A Friend Working In North Dakota

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Friend Working In North Dakota

Post by GreatFulServant on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:00 pm

We have some friends who have moved to North Dakota USA for work. I made a comment to my wife, not really serious, maybe we should move there.

Then dreamed that a Christian brother named Dean who had moved there was dressed in a blue suit. He said they were not getting in as many hours and were working just 54 hours a week, but it was still OK. He asked me to watch a foot ball game with him and I declined, (IRL I have found sports a hindrance to my Christian walk so I do not engage in them). He then offered to buy me a cup of Starbucks coffee, and I accepted.

Any thoughts appreciated...Thanks

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Friend Working In North Dakota

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:23 am

Hello, Greatful -

I'm assuming that the man in the dream really did move to ND in real life?

You also said that your comment to your wife was not really serious. If she had given you a favorable response, would you have considered it?

This dream is quite interesting to me, because I had a Christian friend in real life who actually went through with something similar. He was contacted by a Christian friend of his own who had moved out west due to a job opportunity and suggested that he do the same. My friend is married and his wife was in school at the time, so he really didn't give it serious thought at first. My friend and I eventually parted ways due to job changes, but he contacted me later to tell me that he was actually going to take his friend up on the offer. I ended up where he went out west by himself, would work for two weeks straight, and then come home for a few days. At first, it seemed like a really great opportunity due to the pay, but it did seem to put a strain on his marriage, so eventually he gave it up.

When I look at the dream, I only see that your friend is in decent shape, but that his expectations aren't being met. I think the next two offers from him may be an invitation to pray for his circumstances. You decided against the football game, which (to me) is a greater commitment than a simple cup of coffee. This could be an indicator of what level of attention to give in prayer.

These are just my own thoughts (and experiences).
Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatFulServant on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:06 am

I appreciate the response whiteshadow. I talked to my friend about a week ago and things were going pretty well with him. He is working 70 hours a week by choice, not too much, not too little. He has been with them a year now and made 3 times as much as the previous year. He is looking at another opportunity, I am assuming more dollars per hour is his motivation.

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:03 pm

I totally agree with Mark, thinking this is a call to pray for him. Seems to me in the dream that this job is 'ok' to him, but not everything he had hoped for. Has he invited you to come and visit him by chance?? Just an additional thought. Please pray, and toss whatever doesn't fit. Bless You

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top