Symbolism of Birds...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Symbolism of Birds...

Post by Grey Butterfly on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:45 pm

Lately I have been dreaming a lot about birds... taking care of them, finding them stranded and rescuing them which ends with me caring for them... even protecting or defending them. The last two or three dreams had little baby birds, (one about baby pelicans, then one about a baby kookaburra) they are all fluffy, beautiful, helpless.

I'm not really a bird person, although I would pick up a bird and care for it if it was injured or a baby stranded... I am intrigued as to why birds? Perhaps it doesn't matter, perhaps it is just like a baby... something that requires care... any thoughts?

Ta, Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Symbolism of Birds...

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:06 am

Hi, Diane! :)

I'm thinking that the birds represent people and your ministry to their needs. I agree with your thoughts about them being like a baby, and requiring care.

I don't have anything to say about it, but I find it interesting that you mentioned local birds. Where I live, I've never even seen a kookaburra...though I remembered that we used to sing some song about it in elementary school! Just felt like sharing that! :)

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:54 pm

:o)

Thanks for sharing Mark - LOL

I know the song... we have a different local version of it... "Kookaburra sits on the electric wire, jumping up and down with his pants on fire... dance Kookaburra dance... "

There was a Kookaburra on my back fence as I was writing that post yesterday... they are beautiful, I'd never have one as a pet or anything, but they are gorgeous.

Thanks for your affirmation of my understanding of the birds... I don't know why this is being illustrated for me with birds...

I did have a dream a while back (I posted it here...I will see if I can find a link) Hmmm... can't find it, maybe I am remembering posting it to my blog. In it I was an adult bird (didn't figure that out till after) and I was looking at smaller birds...not fully formed birds. Perhaps this is all about spiritual children...

That dream was about kingfishers too - again a local bird.

wow, thanks for making me think Mark! :)

Blessings, Di.

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:52 pm

Found the dream... it was prior to my joining this site...

It began in a christian campsite, I was unclean (this part was gross) then I showered and went walking away from the camp. I passed a huge gum tree with a Kookaburra in it, it swooped down to the creek bed (to catch something I am presuming) There is a gap here, and the dream picks up when I am walking back from wherever I have been. I am following an old man. He disappears and then:

I am walking in a stream, it is shallow, clean, clear, cool. it is ankle deep in places and wet sand exposed in others... soft, very wet sand, the kind that is so fine it is almost mud, but it is definitely white/cream coloured sand.

As I walk I see small things growing out of the sand, they are baby kingfishers. They look like miniature carvings of a kingfisher in flight viewed from above (cos I was standing above them) and they are green and fresh, growing plants... succulents, translucent green, bursting with moisture...

I knew that I could break one off, but I knew also that they were alive and not grown fully.

As I walked I saw more of them, some bigger than others... one was a set of three growing conjoined... all facing the same direction and joined along their wings...

At one point as I walked, I bent down and dipped myself into the stream, I only dipped my chest. I don't know why :o) (I don't even know if that is possible!!! now that I think of it... ) I did it though in the dream and I know it was cool, and beautiful water. [I realise now, that I am a bird in the dream... I didn't feel like one at the time, but I recognise the dipping and drinking action... the water was effervescent, like lemonade but not sweet or sticky]

I walked further and saw a group of three kingfishers - like the first one - only larger, and these ones were alive in a different way, they were walking around and squawking and trying to flap etc. They still looked like succulents, not feathery like birds, they were bird shaped and alive, but not yet birds. And, they were stuck together.

I thought "oh poor things" and went towards them with the intention of catching them. They got a fright, and were off, running and bouncing and flapping... and in the commotion, one of the birds broke off the group... it's wing was left stuck to the other two and it was chasing after them, trying to keep up. I knew it would never fly now. The other two were still stuck together, but they also had the wing of the third bird stuck on them and I felt sure that they would be a crippled group of "runners" together.

It would require help (help that was not going to be available) to remove the bit of broken wing from the pair, but I was aware too that separation was normal for them, left alone, at the right time - they would have just separated... my appearance there had interrupted that.

Anyway, that is the dream I was remembering when I wrote my last post... and that is what makes me think that these (current) dreams are about spiritual children... in every dream I have found the baby bird... it is in need of care. Perhaps this means these are not "my spiritual children" but that I find them, lacking in nurture and care and "adopt them"

Why birds????? why not puppies or kittens... (perhaps God used birds cos' he knew I would not take it literally and go taking in birds - LOL)

Anyway, thanks Mark :o)

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:16 am

Grey Butterfly wrote:Why birds????? why not puppies or kittens... (perhaps God used birds cos' he knew I would not take it literally and go taking in birds - LOL)

You know, Diane...I don't think your thought here is that far from the truth! God knows the perfect symbol to use in order to get the right response from us...even if the response is "wondering." It does cause us to seek Him about it, after all.

By the way, I laughed out loud at your local version of my childhood song. :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:35 pm

lol! Yep, it's the playground version :o)

Thanks for your help :o)

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deepcriesout on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Just a thought - Baby birds (in the wild or perhaps wilderness) are nurtured to the point where they can fly away and be free - when they have been taught those skills they need to survive. Puppies & kittens are raised to be taken care of - to rely on people for their food, shelter, and physical care - never released into the wild. I wonder if this is significant in terms of your caring for the babies, knowing that you will be releasing them when they can cope on their own. Perhaps like discipleship?

deepcriesout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:36 pm

:o) Yep, there was definitely that aspect in the dreams, I was caring for them to release them.

Thanks deepcriesout :o)

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:51 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top