Two Separate Dreams - Standing Up To The Boss, And Leaving The Concert

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two Separate Dreams - Standing Up To The Boss, And Leaving The Concert

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:18 am

Good Morning, All -

I woke up between the two dreams, and now a lot of the first one is faded, so I'll write what I can remember:

In the first dream, I walked into a room that seemed to be a classroom of sorts. In the room was a former boss - the same one I avoided in a dream a week or so ago. In real life, he was very much the antagonist to the employees, but not to myself...mostly out of his own need for my support. Anyway, in the dream, he was yelling at one of the people in the class room. I believe that the target was one of my former coworkers. I saw this going on, and it made me furious. I stood up to the boss/teacher and exclaimed that the way he was treating this guy was harassment, that he did not have to behave this way, that it was unprofessional, and that I would not tolerate it. The boss/teacher stopped right then, and I believe that I led the student/coworker out of the room. For some reason, I remember thinking that what I did would cost me my job, but I didn't care since I felt that I did the right thing.

The same dream switched to a different scene, and all that I can remember was that I was working in some type of store, like a Walmart, and that my department only had two products for which I was responsible. On the left side of the department were aisles filled with shelves of Twinkies. Yes, Twinkies. On the right side were aisle filled with shelves of these two-pack chocolate donuts. I was called to the front of the store for something, and on my way up I noticed something new that I had never seen before: There was a small display of those two-pack donuts, but with blue writing on the package. I first assumed that the blue was for blueberries, but when I read the package, the donuts were actually peanut butter flavored, which made me think "Peanut Butter and Blueberries? That's nasty." I read a little further, and it turned out that the blue writing on the package had nothing to do with blueberries - the words said "Sugar Free."

Different dream, same night: The dream started off with me somewhat dressed up. I had on these brown dress pants and a white dress shirt. I was inside a room with other people who played a string instrument (In real life, I played the cello since elementary school, but not since I graduated). I had a cello with me inside a case. The group was about to begin playing, and I went to leave. The leader of this group called to me, handed me a sheet of music and seemed to think that I would play with them. I looked at the music, and then said that I couldn't do it. With that, I walked out of the room, cello and sheet music in hand.

As I went to leave this building, someone stopped me and asked me why I wasn't playing with the group. I showed them the sheet music and pointed out the reason on the sheet: The music was written in Treble Clef, which was for the higher-pitched instruments, and I would have needed it written in Bass Clef in order for me to understand it. I knew that there was a way to transcribe one to the other, but there was no way to get that done in time to play. The person who stopped me didn't seem to understand, but I knew that my reason was valid and that my choice to leave was the right thing to do. (Note: As I'm typing this out, I'm feeling that this dream relates to when I'm about to leave my new job, and is likely prophetic).

With that, I reached the outside of the building, and there were people everywhere on their way inside. I headed around the building to find my car, and there was a woman who was going with me. She seemed familiar and like she was supposed to be with me, but I don't remember ever seeing what she looked like. We searched for my car, and it didn't seem to be where I remembered it to be. Also, the car in my dream was not my real life car...and I think that it belonged to my parents in the dream. We searched the parking lot, and I was walking along with the key fob out, pressing the door lock button every-so-often in order to make the horn honk. I would think that I heard it, but I could never find it with all the people around. Someone eventually stopped us, and I told them what I was doing. They began to lead me around to the other side of the building. There was a feeling that's hard to describe - it was kind of awkward, and a little untrusting of this person. Even so, I think that we found the car by the end of the dream.

Sorry for the wall of text. Any thought appreciated.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Two Separate Dreams - Standing Up To The Boss, And Leaving The Concert

Post by L4JC on Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi Mark!

Yanno, I'm going to break down my thoughts by "paragraph".

In the first paragraph - I can't shake the feeling this is something that has been on your mind even before you even had this dream. Like you've been mentally engineering in your mind how this will play out if something ever comes up again when you go back to your old job - how you'll respond and "help" another person, cuz you want to do something that is "right" and not just let it slide by and do nothing. (I read from another post you wrote that you're planning to go back to your old job). Sometimes we dream of things that needs "resolvement" in order to face the "real reason" why we're "changing". I may be totally off here and this may not be at all what's happening. I just get the sense that in your mind and heart, you're trying to "plan ahead" on how to explain to others at your old job why you're "back again". And issues you've seen in the workplace that you didn't like there... you may be internalizing how you're going to make things different this "time" around. Does this resonate in your heart in any way?

