The Shrinking Car

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Shrinking Car

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:32 am

Hello, All -

I have a pretty good idea of what this dream is about, but I figured I'd share it just in case someone has any thoughts of their own to add. I also want to apologize in advance for something in the dream...that is, to my friends who live in the southern part of my country...

In the dream, I was sitting in the back seat of a what was my cousin's car - this is not his real-life vehicle. He was driving the car, and one of my former co-workers was in the passenger seat. There was a middle row of seats, and then the back seat where I was sitting. So, the car was sort of like a station wagon, although it didn't seem that way in the dream.

We were driving along, and there were other people in the car that I didn't really know, but it seemed that we were all going to work at the same place. There was a feeling of anxiety among the passengers, and it seemed like everyone was afraid to talk to each other. I decided to break the ice, and I think that I started sharing family stories...which would be risky considering my cousin was in the vehicle.

The others would listen to the stories, and slowly begin to respond, coming out of themselves more and more. As we drove on, we must have picked up some more people, because the car was getting more cramped. Eventually, my cousin decided to participate, which really seemed to make me happy. Without stopping the car, he climbed into the backseat near me, and the guy in the passenger seat took over driving. At this point, the car seemed really small, and we were all close together. We readjusted ourselves to make room for my cousin. At this point, he began to share a family story. All that I remember of the story was that he was making fun of his wife's southern accent (sorry!), which he does in real life (she's not offended). In fact, he was making fun of the way that she said "road," and making it sound like the word "moat." *Thing is, they sound the same in real life, but in the dream it seemed like they weren't supposed to?

Finally, someone said that my brother was approaching us from behind and wanted to pass us. I looked out the rear window and saw another car that was a ways away, but it must have been him. Everyone was rather dismissive of him after this was announced.

I'd be happy to hear any thoughts on this.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Shrinking Car

Post by Daisy on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:42 pm

Two observations from this dream...not sure if they are relevant or not. Please toss it if they dont fit. The first thing that stands out to me is the title of your posting 'the shrinking car'. As I read your dream though, it seems that there is less and less room, the car itself is not actually shrinking, its just adding additional passengers/people taking up more of the available space. With this observation (totally just my thoughs), is there anyway that in your waking life you may feel like God is 'taking away' or making your world seem 'smaller' ( or even less comfortable), when actually the opposite is true...that God is actually 'adding' more to your life (things/people or responsibilities), 'enlarging' your territory and your influence over those around you, bringing increase instead? If you feel this is true, then perhaps its just a simple perspective that needs to be adjusted.

My second observation is that it seems in the dream that your brother may be in competition with you. Is this also true in your waking life? Is he always trying to pass you, or catch up to you?

Just some thoughts, please pray and toss if its way off.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:25 am

Hi, Daisy -

While we were adding people to the car, it actually did change to a smaller vehicle at the same time...I guess I should have worded it more that way. Even still, what you said still fits, and I do have to look at things differently. In my mind, I'm looking at what I'm going to lose by gaining all this extra stuff.

The greatest one to stand out to me is going back to school. In my mind, I'm going to lose what little free time I have, and it might take away from spending time with my family - and that's something I really enjoy. Still, it's really only temporary, and it's going to contribute towards something better later on.

The closeness with my cousin is probably a representation of the same thing in the natural by going back to my old job, but working during the day (when he works) rather than overnight.

Your second observation is right on the money. He won't actually say it, but he definitely competes with me. We were in the same position, opposite shifts, and my shift would usually put his to shame. That wasn't my goal, but it is what happened. What's kinda sad is that when he was in my old position (before he went to day shift), I worked under him, and I worked very hard to make him look good. I'd rather serve than compete.

Surprisingly, he called me yesterday and had a lot to say about me going back to school (since he's doing it as well), and he even spoke some positive things against my own doubts and fears. He even came right out and said that if he could do it, then it should be easy for me.

Thanks a lot, Daisy. You confirmed some of the thoughts I had about this dream.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Awesome!! So glad this confirmed some things for you! Im glad your brother was also able to encourage you...this is how its suppose to be with siblings. Even his comment though, shows how highly he thinks of you...and how in his mind you can do a lot of things better/easier than he can. Will you soon be working back with him, or will it be opposite shifts again?

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:05 am

I'll know for sure very shortly, but the most recent conversations will have us both on the same shift.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:33 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top