The Bowling Alley

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bowling Alley

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:06 am

I asked God for a dream last night, and oddly enough I got one...but, I'm not entire sure how to apply it:

In the dream, I was walking in this parking lot with a few people. They seemed to be friends of mine, or family. I think my sister was a part of the group, and I want to say that a strong Christian friend of mine was there, though I'm not 100% certain. At the back of this lot was something like a strip mall, though there really wasn't any active businesses in it. On the right-hand end was this store, like maybe a clothing store or something, but it wasn't in business. I took the group to the opposite end, the left-hand side of the strip mall, where there was a large building. It was an old bowling alley, and now it was mine. We went inside, and there were all these lanes. There were places to sit behind them, like you'd expect, and then three areas behind them where someone would serve food or drinks to those who were bowling. I remember being a bit excited about the whole process, so we started the place up. Next, there were people at every lane, bowling and having a good time. I noted that we weren't playing music, but that seemed to be ok with me, since I didn't really want that as it would open up the opportunity for "worldly" music to be played. I was also bowling along with the others. When it was my turn, my dad showed up (oh no) to show everyone what he knew and how good he was (he is a good bowler in real life - was a coach and worked at a bowling alley in his youth), and he did something to mess up my turn. I ended up just dealing with it and took the 2nd half of my turn like you normally would in bowling.

Well, I woke up after this, and then fell asleep. I woke up AGAIN, and was thinking about this dream...and I went back to sleep. Now, here's more:

I'm back outside in the same parking lot, and everyone was with from the first dream. In this dream, I was telling them all about the dream that I just had up above! Except, there was no strip mall at the back of the lot. I was saying how everything had been in the dream, and as I walked from the end that had the clothing store down to where the bowling alley should be, a guy from my current job walks up and sets this bench-swing on the ground. I asked him if it was for me, and I didn't get a "no" from him, so I went to sit down along with maybe two others. End of dream!

For the record, I bowled for many years as a child up through high school, but it's not something I really do anymore with any regularity - maybe once every couple years, if that.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bowling Alley

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:19 pm

Hi Mark, I just had some thoughts but feel free to ignore them if they don't fit! Could the bowling alley represent a church? - as you are leading a group of people towards a place of community, purity and where people can be fed. Are you involved with ministry?

The last dream makes me think that God will reveal certain things regarding your future before they have appeared in the physical Ė despite the fact that you can't see it youíll know the 'location' or setting of where He wants you. The swinging chair - where the bowling alley should be- makes me think that once you know all this, all you'll have to do is take a seat and watch it come to pass in God's timing, but you may feel differently, did sitting down feel right? God bless.

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Interesting thoughts, Lionheartedgirl. Thank you! To answer your question, I'm not presently in ministry with any church. In fact, I've been in the "wilderness" for probably the past 5 years or so. I'm connected to a very small number of Christians in the same circumstances, though. When I was a part of a church, I was in ministry - both in church leadership and as a worship leader. For now, this site is actually my outlet to minister to others. So, as it relates to the dream, it would have to be for a time in the future...or so I would think.

I've often said, though, that wherever you are at this moment - THAT is your ministry. Ours is much greater than can be confined to a building or a time-slot.

I really like what you said about the 2nd dream. Totally makes sense that the first dream is really like the future, while the second is more like the present - but having known what is to come. Love it. Also, about just taking a seat and waiting for it to come to pass in God's timing...that is exactly how I'd like things to be. I'm not the sort to go chasing after things and then hope that they're God's will. I'd much rather have God's will happen to me, if that makes sense. Like more passive vs. active. Oh, and to answer your last question - I don't think I had any feelings about sitting down. If I did, they weren't negative.

I'm in agreement with what you've shared. Thanks for speaking up!
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:01 pm

Ah I like your comments on ministry! Yes I can see that all you moderators/coordinators take this ministry very seriously (as you would hope) and it makes it such an amazing blessing.

Itíll be interesting to see what manifests from your dream! God bless.

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:56 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top