Second paragraph - donuts to me represents a feeling of inner "emptiness" because of the "hole" in the donut. The twinkies are a "treat" like a fulfillment because of the creamy filling inside. Because you were reading the labels and trying to decide if it had peanut butter or blueberries ... you thought this isn't the "best" treat to eat as you originally thought when you saw the twinkies at first. Seeing the words "Sugar Free" is your mind's rationalization that you can have this "treat" and maybe this time it's okay to have it. I'm not saying it's about "food" ... it could be a "reward" of some sort like buying something you've been wanting and really couldn't have because of the "cost". This is just my thought when I read this paragraph. Pls. toss if it doesn't fit with you.

Third paragraph feels like a "missed opportunity" that has happened or could happen later on... sounds like perhaps, your faith wasn't strong enough to trust that you could perform the music correctly. Is there anything in your life that feels like how this part of the dream played out, perhaps like in your new job? As if you want to attempt to do something but you "rationalize" to yourself with excuses not to do it, because you feel you may fail if you try it? On another thought, it could have been something in your past that you didn't do and wished you could have done differently.

Your 4th paragraph sounds like you are going through some of the same feelings about your new job and how don't feel like you "fit" there like you did with your old job. Sounds like you understand this part of your dream. But I can sense too, that someone from your new job may attempt to keep you on board by giving you another opportunity to convince you to stay. Just a thought here...

5th paragraph sounds like with your car being your parent's car, is that you'll have their support on the decision you plan to make with leaving your new job for the old job. Because you weren't able to find your car, that tells me you still feel a bit "lost" about your next plan in life. Because you were walking with this girl outside looking for your car ... I sense that it's about needing the right woman in your life to give you the support you may crave. And seeing that you cant' find your car, and seeing someone who asked you what you were looking for ... and not trusting this person. Tells me that you're a bit gun-shy about trusting anyone to help you with your "future" plans.

Yanno Mark, your dream really spoke to me. It was almost like I was seeing myself back when I was 33 years old. I was unsure of the career I was supposed to have, and who I was going to marry. I didn't feel settled at all. I can remember clearly one night I prayed earnestly to the Lord that He would bless me with the right man for me. And one year later, I met him! I feel your heart's desire will come soon for you, too! Lay your heart's desire to the Lord ... You can trust in Him completely. Jeremiah 29:11 promises that!

- Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:25 pm

I luv all of sunny's thoughts...I just had a couple things to add, keep in mind these are just thoughts again.

The scene with the doughnuts...The sugar free doughnuts (vs. the twinkie), makes me think of a cheap imitation for some reason. Sugar free things are never as good as the real deal! lol! :donut:

The part where you were trying to find your car, makes me think of you seeking direction for your life decisions. A word of encouragement from the scriptures....
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Mark, not a doubt in my heart that you hear clearly from the Lord, Your steps are ordered by Him.....don't worry He will guide you along the way...His peace will lead you. Hope this is encouraging to you.... :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:37 pm

Thanks, Sunny, for sharing all that you have on these dreams. There is a resonating in me with a lot of what you've got, here.

First off, I'm going to jump ahead to the twinkie/donut part, because that's the one thing that, when I looked at it myself, I just didn't really have a clue of where to begin. It seemed quite random, especially among the other dreams I've had lately. In the dream, these two things were both areas of responsibility to me, and what you've shared makes me think of my priorities, and what is truly fulfiling, and what is empty (sadly, neither one of the symbols are nutritious).

Jumping back to the beginning - it's interesting to me that this is the 2nd dream I've had lately where I've stood up to someone in authority when they've mistreated those beneath them. This isn't my most dominant trait in real life, but it could be something that God intends to develop - obviously not just for the sake of being defiant. What you mentioned about planning ahead what it is that I plan to say when I return to my old job - it could be that these authority figures are more like giants to me rather than actual authority figures in the natural. One of my biggest concerns is what I'm going to say to my peers and subordinates when I return, because those are going to be my sources of the greatest amount of flack. So, I do think you're on target with your thoughts, here.

I gave more thought today to the portion where I left the concert, and I'm more confident that it's about my leaving the new job - which should be very soon. I don't expect those in authority to understand where I'm coming from, even if I gave them a valid reason. I anticipate that their going to think that I'm giving up or that I'm not giving myself a chance...but, the thing is, there's two strong reasons why I'm leaving: First, I don't think that my body can hold up, physically. Yeah, I'm pretty tough and able to do physical labor...but there's an elemental aspect (the cold!) to this job that I just can't seem to adjust to. It really hits me with a soreness that I've never had to deal with before. The second reason is that there's a required rate of efficiency that each employee must maintain to keep this job. I've kept up with the other employees in each area, so I know that I'm just as efficient. And yet, when you plug into the computer what you did for the day, they have higher numbers than I...and, as I've learned from overhearing their conversations, it's their dishonesty in entering their stats that give them higher numbers. And I won't do that just to keep the job.

