Called To Teach But Where are The Bibles?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Called To Teach But Where are The Bibles?

Post by ispeaktheword on Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:00 pm

Hello Everyone,

Dream:

I was asked to step in to teach a class to kids. It was like a Sunday school class but in a small classroom. I was nervous but anxious to teach. I was sitting at an oval shaped table with the kids and had in front of me what looked like a bible. For some reason I kept getting up and going in and out of the classroom for something. When I came back there were two oval shaped tables instead of one and there were more kids. Some adult lady was sitting in my seat. I thought that was so disrespectful because I"m the teacher. I basically told her to move. I opened the bible only to realize it wasn't a bible. I don't know what it was but the pages had colors.

Now the class is huge and full of kids. There are no tables just seats in like an auditorium setting. I felt pressure to teach something good. I get up to locate a bible. I go out the door and there is an office area where my Pastor is at a desk on the phone. I'm thinking isn't he supposed to be downstairs preaching while I'm teaching Sunday school? I'm looking all around his office area for a bible and could not find one, not one bible! I was wishing I had my iPad with me that had bibles and commentaries on it. I was really annoyed. I look off to the side of the office area and saw a room with a bed and could tell the tv was on because of the glare. It was Pastors getaway chill out room. I'm still thinking aren't you supposed to be downstairs preaching? I heard him tell someone on the phone to make the deposits.

I thought to myself I will just have the kids say their name and something about themselves. This should kill time. Service will be over in a half hour. I never got to teach.

Your thoughts are appreciated

Blessings,
Ispeaktheword

ispeaktheword

View user profile http://www.tytenishaosgood.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Called To Teach But Where are The Bibles?

Post by Daisy on Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:22 pm

Hi Ispeaktheword~Im not sure why, but from the moment of reading your title, I kept thinking that the Old Testament was written upon stones, but now in the New Covenant the word of God is engraved upon our hearts. With that in mind, I have a couple questions. Do you mind in real life if things are sprung upon you? Do you prefer to have things prepared, in place, and ready to go to avoid frustration? (I think of this because if this happened to me in real life I would have liked a little more notice to prepare. Thats just my personality. lol! ) Do you think this could be a gentle reminder to stay prepared for the event of something similar in your waking life (like being ready to witness to someone, or to step into something unexpected) Even though it was sprung upon you in the dream to fill in, do you think that perhaps there could be a gentle reminder to stay filled up with the Word for instances like this? Another thing that stood out in the dream was the emoitions that came from the person who was kind of sitting in your place. Which makes me think of this, is there anything in your waking life that is making you feel similar to this? Is there anything that you are feeling led to do, but maybe just dont feel like you are fully equipt yet? Just some thoughts...not an interp. Please pray on my thoughts and toss out what doesn't fit.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ispeaktheword on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Hi Daisy! Thank you for responding to my dream.

Yes, I like advanced notice on things so that I have time to prepare. I think you may be right Daisy when you talk about being prepared to step into something unexpected. I honestly don't know what the Lord is doing in my life right now. My husband and I are wrestling with being in Leadership at church. We are soo tired of "church stuff". We want to do ministry outside of the 4 walls but not sure in what capacity. My husbands like lets do it! Im scared lol!. Like in the dream, I feel nervous and anxious to do something different but "church" is what I know. Am I ready and prepared to move into something and I'm not even sure what it is Scratch Chin. Thank you very much for your thoughts. You gave me some things to think about.

Blessings,
Ispeaktheword

ispeaktheword

View user profile http://www.tytenishaosgood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:11 pm

:praiseg-d:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:28 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top