a dream about a prophet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

a dream about a prophet

Post by L4JC on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:58 am

Hi ya'll -

This dream really got my attention as it's about a current prophet I've always wondered if he's really from the Lord. He's a really good author and I've always asked the Lord if his "work" is really of Him. It appears the Lord shared His thoughts with me in the dream about this prophet, but I don't understand the dream! LOL

In the dream, it was like everyone had a garage that they all lived in (it looked like duplex garages stacked next to each other and once we're inside, we could see each other in our "garages" section). I know strange. We all had to earn that right to have our own garage. Doing duties, helping each other, etc. and so forth.

The prophet drove backward in his car inside next to my garage. I noticed over time, he wasn't doing his duties. I started helping him out, to do his laundry and other things that needed to be done, so he didn't lose his spot in the garage. I was concerned for him. I could sense others were aware of what he hasn't been doing, too.

Next scene - I saw him laying down on the pavement of his "garage"... just crying so hard. It was like something occurred that he was so distraught over it. His car was missing, and appeared he didn't have anything left but the clothes I washed for him (they were still in the washing machine) and I walked outside of my garage to find someone who knew what was going on with the prophet, and ended up talking to a girl I knew and she has been waiting for her turn to have her own "garage", and appeared to be excited but I wasn't sure what she was excited about. Then, all the sudden, I saw her smile REAL BIG at me (almost like she knew a secret that I didn't know about) and she walked away to get into her car and drive her car backward into the garage where the prophet was living ... then it dawned on me, he wasn't there anymore and had lost his privelege to have his own garage, and I was really sad for him. I was suspicious to the girl who I knew to move alongside me. I couldn't help but wonder if she had something to do with what happened to the prophet. I was wondering where the prophet was and I was really sad I didn't have him as a neighbor anymore, and was wondering if he was alright and I wanted to find out. EOD

IRL: I do not know who the girl is in the dream. But in the dream, I knew her.

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: a dream about a prophet

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:15 am

Hi, Sunny -

Cutting to the chase - I think that the message here is that the prophet is not of the Lord. I think that the events of the dream represent your own realization over time that this person isn't doing work for God's kingdom. I see the garages as your places in the kingdom. You began to see that this man wasn't doing what was required. The part where you were helping him out is likely your own appreciation for his work as a writer - and maybe literal support by purchasing books?

Eventually, though, the truth comes out, and he's not allowed to keep his position. What's interesting is the girl who took over after him. It's possible that this man will be exposed by another "prophet," but it's likely just one false replacing another...something to keep in mind when these things take place so that you don't get caught up in the following of the one "true" prophet who exposed the previous one.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:14 am

I have been reading several of his books and they are pretty intriguing. And I couldn't shake this feeling as I read them, that its possible that it's not of God. And that feeling grew, but at the same time, I wondered if it was the enemy trying to keep me from reading it - if it's truly of the Lord. So, after I prayed to the Lord to reveal to me if he's truly of Him to reveal it to me. Only 1 week later I have this dream.

What you've said says it completely what I've been feeling. The dream almost felt like the girl had caused "his downfall" ... like she was not of God either! It's a strange feeling that I had when I woke up. And I was so distraught in the dream myself that he was no longer beside me in the garage, cuz I truly wanted him to make it! I guess I truly wanted to believe He is of God. Now I know I can't keep reading his books anymore. Which is sad, cuz he truly is gifted as a writer. But I now know I can't allow his words to infilterate me any longer.

Instead of reading his books, I'm going to be praying for him ... that he gets his heart right with the Lord.

Thanks Mark for sharing!

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:47 am

I know in my dreams, vehicles often represent ministries, so it makes sense a garage would symbolize something that protects a ministry--so book sales would protect a ministry by giving it the financial support to stay afloat.

You washing clothes represents seeking to keep an open mind about this prophet, keeping his outside appearance cleansed until even this diligence on your part can't keep up (the clothes were still in the washing machine at the end of the dream) and so his "dirtiness" is exposed.

Would a real Christian "smile real big" when benefiting because of the fall of another Christian? I don't think so. Even the fact that she backed into the garage seems to indicate her walk is backward.

So I'm not really saying anything different from what Mark already said, but I thought I'd share my thoughts anyway....

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:26 am

Deborah, you gave some very insightful thoughts! I like how you said about the garage being God's covering.

His car was missing, so to me that represents his ministry was taken from him... thus, the reason he was crying so hard. I pray that if in real life he did cry this hard means that he was truly repenting. I surely hope so!

And the woman who drove backwards into the garage instead of going forward was a great observation on your part because I now remember clearly that the prophet ALSO backed into the garage, too, instead of going forward! (reading that from you was eye-opening)! So, I have to agree with you, that their "walk" with the Lord is definitely not of God.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

-Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ditte3 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:44 am

Dear Sunny,
I'm not an expert in dream interpreting yet. Please pray about what I say.
As I read your dream I remembered that every prophecy must be tested. You wrote that you all could see each other in your garage.
If someone is a prophet, he/she has to grow in character, he/she has to live a righteous life. I liked how you helped him with his laundry. Maybe you saw that he has to make his life right.
I didn't like the behaviour of the girl. Her demanour wasn't chrislike at all. I had a bad feeling about her.
May the Lord bless you.

ditte3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:36 am

Hi ditte3,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I agree with what you shared... prophecy does have to be tested. And they do need to grow in character, just like each of us have to. Strange thing in the dream is when I was doing his laundry, he didn't notice. :(

Thanks for sharing!

-Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:13 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top