Wedding scene

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wedding scene

Post by sunshinelove on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:42 pm

I was helping a friend decorate for a wedding. I went home to my stepparents house to grab the meat platter because she forgot it. When I got home I went into my room looking through all the shoes and I had a hard time deciding which shoe to put on. I was trying to rush before my stepdad got home. I put on a pair & I grabbed an extra pair. I went outside and my fiance was sitting outside. A man pulled up in a car & handed my breakfast. My fiance gave the guy $15 for the food. My stepdad pulled up & he tried to stop me from going back to help with the wedding.

At the end of the dream I realized it was my wedding. I remember a scene where I was in my wedding dress & someone was putting on my makeup. The woman asked me to take off my wedding dress so she wouldn't get makeup on it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wedding scene

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi, Sunshinelove -

I know you posted this dream a little while ago, so I'm not sure if you're past this event or not. Also, I'm really only expressing some thoughts on this, so it may not be correct.

A wedding is an event that marks a great commitment. In this dream, you were involved in the process of setting this up with the perspective that your work was for someone else. By the end of the dream, there was a realization your effort had been for yourself. I don't know if there's an area of your life where you feel you're spending your resources for someone else's benefit, but the message from the dream might be that it's actually you who this is about.

Now, during the process, you made a move to take care of a matter related to the event (the meat platter). Nothing signficant, but a need to be filled nonetheless. During this phase, you seemed to be hit with indecision - which shoes to put on. This could be a reflection of a particular role to play during all this. Wearing one pair of shoes but taking along an extra, to me, is like making a decision but having a backup plan. It's also worth noting that you were under a time constraint (finishing before your stepdad got home).

The part with the breakfast - I'm not sure about this, but it could be your own personal needs (the food) being taken care of during this period. Right before the point in the dream where you realized that this event was for you, there was a moment of confrontation to try to keep you from resuming the work. Since, in the end, you were back within the wedding atmosphere, it's assumed that you were not prevented from getting back to where you needed to be.

The last line about taking off the wedding dress due to putting on the makeup - I have to ask how you felt about this. Did this seem like a good idea, or should you have kept it this was one last attempt to prevent you from partaking in this event?

These really are just my thoughts. I saw that the dream hadn't been touched and that it had been a while, so I thought I'd take a look at it. If it doesn't fit your life, then please disregard.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top