Me and my best friend are pregnant

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Me and my best friend are pregnant

Post by L4JC on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Hi ya'll -

I had a dream I'd like to share, if anyone feels led to share their thoughts or insights, I welcome it!

In the dream, I was at some university (couldn't tell which one, though) and saw my best friend and a friend of hers walking towards me. I noticed right away she was pregnant (almost about to give birth). And then I noticed I was pregnant, too... My best friend and I were talking and I told her to let me know when she delivers her baby. She nodded and said she would. She and her friend walked away.

The scene changed - I was still at the university and saw my best friend and the "same" friend earlier in the dream ... this time, my best friend was no longer pregnant and was thin. I was really upset that she didn't tell me that she had delivered her baby. I looked down at my tummy ... and saw that I was still pregnant, but was due at any time, then all the sudden, I sort of fall down and started to bleed... just a small spot. (I was a little alarmed, but then saw that it was so small, I shrugged it off).

IRL: Neither of us are pregnant and do not wish to. I sense the dream is about a new beginning... but unclear what the dream is really about. My best friend is currently going to graduate school. And I'm currently taking an EKG refresher course @ a community college to prepare for the board exams to get my certification and license.

I'm thinking it pertains to our current situation in college, but since there wasn't much talking involved in the dream... hard to analyze what the dream really means. Any thoughts or input would be welcome. :)

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Me and my best friend are pregnant

Post by Daisy on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi L4JC~I totally agree that it seems to me that this dream is about a new beginning, and it makes sense that you both are taking classes. Just a thought comes to mind. Is there any part of you that maybe is feeling a bit concerned with your friendship? Does any part of you feel a little bit scared that your friendship may drift as you guys start out in these new journeys in your lives, or as new people come into your lives? I think of this b/c of this new friend that seems to be with her each time in the dream, and b/c of your response to her not informing you that she gave birth. Also, do you at all feel that the paths that you guys have chosen as far as your careers go, may end up bringing distance in the friendship?? These are just some thoughts...not an intperp.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi Daisy!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here...

Yanno, I don't feel like I'm worried about our friendship. And I didn't feel like our "friendship" was fading or anything in the dream, but I was concerned that she didn't inform me that she had given birth. This part of the dream that puzzled me was she was very straight faced, no emotion - no talking or anything. To me, this is so UNLIKE her! I almost felt like it was someone else but it looked "like" her. If that makes any sense. Our frienship has always been strong for over 25 years. We always pick up off where we've left off before.

The main thing I was really concerned about with the dream when I awoke was that in the dream, I was bleeding (from the pregnancy) and I panicked ... then I realized after looking at the bleeding, it was just a small "spot" on my white shirt. Although I was relieved, I was at the same time bummed I had that small spot. I wondered if this bleeding may be some sort of an obstacle to my path upon finishing up my coursework? Or finding "work" upon graduation? Or if it's an actual spiritual meaning behind this?

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts Daisy!

-Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:18 pm

Hey, Sunny -

I have a thought, but I'll ask it in a question...in a second. :)

First, I think that your emotion in the 2nd part of the dream is important - the way that you felt about your friend having given birth without letting you know.

Would you be bothered at all if your friend entered into this "new beginning" without letting you know? If you think not, then I'm inclined to say that the friend in the dream represents someone else...in which case I'll ask the question that I intended to: Is there an area of your life where you are in the same circumstance as any friend, and you would find yourself feeling these same emotions? Lastly, if the answer to THAT is no, then I'd like to spin the whole thing around and throw out the thought that you and your friend are reversed in the dream, and you were shown the emotions that she may feel.

Yes, that's a lot to look at. I just figured I'd throw the whole train of thought out there at once so I wouldn't need to keep coming back and following up with question after question. :)

And, if it doesn't fit, throw the whole thing out. :D
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:22 pm

Hi again sunny.. Once again, just my thoughts...but I did think the same thing when I read that part about the small spotting. I thought about a small obstacle, nothing to worry about. Keep me posted if something manifests. In your waking life, has your friend at all been acting out of character, maybe even in a slightly different way than in the dream? One other thought that popped in my head when I first read it, was what if your friend didn't tell you about the birth of the baby b/c she lost the baby? Are things going well for her, according to her original plan (in her waking life)?? Has she had a lot of obstacles along the way in her journey??

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:21 pm

First I'll respond to Mark - It hit me like pretty fast when you asked if perhaps it could be reversed, that if this could be about her and not about me ... that my behavior towards the bleeding and getting upset could be what my friend is actually feeling... and if this is typical behavior of her? Yes, it is! She would be so upset if I didn't share everything with her! And that reaction she gave me is what I would have given her... I would have been totally quiet and just listened even without emotion. (She always says I never cry.) Thanks for sharing your insights Mark. Totally, this is it! LOL YAY... revelation! I have to love it when I finally "get" the meaning of the dream! Thanks for helping me clarify the dream!

Daisy, and again... you gave me more revelation, too! My best friend has had obstacles time and time again throughout her college years with making "payments" to pay off her tuition, etc. It's been a huge struggle for her. She has 4 kids and they don't have much money... so, this could be what's going on with her. I hadn't thought of it in that way... that she didn't tell me, cuz she might have lost the baby. That's a good insight! Yanno, she's in the middle of finding out from the University that she's attending if she'll get free tuition because she has been asked by the Chairperson of the department that she's majoring in, if she'd be willing to work for her as a graduate student worker in trade for free tuition, but the stipulation is that she has to go to school full time and work full time in order to receive tuition free exemption. She is concerned about not being able to provide quality "time" for her family of 4 and for her husband. So, maybe that's the "small blood" that it represents? Could very well be!

Thank you guys for your input, it has really opened up another viewpoint I hadn't thought of!

God bless!

-Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:15 pm

Anytime sunny!! Blessings to you!! :hooray:

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:46 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top