Moving out~SMOKING CIGARETTES AGAIN

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moving out~SMOKING CIGARETTES AGAIN

Post by Daisy on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:25 am

I had a dream that someone who had older kids was moving out of the house across from my childhood home. She had two other female roommates. I was moving in to this house in her place. I remember standing outside in the street in front of this house (which as a child was my bus stop). Me and the girls were smoking. I kept bumming cigarettes from them. (IRL I stopped smoking more than 10 years ago) They didn't seem to mind, but I was thinking to myself that I would replace these by buying them some more. These were the GOOD kind of cigarettes, meaning name brand, more expensive. I thought there was no way I could replace these with no brand cigs (basics), I would have to spend the extra money on buying the named brand ones to give back to them. (irl I used to smoke TONS, towards the end I was buying off brand ones bc they were more affordable). In the dream, I remember thinking that it wouldn't be hard to quit smoking again...in the dream I had smoked in the past and went right back to quitting. IRL though, if I were to have one, it would take a miracle to get me to be able to quit again.

Any thoughts??

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving out~SMOKING CIGARETTES AGAIN

Post by Dove-Solutions on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:41 am

Daisy,

How were you feeling in the dream??

love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:36 am

No real feelings seemed to stand out to me. scratching chin

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:22 am

The biggest thing that stood out to me was that I was engaging in something that would be really hard for me in my waking life to simply give up again! In the dream I specifically remembered thinking that it would be simple to quit again~that I had quit before. Some people in real life can do just that, just stop smoking again whenever they want. For me, I have only been able to quit once~with the assistance of ONLY the Holy Spirit. I know for a fact, if I were to go back to this in my waking life, it would almost be impossible to quit again. The amount of cigs I smoked in the dream make me think that I was already back to being hooked.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:26 am

Another thing I was also thinking, is that I have also had another dream where people were loaning me something that belonged to them, they didnt seem to mind, but I had a hard time with the thought of not returning what was given to me. It was a MUST that I give back what was given to me.

Cigarettes though to me seem like a negative (addictive) thing. It was something that used to have a stronghold over me. My other dream was about Biscotti's. I was munching away on them, and then felt embarrassed that they didn't belong to me. The others didn't care, they were happy to share. I was insistent upon purchasing them more, to replace all that I chowed down! lol!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:35 pm

Hmmmmm. I really not sure on this one Daisy......just a thought...this could be the Lord showing you that you may be tempted regarding something addictive. I will pray about it some more and see what the Lord shows me.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:21 pm

Thanks Connie. Another thought came to me as well that this could be for someone I know...perhaps my brother who has a problem with addiction, and is living in a half way house (or a 3/4 home) right now.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JoJo on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:09 am

Hi Daisy.

I agree with Connie. I think someone is going to tempt you with something addictive. Just a thought my dear, not an interpretation.

JoJo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:19 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top