Intercessory prayer - due to a dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Intercessory prayer - due to a dream

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi all,

So when you have dream that you know is a call to pray for a particular person, do you think it's important to get into contact with that person? Do you tell them that you have had this dream? Or is it different for every situation?

I guess I'm just wondering if I should be getting into contact with a girl I dreamed of. It seemed she was being attacked, but I don't want to worry her..

Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks.

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Intercessory prayer - due to a dream

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:07 pm

Hey, Lionheartedgirl -

I know that others have asked this question before as well, and the general concensus was that, unless you feel the Holy Spirit directing you to contact that person or tell someone your dream...don't. One of the reasons why is what you already mentioned: worry. If you know that you should pray, then do that. If you're in contact with this person fairly frequently, you can always ask them how they are or if they're doing ok, just for your own confirmation - and you can do it in a way where you don't tell them that God has shown you a threat against them. If you're not really connected to them, but are able to make contact, you can just drop a line saying that you've been thinking of them...something like that...and see if they reveal anything. For a lot of people, though, it doesn't help to tell them what you dreamed if you don't feel the Holy Spirit telling you to share.

After you do your part of praying, though, you may find out later on what the results of your prayers were, if they bring it up. Maybe, that is. :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:44 pm

That helps alot, thankyou!

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:44 am

Sponsored content