On the search for friends in an ancient city

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On the search for friends in an ancient city

Post by Allsmiles on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:10 am

My friends and I (not people that I knew specifically but I knew in the dream that they were my friends.) We all jumped out of an airplane into a crystal clear beauiful serene river. Before we landed in the water we all sort of froze or floated in the air in some silly pose. I remember thinking I should really take a picture of this. The colors were so rich it was beautiful. Prefect really.

After a while of floating down the river.. I saw some guys get out of the water to go on a hike. We were floating in the river near an ancient city that had been turned into a tourist spot. There were other groups walking around looking at the ancient city reading about it. After looking around for a while I had lost the guys that I was trying to catch up with. I spent the rest of the dream looking for them.. in every nook and cranny of that village. I spent the most time looking in the ancient city's school.
A little girl and a little boy came up to me and said that they were sick. I remember feel sad that they were sick, but I was trying to find those guys.

Late in the dream I remember seeing my dad bringing one of the kids antibiotics. (pretty sure that was to symbolize that Jesus was healing them)

At one point while searching in a tiny closet for the guys I realized that I probably wouldn't find them and decided to go and take a walk outside on my own.
On my way out I dreamed that cats were trying to scratch my feet, legs, and ankles. The tried didn't scratch me. (posted separately about the cats trying to scratch me)

Allsmiles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On the search for friends in an ancient city

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:53 pm

These are just thoughts, if they do not resonate with you please disregard.

I have prayed about this and I felt a stirring when you used the word 'ancient'. As you may know another name for our Lord is the 'Ancient of days' (Daniel 7:22). It speaks of the ancient of days coming again and obtaining/possesing the kingdom. It could be that this ancient city in your dream represents the kingdom of God. From my opinion - it seems it has become a 'tourist' destination for most, instead of a dwelling place. But you haven't followed the crowd - you chose to dwell in the house of the Lord. Does this corrolate with your real life experiences? It seems that perhaps this division, between you and the crowd (or the world?) has been a source of distraction for you...?

Please disregard what doesn't fit! Blessings.

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allsmiles on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:28 pm

Hi Lionheartedgirl,

Thank you for your thoughts on the dream. : ) I appreciate your prayerful considerations.

" It seems that perhaps this division, between you and the crowd (or the world?) has been a source of distraction for you...? "

Following Jesus hasn't turned into a tourist attraction for me. Yes, I have chosen to live in the house of the Lord! : ) Not sure what you mean by a distraction? Would love to hear any further thoughts.

Allsmiles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:00 am

It seems in the dream you are distracted by looking for this other group of friends. Do you feel like you have separated yourself from a group of people/church? Do you see any parrallels with your everyday life and your dream?

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allsmiles on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:59 am

No, not really. My spiritual family is a BIG part of my life. : ) I did recently separate my self from a girl who was very unhealthy. Aside from that I have been spending as much, even more time than I did when I was dating .

Thanks!

Allsmiles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:54 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top