Christ into his heart. My son went thought that stage, but I didn't stop talking God to him...even when he would argue back...I just giving him the wisdom of God. Now, I can tell the difference because I've been praying that God would RE-DEFINE who He is to my son. Little by little, through some tough seasons, God has been showing him who He is.

The Bible promises that when we raise our children up in the way they should go, when they get old, they will not depart. (Proverbs 22:6)

Lastly, I will share a scripture with you that I pray over my son EVERYDAY!

And all your [spiritual] children shall be disciples [taught by the Lord and obedient to His will], and great shall be the peace and undisturbed composure of your children. (Isaiah 54:13 AMP)

Cholette,

Words fail me to express how much your response/testimony has ministered to me this morning.

Thanx for the encouragement, and your response is bang on on the issues that I'm facing. You are right to say that these actions are meant to intimidate me. This is the truth; when he was telling me about his unbelief in God, his face looked strange - in my spirit I knew that wasn't him talking. I responded very calmly, but in my mind I was telling the devil where to go. I draw my strength from the fact that in all 3 dreams, I defeated the enemy. Thank God for the Holy Spirit who prepares us for battle and shows us the outcome - thus encouraging us. Glory to God.

@ Connie - Thanks for your prayers, much appreciated.

Praise God!!!!!!! Remember, your fight is not against flesh and blood. We like to only quote that when others come against us, but it's for our families...our children as well. Im angered the most when the devil messes with my child...and he knows it.

I have another scripture for you that God gave me when I was crying out for my son...Jeremiah 31:16-17. I can't seem to copy and paste it here because I'm on my IPad. Be encouraged...

Thanks Cholette.
I have been very much encouraged. Commenting on Jer 31:16-17, The New Spirit Filled Bible (NKJV) says that much of the old testament is the story of God's children (the Israelites) straying, so God knows our heartache, and he promises to bring our straying children back.
God bless you.