painting of white house and water

View previous topic View next topic Go down

painting of white house and water

Post by L4JC on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:22 am

Hi Ya'll,

I had this dream last night that really puzzles me. Any insights or thoughts would be appreciated.

In the dream, I saw white paint being painted onto a house (it didn't look like it needed paint)... no one was painting it, but I actually saw the painting being done like the paintbrush being brushed onto the house, but no one was holding the paintbrush). And afterwards, I saw water being splashed from a bucket thrown onto the house. Again, I didn't see anyone doing the painting nor the throwing of the water... it was all invisible ... as if I saw the action being done, but no actual person doing the painting or splashing the water on the house.

It's the strangest thing I've ever dreamed, and it has me very curious what this truly means.

Pls. share if you feel led to do so...

Thanks,

-Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: painting of white house and water

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:33 am

Hi, Sunny -

Any feelings about what you saw? Positive feelings could be about some sort of renewing, purifying, etc... Negative feelings could be about covering something up or cleaning up the external stuff, while hiding something underneath.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:49 am

Hi, Mark!

To answer your question, I've been having lots of prayer time with the Lord about "following" Him and not just being an admirer like a fan would with someone famous. The Lord really pressed in my heart that being a "follower" is much more than just saying, "I love you" and "worshipping" Him... it's about what I do in "action" with others. I admit there are times I don't want to hang out with some of my family members for personal reasons, but I can sense the Lord really pressing me that I need to be around them - so they can see His love shining through me. And I've always found excuses not to see them whenever I drive by their house, etc. I'm struggling with that part of me that I don't like about myself. I feel selfish that I don't want to spend time with them. (their lives are a bit chaotic, and I feel at times - does it really "matter" if I'm there visiting?... How much will change with my presence there, etc.?) I see myself judging and postponing what the Lord wants of me. I just need to break out of this and just do His will! ... And honestly, I don't know why I am "fighting" against it? (probably cuz I know they talk about me to everyone else in the family... and it's not always nice... they say I'm too "holy this or too that" which is the main reason why I've not hung out with them in the last few months)

And I know I'm not showing "love" to the Lord when I disobey Him.

So, maybe this has something to do with the dream? But strange that there was "no actual" person painting nor throwing the water ...

So, maybe it's time to repent! LOL

-Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:50 am

PS - my first thought when I had the dream was that it was about cleansing and starting over...

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:30 pm

L4JC wrote:To answer your question But strange that there was "no actual" person painting nor throwing the water ...

When I first read the dream, the lack of someone visible made me think it was a God thing. Just needed to know if you felt something contrary, but it seems not!

By the way...just my own personal experience: I was much the same way with my family as you seem to be with yours. I knew how they felt about my non-worldliness, and I eventually went through a period where I was a bit distant...not coming around often. Well, I actually saw a negative change by not being there, and I've since made it a weekly habit to meet with just about all of my siblings and my parents...and things are either stabilized or improving over time. So, being a light does stop the advance of the darkness...

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:45 am

Thank you Mark for sharing your experience and advice. I agree with you, my presence will help stop the advance of the darkness... sometimes, their antics, etc. tend to bring me down a bit. I take it so personally, and I shouldn't. I just need to focus on promoting God's Kingdom instead of worrying what they're saying about me. (Doing God's work is uncomfortable at times, unfortunately! But I have to remind myself that in the end, the reward of seeing others "growing" towards Jesus is an awesome thing to watch!)

I kept hearing last night when I was talking with Jesus... "it's all or nothing". Now, I understand the reaction of one of the characters in the Bible who asked what he must do to enter the Kingdom of God. Jesus replied, "sell everything and follow me...". I had to ask myself, "Could I really sell everything and go follow Him, if He asked me to?" I've said to myself so many times in the past, "I can follow Him"... I love Him. But loving and "doing" are two different things. Doing it proves I love Him. Saying it is just a "feeling" of expression, and has nothing to stand on without the "action" behind it. So, in this process of the Lord's work in me is like "peeling the onion" of truth in me to bring me to where He truly wants me to be, totally "real" and "committed".

As for the invisible person... my first thought was, it was God. (at least that's what I was hoping for) That He's allowing the Holy Spirit to get a hold of me spiritually for a teaching/purification purpose, so that I can learn to become more "submissive" to doing His will.

Well, this turned out to be long-winded than I had planned. But somehow I feel the Lord wanted this to be said and shared.

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:05 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top