House church

View previous topic View next topic Go down

House church

Post by tbsmilesbig on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:43 pm

Hi All!

I've had two dreams recently about churches, but both churches were actually homes - IRL these churches meet in buildings. In both dreams I was visiting a friend's church. I have never been to my first friend's church IRL (side note - we were all sitting on the floor in this dream at one point), but I have been to the second church in IRL.

Any thoughts? Thanks and blessings!

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: House church

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:18 am

My first thought would have been a home-based church, but since you stated that the churches actually meet in buildings, it could be symbolic for the relationships that those who attend have with each other - more like a family vs. an institution.

Just a thought,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:35 am

Thanks for your comment, Mark. It's funny to me that I had two dreams about separate friends and their churches being in houses. More symbols to discover, apparently! laugh

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:07 pm

Just a thought, but have you yourself been searching at all to find a home church?? I personally believe that God CALLS us to a specific home church, the place to place down our roots to grow and flourish, building relationships just like a second family. Sometimes as we grow, God transplants us to a new home along on our journey. I'm not by any means saying for you to switch churches. I'm just wondering if you are either searching for your HOME church or if maybe you need to put your roots in deeper where you happen to be at (meaning, digging in and making the effort to develop more intimate relationships there). Please pray on what I have said, and know these are just thoughts. If this doesn't confirm anything within you, please toss aside.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:46 pm

Daisy, that is right on target! I am in the process of moving in less than two weeks and have not found a "home" church yet in that city. There is a church I have visited twice, but I am not sure if I will settle there. Both of my friends that were in the dreams have found churches that are like second families to them. Thanks so much for your input!! wave

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:36 pm

:praiseg-d: Anytime tbsmilesbig!

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:48 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top