Standing Up to the Teacher

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Standing Up to the Teacher

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:40 am

Good Morning, All -

After a bit of a dry spell, here's last night's dream:

I'm walking through the halls of my high school, and it would seem that I'm a student there. I'm approached by someone who was a friend before high school, and he tells me that there's a situation in the cafeteria. He explains that there is a teacher there who is preventing students from eating by asking them questions and giving them homework, insisting that they work on it now rather than use their lunch time for eating. This made me furious, that this woman would interfere with time that's scheduled to allow everyone to eat. So, I rushed off to the cafeteria.

Once there, I saw that the room was filled with fellow students, and it was rather quiet since this teacher was forcing them to work. I walked over to the table of friends that I sat with in my real-life high school years, and went to sit down. I think one of the chairs by mine was wet? I looked at my friends and expressed to them that I was not going to let this teacher take away my right to eat. I said that this was OUR time, and that she had no right to prevent us from using it to eat.

Next, I saw the teacher, and she had called over 5 or 6 students who were teenage parents - sort of separating them out to harrass them. They had needed some sort of special help because they were parents, and she was going to deny them whatever the help was to be, unless they could prove that they really were in need. For some reason, she said to them that they could prove it by speaking in their native language. This made me more angry in the dream.

*Upon waking, this request didn't make any sense, because the students from the dream would have all spoken in English. In the dream, though, it seemed that they knew a foreign language.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Standing Up to the Teacher

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:41 pm

I'll leave this dream up that I posted earlier today, but I just want to add that I had shared it with a friend of mine, and I'm 99% certain it was for her. Everything within the dream spoke to her, her current situation, and what she feels called to do.

And, since it doesn't line up with my own life, I'm thinking that the purpose was for her to hear it.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:56 am

Mark,

These are just my thoughts when I read the dream and not an interpretation per say. I know you said this did not seem to relate to your own life but this thought just came to mind. I sense in my spirit that you are like me in that when you see an injustice you feel you have to stand up and fight on their behalf. Could there be something going on where you feel you have to be standing up for someone or something?

Think about home, work, and church. Maybe something in your neighborhood or a particular ethnicity? Again just my thoughts and I hope they help for discernment.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:56 am

Mark,

One more thought here. This could be a future event also....something that has not yet happened.

Love in Jesus,

Connie huggins

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:24 am

Thanks, Connie! :)

I hadn't completely ruled out that there may be something that applies to me. I'm usually a pretty passive person, but when someone does something that's just plain wrong, I do have to say or do something if the one being targetted can't stand up for themselves.

I also think that it may be something coming up, as there's not a whole lot going on right now in my life. I have had this feeling like something is going to happen here soon. When it does, I'll be sure to report back! :)

Thanks again,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:57 pm

I know you mentioned that the dream may be meant for someone else.

But when I read your dream, I was thinking about how teachers are the ones that "teach" us things, lessons that need to be "learned" and I wondered if you are experiencing something at work or at church that you're being "taught" that you feel concerned about as if it doesn't seem "fit" your way of learning new things and you may feel a little bit angry over having to learn a 'newer' way of learning something.

Just a thought that came to my mind as I read your post. Just thought I'd share - it may not fit with your life, though; if it doesn't, pls disregard. :)

-Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:54 pm

Thanks for that, Sunny. I have a few thoughts kinda floating around that haven't quite come together, yet. If there's an application for me, I think that Connie's right in that it's in the future.

It's possible that the future may only be a few months away. I'm not going to get into all the details, but I'll share two things. First off, I should mention that the teacher in the dream was one that we had in high school - as in, a real teacher. She taught a foreign language, and was notorious for consuming alcohol when she had breaks between classes. Yes, that's a true statement. It was beyond obvious. Her being used as a symbol in the dream just makes me think all the more.

The 2nd thing that I want to bring up is that I was invited a day or so ago to hear a certain prophetic individual speak over Memorial Weekend. I haven't heard this man speak since 1999, and it was during this city-wide conference thing. I was one of just a handful of individuals who were spoken over by this man before he entered into the teaching segment of the conference. He was quite accurate in what he knew about me (character traits, and how many months I'd been a Christian), though some of what he spoke has yet to come to pass...and I'm not in any place where I can see it happening. I don't think that there's a reason to "stand up to him" like in the dream, but there's no one else, church-wise, from whom I'd receive any teaching at this moment. So...we'll have to see what happens.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:03 pm

Hi, Mark!

Sounds like you got some inkling what this may be about but you're on the verge of "testing" it out to see if it's going to manifest? I can sense somehow you're not all that certain about the prophet that spoke over you, and you want to be sure this prophet is from God, right? (it may not be at all what you're thinking... just what came to my mind as I read your last post).

Well, I'll look forward to hearing what you report "in the future" about this. I'm confident that the Lord will clarify all this for you very soon!

-Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:22 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top