Is this dream from God?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this dream from God?

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Hi friends, this dream has left me a little confused.. Could this dream just be my own fears playing out?

My dream last night was about a friend - actually no longer a friend (long story short, she's not a Christian or a true friend. It has recently ended very badly after years of friendship - we have mutual Christian friends.)
In the dream, I was walking with her, then all these Christian friends were blaming me for the situation of our friendship ending. I had two friends specifically have a negative conversation with me. IRL I am worried that these friends will take her side.

Today IRL I received a nasty email from her.

Does this contact with her today confirm this dream is from God?

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this dream from God?

Post by Jasmine on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:16 pm

It could go either way. I'm leaning on that maybe it's from God since the girl contacted you. Did you do anything that may have been objectionable to your Christian friends?

Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:33 pm

No I don't believe so - I feel I made the right decision and I made sure to get advice from older Christians. She is a toxic friend and of that I am sure.
We're all friends from school originally and that complicates things. There's this hidden undercurrent of gossip in the group and I don't want to engage in it. So if they only hear her side, of course they would think I'm a horrible person. I know God is my defender and if the rest of this dream manifests then maybe it is for the best. I'll be praying, thanks.

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatFulServant on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:59 pm

It seems that with timing of the dream, then the unfriendly email from that person, the Lord may be giving you a heads up on what is, or is going to happen behind the scene. My thought is that as you give this situation to the Lord He will give you opportunity to explain your side where necessary. If I was in your situation, I would have to restrain myself from going to others and bringing up the subject with them. If I were to this it would look like that I am the one causing division and strife. I hope that makes sense.

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:14 pm

Yes that desire to defend yourself is very tempting..!

Thanks for your comments :)

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by steadygaze on Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:22 pm

Just remember Beloved one that the Lord is your defender and He will be faithful to redeem the situation.

I send you hugs sweetie in this time. huggins

steadygaze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:36 pm

Amen! Thankyou Steadygaze huggins

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macleod on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:54 am

I'm in a slightly similar situation in that I've gently pulled away from a sister because of the awkwardness of our friendship. We both started going to church together, but our walks have been different. Mine has been through strife and trouble, the result being that I pressed into Jesus with everything I have. I've found though that it's become difficult to speak with her, it's like pulling teeth, it feels as though I've done something wrong and I also feel that she's talking behind my back to others who now keep their distance. But that's okay because I still hug her, ask about how things are with her, make a point of smiling through the crowd and giving a wave. She unfortunately doesn't do the same but I've learnt to just keep blessing her in which ever way I can and lifting her up to Jesus.

Just keep loving your friend. Don't get drawn into the same behaviour as the others because it's not you and will only make you feel worse. Keep your spirit of unity, your spirit of love and and your spirit peace. Ask Jesus to fill you up with love to overflowing and to soak you in the Holy Spirit. Those moments you feel the situation is getting to you, hand it over to Jesus, turn your worship music up and loose yourself in the love of our heavenly father who knows all.

Love and Blessings to you.

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:35 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top