A long walk and cousin Jim's birthday

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A long walk and cousin Jim's birthday

Post by rosebush on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:18 pm

This dream has me walking in a town called Rush. It is a town where I spent the summers/vacations of my childhood staying at an aunt's house (from my mother's side of the family). The walk turns out much longer than I intended. I keep finding out I'm heading out in another direction and note it will take a long time for me to get finished.

Then I find myself at my aunt Pat's and uncle Jim's house. My cousin Jim is there -- from my father's side of the family -- so actually unlikely he would be in this house. So both the man of this house in real life and the cousin present have the same name. Jim is kind of a scruffy character but soft hearted. He is serving me up a plate of food, although I knew in the dream I had already eaten, and I just go ahead and eat anyway. He also gives me a piece of chocolate cake with thick choc frosting. It turns out it is his birthday in the dream.

The rest of the dream is a little hazy. I do note that cousin Jim has all sorts of sales equipment laying around (like a salesman). I am seated in the kitchen/dining room as I am eating.

This relative's house was a place of great childhood joy. There was a very unexpected breach with this family as I became an adult that was never really fixed. In the dream I had no recollection of this, only the knowledge of my aunt and uncle's house. I don't know what to make of the dream.

This Jim would be a very unlikely person to be in this house based on his character and I have uneasy feelings about this family still cause it had been so wonderful and went so unexpectedly awry.

Thanks for your help!!
Rose

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A long walk and cousin Jim's birthday

Post by GreatFulServant on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:33 am

rosebush wrote:

This Jim would be a very unlikely person to be in this house based on his character and I
Rose

Can you explain a little bit more about Jim's character. You said he is a little scruffy but soft hearted.

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:44 am

My aunt and uncle had remarkable character, pretty remarkable lives and a really happy marriage. There were just very hospitable, charitable and serving people. So the heart of this home has been a welcome place to many people. The issue that came up for me in real life was with their daughter, no fault of theirs.

Jim came from a rough, rowdy, even vile family. There was really horrid sexual abuse going on behind the scenes I found out later. He lived an out of control life, had multiple girlfriends/wives, multiple children all over the place -- that sort of thing. It is hard to talk about him negatively, he is my cousin. I don't care for him any differently than I do for this family. He came from a very rough background without much parental discipline.

I know my aunt just really had a hard time receiving this family in real life from a circumstance that occurred. My uncle Jim was easy going and wasn't the too good for anybody sort.

And I believe part of the message of the dream is the comparison of my cousin Jim with being in the heart of this kitchen. It just would be a remarkable thing.

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatFulServant on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:52 am

A couple thoughts here.

The birthday party for cousin Jim could by symbolic of the new birth being born again. Him serving you food and you eating it, could be him as a young Christian telling you about his fresh revelation in the Lord, and you already know it, but politely listen to him. You will be blessed by this, and he will even give additional revelation to you, thus the chocolate cake. Eating chocolate cake with frosting is always good in a dream (at least I think so Happy Birthday 2 )
Actually a prophet says that if you smell chocolate it means sweet spirit or pain killer.

His unlikeliness of him being in the company of your aunt and uncle could be Lord showing you how He can do the unlikely or the impossible. Also the aunt and uncle's character could be reflection of what his character is now after coming to the Lord.

The long walk and getting side track. Could be an indication of how you have felt about your prayers being answered for cousin Jim, or a heads up, that this event may still be a ways out but do not get side tracked. There may be another theme to the aunt and uncle and it could be the Lord wanting to restore that situation.

So I encourage you to stay in there and be strong for the Lord and soul of your cousin. Seems like a good dream from the Lord.

Just a person note. I know with several brothers the Lord in dreams has not only laid it on my heart but has commissioned me to pray for their well being. They are in different spots from completely back slidden to being real close to the Lord. But he will show me from time to time they have a need. We all need someone covering us in prayer. For the back slidden one it's been about a year and I have had times of letting down. But the Lord has been kind to me and after the 4th dream reminding me to be strong in His power I have quit getting discouraged. As they say I get it now. thinking A few weeks ago He gave me a fifth dream about the back slidden brother and has showed me we are making progress in his restoration. So God will be kind to you too, and encourage you in what He commissions you to do. This is just my take on it. As always take it to the Lord and see how this fits with what He is saying to you.

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Thank you Grateful!

God OFTEN challenges my judgmentalism and I love it. We are new creations in Christ -- ALL things passed away.

I'm glad I was eating the cake in the dream, even though I had already eaten. Chocolate is a good thing.

This dream may be about a spiritual brother, but a good reminder to pray for cousin Jim as well.

Have a really blessed day!
Rose

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:05 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top