Many Scenes Last Night

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Many Scenes Last Night

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:00 am

Last night was not a good night for sleep, as I had dream after dream and kept waking up. :( This is long, so I apologize...

The first scene took place in high school. It was the end of the school day, and I recall that I stopped to find a restroom on my way out to the student parking lot. I don't remember actually using it, but I do know that I found one.

Next, I went to leave the building, but I knew that I had to wait for the perfect opportunity. Reason being, a boss that I had last year was looking for someone to work late by driving a bus for a few hours. I was not interested in doing this in the least, so as long as he never got the chance to tell me to do it, I would be free from the obligation. I waited inside the school (he was outside near the buses), and when he was speaking with some others, I hurried out to my car.

This was the very car that I had in high school, and waiting at my car were my sister and a female cousin. In real life, this was how the day would end - I'd usually wait for them, and give both of them rides home. Thing is, my sister was in the driver's seat, and my cousin was sitting in the front passenger seat. This wasn't going to fly, and I told them so. Well, they went to make a change, but all they did was switch seats between themselves...so, I still wasn't driving. With my cousin behind the wheel, I just gave up since I was in a hurry to get going, and ended up sitting in the front passenger seat (my sister must have moved to the back when my cousin took the driver's seat). With that, we were on our way home.

Next scene - we're driving home, and we come to a group of similar-aged kids as ourselves playing out in the rain, and also in the street. My cousin slowed the car down to a crawl since they were in front of us, but they went about their playing without getting out of the way. She eventually pushed against a couple of the kids with the car, which really made them upset. At this point, I felt it would be better if we walked the rest of the way home. With that, we're on the sidewalk, and there's a single section of wood fence spanning the width of the sidewalk. I had a quick thought that it was odd to have it here, but I walked around it and we all met up with my mom.

Next scene - I realized that my mom was available to meet us because she was off of work that day. Upon reaching home, I found that she and my aunts and uncles - a good deal of extended family on her side - had been having water fights while we were gone, and they were taking a break from the most recent. Yes, as in squirt guns and water balloons. My great uncle was there, and in the dream I was careful in how I interacted with him - in real life, he has alzheimer's, and I knew that in the dream. He was still his witty, joking self (which he still is in real life), but I was careful to not require anything of him, like telling me names or places since that would remind him of his disease and ruin the good time that they were having.

In the next scene, most of the family is gone except my mother and her sister. They were making a huge breakfast, and I was anxiously awaiting it to be ready.

I woke up before the final scene, as I did between a lot of the others. Once asleep, again, I was back to this scene...except that everyone else had already ate most of the breakfast. I was a little bummed out by that, but I went to the fridge to find what was left over for myself. There was also something going on later that day, like a rummage sale or something else, I'm not quite sure.

Sorry for the book. I felt that I better get it all typed out or I'd forget it. Also, when it comes to my own dreams, it's hard for me to step away from them at times to see what they mean, so I do appreciate any thoughts from others.

Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Many Scenes Last Night

Post by Daisy on Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:31 pm

Hi Mark...just a couple questions for you. The scene with the food...is there anything in your waking life that you feel or seems like you are missing out on...something you might have really been eager to enjoy?? On the sidewalk, when you see the wooden fence...Im trying to picture it. Was it blocking the sidewalk you were trying to walk on, and you walked around it?? It seemed that you sensed it was weird but didn't pay much attention to it. Fences remind me of boundaries. With the people who were standing in the street and not moving out of the way..this also makes me think of boundaries. They totally should have moved, but they wouldn't. You guys accommadated, being flexible. Then the scene where you were hoping not to be obligated to do something for your boss. Is there anything you are feeling obligated to do that you are trying to avoid, or not get sucked into?? The part about the High School makes me think simply of learning. Is God showing you anything with others taking advantage of your boundaries lateley?? I wanted to add though, that I LOVED the part about your family having fun with the water balloons, and squirt guns!! I also thought it was super sweet of you, in how thoughtful you are with your grandpa and his condition. This scene to me shows that you are sensitive to the needs and boundaries of others...caring about how your actions effect those around you. I could be totally off on any of this, so please toss it if its not a fit. These are totally just my thoughts on the dream.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:42 pm

You're not off, Daisy. :) There are a few things that I feel I'm missing out on...well, at times, anyway. As a single fella, one is marriage - especially when your friends have pretty much all married. I just had a birthday, which means I automatically shift into life-evaluation mode, which isn't always healthy. Another thing is career-related, especially when my siblings all seem to have that area of their lives nailed down, while I feel like I don't know what direction to go or what steps to take. So, that answers that! :)

The fence: It was just long enough to reach from one side of the pavement to the other, the width of the pavement. I just had a thought as I was typing this out, that it's a barrier, but it's really not that big of a deal. I mean, I just walked around the thing. I'm inclined to think that it relates to news I got this week from my cousin about going back to the old job: It's going to take a hair longer than we both originally thought, but it's not a big deal. Since I'm pretty simple, this is about the only concern I have going on at the moment, so the fence is probably that. The hassle I got from the kids in the street...that, too, is probably manifested from some garbage I had to deal with at work this week. Nothing major, but it was just stuff that reinforced my decision to go back to my old job.

The obligation to an old boss: Yes, there's a struggle there, too. In going back to my old job, the plant manager really wants to see me go back to school (he's a bit higher than the boss in the dream, though). The company reimburses a big percentage of the cost, but it's deciding what to go for that just leaves me uncertain. Plus, it's been like 12 years since I was in college...I'm not feeling as intelligent as I was in my youth. :P

I just had another thought since you mentioned being sensitive to the boundaries of others - the cousin that I'm going back to work for? He has something sorta like Parkinson's. It would be great to work directly for him, but I'd have to be sensitive to his condition while interacting with him - these experimental meds sometimes make him hurt, or...he gets forgetful! Oh, that relates to the Alzheimer's symbol! Sorry, but it's sort of falling in place as I'm writing this.

My last thought is going to be about the sister vs. cousin in the driver's seat. I'm seeing more and more with my dreams that the family members usually represent a different one...and, I'm thinking that my sister is symbolic for the brother that I'll be working with, again...and that my female cousin is my male cousin, who will be my boss. Getting my sister out of the driver's seat is not letting him control my circumstances at work (he really won't once I return due to a change in his position), but I'll be reporting directly to my cousin. So...yeah! That's about it, don't you think?

Thanks for listening to my rambling.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:17 am

Wow!!! Thats awesome Mark, and all of those things totally fit that you explain. I did think of the fence as a possible blockage...but then I thought about a boundary and kinda got stuck on that. lol! That makes sense as a barrier, but not as a big deal just a minor hurdle. Just a little encouragement on your college comment. It may seem to you that you don't feel as intelligent as your younger years, but I wouldn't let that slow you down. If anything, you may surprise yourself if you do decide to go back to college, seeing the many ways you have most likely matured...even down to your time management. You are probably a completely different person than you were back then, and all for the better I'm sure. :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:24 am

Daisy wrote:You are probably a completely different person than you were back then, and all for the better I'm sure.

That really depends on who you ask. :)
Kidding!!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:02 pm

lol!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:15 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top