Job promotion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Job promotion

Post by L4JC on Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:16 pm

In the dream, I was setting up a filing system, organizing the files in a filing cabinet. It was like I just got this new job. Although, there was no actual "files" to file. Just setting up the hanging folders in order. Then, I saw a guy named Robert coming in and out retrieving things from the office. Not sure what Robert was getting out of there. Then, I heard a woman next to me me say, "he's leaving his job soon", and just preparing the move. I said, "Oh okay." Went back to working on putting in the hanging files in the cabinet. Then, the scene changed, and I was in front of this map with the boss and she showed me this map on the wall. On the map was the locations of all the offices within the building. She showed me where my office is currently and said, 'We'll need to move you here soon." The spot she showed me was a bunch of red heart stickers all around it. I was excited, but not sure what was going on. She then stated that she wanted to have me moved there so I wouldn't have to have my Granny walk so far to come visit me. (IRL: She's not with us anymore). Then, I went back to my office, and then I heard over the intercom, my name being called out and heard cheering. I got up to see what that was about... and when I went outside my office, I saw a hall that looked like a maze, followed all the walls of "cards" of congratulations till I saw a group of people all standing giving me a "Surprise! ... You got a promotion"! It wasn't expected and I realized why the boss was moving me into this "new office" spot she showed me on the map. Then, the scene changed and I asked the boss if I needed to prepare my office to be moved to the new spot she wants me, and she says, "Yes... I do not want your Granny to struggle to come see you when she wants to visit, which is why I want you there." I told her thank you. EOD

IRL: Not sure why this was about my Granny who is no longer with us? She's been gone for some time now. I currently do not have a job. I am in school, though.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

-Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Job promotion

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi, Sunny -

These really are just thoughts on the dream. And let me begin by saying that I don't think that the whole dream is supposed to make sense to you at this time. The first part of the dream seems to be about a place of preparation for you. I know that things are just beginning to take off for you where you are spiritually, specifically in praying for the needs of others and stepping out more - at least, as I recall from your other posts! :) I truly believe that God is pleased with your faithfulness in this short period of time, and that there are doors of opportunity opening up for you in these areas. And, I do think that this theme of promotion relates to openings in the spiritual realm - what I mean by that relates to the Robert person in your dream. Just like in the parable of the talents, the truth is that there are those who are unfaithful with what they've been given, and those needs still need to be taken care of, so God can and does transfer them to those who will rise up and fill them - and, naturally, the blessings that come with them. I'm not even sure that you'll know whose "talents" you're being given - I'm just thinking that you're given a slight peek into what happens in the unseen, that's all. There wasn't much more explanation in the dream, and I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see much more in the natural.

The next portion with the map mirrors a bit of this: The basic message is that there is a place where you are, and a place where God intends you to be...and it is his plan to place you there. His reasoning behind spiritual promotion may not even make total sense to us, just like the reason behind "Granny" in the dream. Incidentally, I have a thought on "Granny" that I'll share at the end. What's really great is all the rejoicing over what God is doing in/through you. It's really something spectacular! I believe that there is equal excitement in the heavenlies in what is planned for you. Once you're there and functioning in this new area, you may also be given the understanding of why it's all happened, just as you realized the purpose in the dream.

Now, as for who/what Granny symbolizes, this is only a thought to consider - and it's really just acknowledging that there's a structure in the spiritual realm that we don't understand, but that doesn't make it any less real: The glimpse is in Daniel 10, and specifically in verses 10 through 14. It speaks about a delay in the spirit in response to Daniels actions, a period of resistance for the angel that was sent in response. No, it's not very clear, but this is what I thought of when it came to making things easier for the one called Granny. And this is definitely a thought. :)

Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi Mark!

It's funny that you mentioned that perhaps I'll be taking on talents that Robert or someone not yet revealed may have had, because he perhaps, didn't fulfill them.. I do not know this "Robert" in real life... but in the dream, when I saw him come into the office getting his stuff. I just knew instantly that I would be moving into "his position". (although, in the dream... it didn't show that)

And I am stepping out more for others as you mentioned below.

IRL: I honestly have to admit this... before I used to dread praying with people, because of their "complaints", etc. I didn't want to hear all the negativity around their "problems"... even friends who shared with me felt like a burden. But in the last few weeks or month or so, I've noticed my attitude towards others have dramatically changed and it wasn't because I chose to... it was really by the grace of God that I've become more compassionate and thoughtful towards their situations and needs. Now, when I hear from others who need prayer and want my attention, I feel inclined to do so without feeling like it's a burden or anything anymore. I actually enjoy being there for them. I feel grateful now that I can participate in God's plan in praying for these people. I'm still working on allowing more of God's love to rein in me, for His purpose. I do want to feel more of His love through me for others. I have to pray daily for His will to be done in my life, and not "my will"... cuz, "my will" wants naturally to be of the flesh. Like in the past, I would look at horoscopes to seek my future. And God specifically told me not to look at that anymore, and I've not looked at it in over a year. Many instances of situations like these that the Lord has taught me not to do anymore and I've stopped doing them. And quitting was easy and not hard to do. I just knew and just stopped. I feel a strong sense the Lord is using promotion in me spiritually because of my obedience to Him just like you shared below. What you shared with me in Daniel 10:10-14 ... I had to go read it, so I could understand what you were saying. It makes sense and in time, I do believe that will be revealed to me (like the other dream I had about the snakes and the right side of my house. It felt so awesome to realize what it truly meant!)

God is so awesome to share His thoughts with us in dreams!

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your insights and prayers! They truly do help me see God's "work" through me, and ultimately I always end up giving Him all the praise He deserves! :)

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:02 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top