The name "Marlene, Marlene, Marlene"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The name "Marlene, Marlene, Marlene"

Post by Macleod on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:15 am

Dream
I ran into an empty open area indoors, frantically looking for something. I was running along an empty passageway, looking everywhere and then I was calling or heard the name being called in my head "Marlene, Marlene, Marlene" 3 times. At that point I arrived back in the open area and found that what I was looking for had been there all the time - it was a little girl standing on a platform. I went over to her and knelt on the steps at the side of the platform. Her hair ( blonde, curly and had a wet look) was in her face like a veil, I moved it to the side and saw she had a fringe. As I did this, I thought of how there was no need for her to have her hair in her face seeing as she has a fringe. I said to her "you are Beautiful, you are Beautiful" and turned her around so she could see herself in the mirror.

---------------

I looked up Marlene -
"MARLENE blend of MARIA and Magdalene. Refers, therefore, to Mary Magdalene, a character in the New Testament means Miria(Mary) Magdalene (Tower)"

scratching chin

Question:
What is the significance of Marlene - a blend of TWO names?

Could this have to do with a word dream I had Sept last year? "Mariah, Mariah, Mariah". The interpretation was revealed on this link below - Exodus 30:22 and my Pastor had Exodus 15 come to mind when I told him. Both were the same interpretation and were such a blessing and a comfort to know that sweeter times were coming.
http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/t14698-mariah-mariah-mariah#80067

Thank you in advance.
God Bless

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The name "Marlene, Marlene, Marlene"

Post by astra on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:31 am

Wow, about a month ago I had a short dream I described here http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/t15898-meaning-of-a-name. I heard a name of a person and it was "Mariah Bush". I too am not sure about spelling of the first name, but that's how it sounded to me. I could not figure out what it meant, but now after I read your dream about name Mariah, I looked up myrrh and it looks like it's produced from a bush or small tree. So the meaning of this is becoming clearer to me now.
Thank you for sharing!
God bless

astra

View user profile http://www.for-god-so-loved.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Macleod on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:50 am

Astra, I'm so pleased you were blessed with the Mariah post and Laura's beautiful word of encouragement.

To add to this interpretation, and hopefully to encourage you further, at that time, my Pastor gave me the following regarding the name Mariah. Read Exodus 15:22-27......

"The people had been in a difficult place and had been in desperate need. They came to a place Marah, where they encountered further disappointment with the bitter waters. God then made superatural provision with a piece of wood, which speaks of the cross, and with the provision and intervenion of God the bitter waters became sweet. As a result of this encouter of God the people are then lead to Elim where they move from a place of dryness and disappointment, to a place of fruitfulness and blessing. That's what you're walking in right now. The power of the Cross has been at work in you to turn your bitter into sweet and your disappointment to fruitfulness! Wonderful!!"

Keep praying into your dream Astra. I've had revelation of my Marlene dream, saying the same thing as the Mariah dream but with something else added. The Mariah dream was Sept 2011, the Marlene dream came 5 months later in Feb 2012 but Dec 2011 God gave me a dream of a fruitful garden next door to the dry garden I was standing in. In the dream I longed to have a garden like that. The messenger in the garden told me that if I came at 5o'clock in the morning, she would show me how to have a garden like hers. (disappointment/dryness to fruitfulness) I wake myself up at 5am everyday and am blessed but by going by past dreams with time in them, I think that the true meaning of 5o'clock in the morning is for May this year.

Then today I found out why the little girl in my Marlene dream had her hair in her face like a veil and what the significance was of me moving it to the side out her face:-
2 Corinthians 3:16-18 NIV
16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
18 And we all, who with unveiled faces reflect the Lordís glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

"18 ....reflect (mirror on the wall) the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image (saying to the little girl - You are beautiful)"

This is what I've been desperately wanting, to be TRANSFORMED! I know this process is continuous but I am so encouraged by this. Thank you Jesus!!!

All the Glory to you my beloved Jesus!!!!