Also along the same lines - I do expect to have a "convince me to stay" conversation when the time comes to give my notice at the new place. I'm mentally preparing for that...

You're also right on with the 5th paragraph - I do have my parents' support in what I'm doing, which was slightly surprising that they weren't against my leaving the new job so soon. I anticipated resistance, and didn't find any...which was great! Now, I'll tell you that I originally chalked up the unseen girl that was with me as the Holy Spirit...but, I do have to consider that it's about a real-life woman. It actually made me laugh to read that part, because a good friend of mine has shared similar thoughts about other dreams. And, while that's an area of my life I sometimes think that I wouldn't mind addressing, I have all sorts of self-disqualifying reasons to continue to put that off.

Your final comments sum it all up - I definitely feel unsettled about where I am and where I may be going. I really have no idea what's going to happen - how everything will work out. It's like I can only envision very short periods into the future, and even that's hazy.

Thanks for everything, here.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:39 pm

Ah! Thanks for your thought as well, Daisy! I got done writing my book, and then I see that I have more things to consider! :)

Thank you especially for your confidence that I'm hearing from the Lord. No greater doubt comes against me than in that specific area.

Bless you both,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:18 pm

Mark,

In this paragraph you wrote:

"I've kept up with the other employees in each area, so I know that I'm just as efficient. And yet, when you plug into the computer what you did for the day, they have higher numbers than I...and, as I've learned from overhearing their conversations, it's their dishonesty in entering their stats that give them higher numbers. And I won't do that just to keep the job."

To me, you're a man of integrity and the Lord will bless you for doing the right thing.

And as for the comment you made about setting your priorities right (the twinkies/donuts) was insightful ... :)

Although you may feel unsettled and unsure of the future, you know the Lord has nothing but GREAT plans for your future, and I hope you lay your hope in God's plan! Because I see you as a person who has so much to offer. You're a great writer, and how you respond to others and to my dreams, has been phenomonal... you have a wonderful knack in getting to the heart of the "dreamer's dream". In fact, prior to reading your response to Daisy I had often wondered if you were a writer! And lo' behold... you are! So, that tells me God has given you a wonderful gift of writing and is already USING you in a very blessed way with this gift! I wish you the very best with your book! (my inquisitive mind wants to ask questions, but I won't out of respect for you) I'll be praying that the Lord will have His way with your book as He sees fit and that others will be blessed as I have by your insights and writing here on this forum!!!

As for the right girl that the Lord will bring you, no matter what disqualifying reasons you may have to put it off... the right girl will love you just as you are!

Goodnight Mark!

- Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:32 pm

I just had a response typed out, and I lost it by clicking the "like" button. :P

What I had said was that by book, I was actually referring to the length of my response! I laughed when I read what you said about it, and then I had to retract my laugh. You see, a close prophetic friend of mine gave me a word not long ago about writing a book, and I half-dismissed it, because I don't think that I have anything to say. But, when I tell myself that, a faint idea comes to mind...as if to say that I DO have something I should consider putting down on paper.

So, if anything, it was a Sarai laugh. But I know that God just spoke to me through you, confirming (again) something that I feel like dismissing.

Goodnight to you as well, Sunny!
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:18 pm

LOL! I'm laughing literally! Cuz, I got a "free" like from you! Intentional or not! :P

All kidding aside, I'm surprised you're not a "book writer"... You'll have to really pray about this Mark. You do have a very internalistic way of conveying thoughts and insights to others in ways they'll understand it completely. (well, maybe not the "book" part that I misunderstood! LOL :P But I believe that was a GOD THING there that was supposed to be "misunderstood"!) Love how God lets His children know how valued He really thinks of them truly and will even do it even through a totally surprising way!

Sarai or not in your "laughs"... don't dismiss this! I believe this is truly Lord ordained - for you to be writer! Maybe this is where your future lays? Just a gut feeling here!

I know I said I was going to bed... but I couldn't resist writing you back to give you my thoughts!

I say this to the Lord... thank You God for using me to encourage Mark! Now bless Mark with your true intentions in regards to his writing!

God bless you, Writer! hehee

-Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:37 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top