Tooth Missing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tooth Missing

Post by Chi on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:25 am

I think I know what this dream means but would like some confirmation please.

It felt like I had lost my mother and it happened all of a sudden, I cried and cried and cried because it had caught me by surprise. But she suddenly reappeared and I was like phew but then I noticed that she had a tooth missing and was slightly taken back by this but I was relieved that she was back. The same thing happened to my male friend (losing his parents) but they returned but he wasn't as upset as I was but he acknowledged that we had a parallel experience.

Any thoughts?
Chi

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tooth Missing

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:47 am

I think of a potential great loss that does not manifest, but that there is a slight (surprising) change in the would-be loss.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your comments but please could you elaborate?
Chi

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:02 am

Well, if you mean Who or What, I can't be sure. It was your mother in the dream, which could represent someone/thing dear to you, or a mother-figure, or even just someone in authority.

The resolution of the dream is that you don't lose whatever it is that upset you so much to lose in the beginning. When you feel similar (though not as exaggerated) in real life, I trust that the Holy Spirit will bring this dream to mind to comfort you. That, I believe, is the point of the dream.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:20 am

Hi Mark,

Thanks for this insight, I think your right about a potential loss that does not manifest. What is interesting is that like you said emotions are exaggerated but in the dream when my mother reappeared I knew it was her but why was her tooth missing? I believe that;

There might be a 'sudden' change in mine/mothers relationship
Observer; Watching something like this would feel traumatic and I would feel relieved if it wasn't what I expected.
Tooth Missing; Because this was from my mothers mouth I think there will be someone missing from her life...me!
My friend; The same thing happens to him/parallel experience but he isn't that upset as I felt about it.

I feel that my friend and my experience happening in parallel with each other is quite significant as we both encounter a change in our parental relationships but he won't be as upset as I am.

Chi

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:32 pm

TheWhiteShadow wrote:I think of a potential great loss that does not manifest, but that there is a slight (surprising) change in the would-be loss.

Earlier this week I had a disagreement with one of my 'good' friends something that I really wasn't expecting to happen. Now it's left our relationship slightly sour and I was very upset. Do you think that this has anything to do with the above dream or is this 'disagreement' simply coincidence?

Chi bandaid

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:23 am

That could be it. Where are you at as far as lining the event up with the dream? Did this disagreement seem just like the loss in the dream: all of a sudden? Are you currently in the grieving period, or are you past that and your friendship is restored...although slightly different, like your mother's appearance in the dream?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:31 am

Hey Mark,

I'm currently going through the grieving phase, and yes it did happen all of a sudden! Now the fact that we have a parallel experience is this a reflection of our 'difference' in our response to this sudden change/loss? Or if they were symbolic of my mother and something was missing if/when they reappear will they have someone/thing missing from their lives and they are not upset by that loss/change?

scratching chin

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:39 am

If you're currently in the grieving phase of your dream, then it's only a matter of time before your relationship should be restored, although there will be this "blemish" to it - the disagreement. In the end, you'll still be relieved that everything works out.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:00 am

Thanks for this Mark, the fact that my mother represented my friend and they return with a tooth missing would you say that 'this' was the cause of the upset?

Chi?

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:08 am

By "this," you mean your recent fall-out with your friend? If so, yes.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:16 am

Hey Mark, well I thought that because there was a tooth missing this tooth represented something/someone else that is no longer there? Or what is important is the 'feelings' in the dream;

A sudden loss
I am upset
They reappear
Missing tooth? Which is symbolic for what?
The same thing happened to them but they were not as upset as I was?

Whenever I see teeth/tooth missing something no longer present comes to mind...?

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:25 am

To me, I see it as a change to what was before. The way she appeared to you was different, which is the same as your relationship with your friend in real life. You can't look at her the same way as you could before the fall-out. You can always pray for a full restoration of your relationship, that thing would be exactly as they were before...who knows, you might get a follow-up dream where your mom has all her teeth!

I wouldn't get too hung up on one symbol, though. It's the feelings that were important, as you mentioned.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:51 am

Thanks again Mark, It's just that in early October/last year I had a dream with a similar theme and it didn't make sense to me at the time, but without the strong emotions;

I noticed my friend in the distance but I waited for them to come over to me which they did and gave me a hug (another friend was in the background). My friend who hugged me smiled and I noticed that there was a tooth from their top and bottom mouth missing, I was slightly taken back and thought 'do they know that I can see this?' But they seemed okay with me seeing this...

So to have a third dream with absolutely no teeth would send me CRAZY trying to figure this out. I guess I am concerned because we are good friends and I would like to believe there will also be a positive outcome. Initially a friend said that 'Could there be something 'missing' from this friend?' I would assume this to be negative and I guess having 2 dreams and our falling out God saw that this was important for me to know right?

Sorry to waffle!
Chi

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:58 am

I guess I don't know what to add! Only you, the dreamer, are going to know for certain what the dream pertains to. If you've had multiple dreams with the same theme, then it certainly is important. But, I really wouldn't get too hung up on what the tooth means, but what the dream says as a whole - including how you feel.

If anything, take it as a call to pray for your friend and see where God leads you from there.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:29 am

Hi Mark,

I really appreciate your words of insight on this, I will certainly keep this in my prayers.

Regards
Chi thumbs

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:49 am

TheWhiteShadow wrote: You can always pray for a full restoration of your relationship, that thing would be exactly as they were before...who knows, you might get a follow-up dream where your mom has all her teeth!

I wouldn't get too hung up on one symbol, though. It's the feelings that were important, as you mentioned.

I totally misread this for 'no teeth' missing but obviously you stated having all teeth lol!
laugh

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:58 am

Chi wrote:

There might be a 'sudden' change in mine/mothers relationship
Observer; Watching something like this would feel traumatic and I would feel relieved if it wasn't what I expected.
Tooth Missing; Because this was from my mothers mouth I think there will be someone missing from her life...me!
My friend; The same thing happens to him/parallel experience but he isn't that upset as I felt about it.

I feel that my friend and my experience happening in parallel with each other is quite significant as we both encounter a change in our parental relationships but he won't be as upset as I am.

After reviewing this dream I realized it has fully manifested, my mother was symbolic for my friend who I saw in the last part of the dream. Both I and my friend encountered a change in our relationship but I was more upset about it than he was but it was his loss, hence the tooth missing from my mothers mouth.
Chi

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:25 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top