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:53 am

WOW, thank you very much for sharing. I cannot write much right at the moment, just a few words that came to me as soon as I read what your Pastor shared with you from Exodus:
Bitterness, bitter water people had to drink represent the Law. Then Jesus came and died on the Cross (representation of the wood thrown in the water), then the waters became sweet - the GRACE!! Grace is SWEET! Praise God, there is NO bitter taste in it! This is exactly what I am experiencing right now in my spiritual walk. I did not realize how much I was under the oppression of the Law (was trying to achieve Righteousness out of my own efforts, trying to become perfect, but kept failing and failing - this is such a bitter feeling, I can't describe and nothing can take this bitterness out other than what Jesus did on the Cross - the Grace! HIS Righteousness which is so sweet) - Wow this just came to me and I thought I better share it right now, it's so exciting!
God bless!!!

astra

Back to top Go down

Post by Macleod on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:03 pm

That is so wonderful to hear!! :praiseg-d:

I've underlined some of your post below. Do you know what, I think 2 Corinthians 3 is perhaps to encourage you as well.

astra wrote:WOW, thank you very much for sharing. I cannot write much right at the moment, just a few words that came to me as soon as I read what your Pastor shared with you from Exodus:
Bitterness,[b] bitter water people had to drink represent the Law[/b]. Then Jesus came and died on the Cross (representation of the wood thrown in the water), then the waters became sweet - the GRACE!! Grace is SWEET! Praise God, there is NO bitter taste in it! This is exactly what I am experiencing right now in my spiritual walk. I did not realize how much I was under the oppression of the Law (was trying to achieve Righteousness out of my own efforts, trying to become perfect, but kept failing and failing - this is such a bitter feeling, I can't describe and nothing can take this bitterness out other than what Jesus did on the Cross - the Grace! HIS Righteousness which is so sweet) - Wow this just came to me and I thought I better share it right now, it's so exciting!
God bless!!!

2 Corinthians 3:7-18

The Greater Glory of the New Covenant

7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,
8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?
9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!
10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!
12 Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold.
13 We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to prevent the Israelites from seeing the end of what was passing away.
14 But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.
15 Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts.
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
18 And we all, who with unveiled faces reflect the Lordís glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Basically, the veil illustrated the veiling of the peoples minds and understanding. We can't be saved by upholding the law. When we become Christians, we stop trusting in ourselves and we put our faith and trust in Jesus Christ, in His power and in His strength and His righteousness alone. Through the Holy Spirit, we are free. Christ removes the veil giving eternal life and freedom from trying to be saved by keeping laws. When we trust Jesus to save us, he removes our heavy burden of trying to please him and our guilt for failing to do so. GRACE!

I have the same problem, always wanting to be perfect for Jesus. I will never be perfect,well at least not while I'm here. I am always going to make mistakes! Thank goodness He is a God of Grace, a God of Mercy and a God of LOVE!! Our God is an AWESOME God!!

With love in Jesus.

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:23 am

Macleod wrote:
2 Corinthians 3:7-18

The Greater Glory of the New Covenant

7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,
8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?
9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!
10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!
12 Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold.
13 We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to prevent the Israelites from seeing the end of what was passing away.
14 But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.
15 Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts.

Basically, the veil illustrated the veiling of the peoples minds and understanding. We can't be saved by upholding the law. When we become Christians, we stop trusting in ourselves and we put our faith and trust in Jesus Christ, in His power and in His strength and His righteousness alone. Through the Holy Spirit, we are free. Christ removes the veil giving eternal life and freedom from trying to be saved by keeping laws. When we trust Jesus to save us, he removes our heavy burden of trying to please him and our guilt for failing to do so. GRACE!

I have the same problem, always wanting to be perfect for Jesus. I will never be perfect,well at least not while I'm here. I am always going to make mistakes! Thank goodness He is a God of Grace, a God of Mercy and a God of LOVE!! Our God is an AWESOME God!!

With love in Jesus.

Amen!

For some reason it is so easy for us to value ourselves as well as others by what we do. Jesus does not see us that way. What we do and how we do things can be changed.
He values us for US. If we could only see ourselves and other people the same way, so many problems wouldn't even arise to begin with.

astra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:04 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum