Mean townspeople cause young men to use drugs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mean townspeople cause young men to use drugs

Post by Deborah on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:46 am

In real life I have been writing to a young man since 1998--he was in prison, but now he's married, has a 2-year-old daughter and has a good job. He's also grown spiritually by leaps and bounds in the time I've known him. He battles a drug addiction--he'll be free for years, and then something will happen like the death of his infant son and he'll start using again.

Last night I dreamed he and his family came to visit me and my family. (He lives far away so I've never seen him irl.) He had three other young men about his age with him. We were all happy to see each other. There was some celebration going on in town so we went to town. I was reluctant to take them because in real life, this town has people in it who can say very hurtful things. Sure enough, the townspeople were mean to this young man and his friends. I tried to protect my guests, but I couldn't. The next thing I knew, the young man and his friends were smoking pot. what I was horrified. Somehow I knew the hurtful words were what drove them into using drugs. One tried to bring drugs into my small car and I told him he couldn't because of possession laws.

This is all I remember of the dream. The drug use really scared me, I was also furious with the townspeople.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mean townspeople cause young men to use drugs

Post by SisterinChrist on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:49 am

i think the furiousness that you felt in dream might be a call for you to do spiritual warfare for them.. Hate the SIN.. pray against it...

Its wonderiful that you kept in touch with this young man. I pray the Lord guides this mans path and keep him from all harm and evil.

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:53 am

Yes, that's right, Sis in Christ, I know we fight not against flesh and blood but principalities, powers and rulers in high places. I was just talking to someone yesterday about learning how to release the townspeople of all the offenses I have against them.

One other thing I remember about the dream is one of the young men wanted to store his drugs near the gas cap in the car--I don't know if this is a common storage place or not, or if it's even significant.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi deborah~I am wondering if this is literal one, not in the sense of it all manifesting, but in the sense of the townspeople AND your friend that has had drug problems literally in need of your intercessions. I feel that your dream has the heart of the matter in which addiction holds its victims, through a broken hurting heart.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:03 pm

Yes, I do think my friend needs intercession; that was my first thought. As for the townspeople, I am learning to pray, pray, pray before I'm around them, whether it's a trip to the post office, the laundromat or even the smallest of trips where I don't think I'll run into anybody. When I don't pray, I get attacked somehow every single time. I've begged my husband for years to move but so far haven't changed his mind.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:14 pm

Ugh...thats terrible with the townspeople. Sounds like a miserable bunch...not fun to be around. The part of the gas cap in your dream, I have never heard of people hiding stuff there...but to me if I was into that stuff that sounds like an excellent place to stash things you dont want to be found by the cops...thats what made me think its a literal thing to pray for...I wouldn't have ever thought of hiding something there!!

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:17 pm

Daisy wrote: The part of the gas cap in your dream, I have never heard of people hiding stuff there...but to me if I was into that stuff that sounds like an excellent place to stash things you dont want to be found by the cops...thats what made me think its a literal thing to pray for...I wouldn't have ever thought of hiding something there!!
Yes, I don't think I've ever thought of the gas cap as a hiding area either! I hope no one reading this gets any ideas!

As for the townspeople, I know the Bible says if you want friends, you must show yourself friendly, and believe me, I've tried SO HARD, but I don't feel welcome here and haven't for 21 years. I was born in this town and I think the rejection has very spiritual roots which is why I can fight it off somewhat if I pray, but lack of rejection isn't the same as acceptance, it's more like tolerance.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:48 pm

i\\'m sorry I'm so sorry...I bet you Jesus felt the same exact way in His hometown. Well I will tell you one thing, THEY are the ones missing out!!! huggins

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:00 pm

thumbs Thanks, Daisy! That's what my friends (mostly in other towns lol! ) say too.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:55 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top