Shirtless Brother

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shirtless Brother

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am

In this dream, I was in my parents' kitchen. My siblings were all over at their place, and I think that they were all in the basement in this family area. I had some type of I-Phone in my hands (which I do not have in real life), and I had just received a message that was some type of funny video. I believe that my brother may have sent it to me. As soon as I started to play the video, this brother ran up the basement stairs to watch it, too. I was slightly surprised that he didn't have a shirt on. End of dream.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shirtless Brother

Post by Daisy on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:22 pm

Since you do not have an iphone in real life, the only thought that comes to me on this one is that God may be upgrading you in a certain area of your life. Just a thought, not an interp.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:38 pm

I do like the thought you've shared, Daisy. That may be so...I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I just had another thought to throw out here. I didn't even consider put these two things together until just a minute ago - and I'm not even sure that this is the real meaning:

So, I had this dream when I nodded off at the computer today for like 20 minutes. Well, a few hours later, my other brother calls me to tell me that there's a huge fire on a road that I take to work each day, and that the city is closing down the road. This brother is a firefighter, actually...but for the next town, which is actually further away from the fire than my own town. ANYWAYS, while he was telling me about it, his pager goes off - the town with the fire requested help from my own city AND the next one over, which is his, so he had to rush off to help (turned out to be a big gas truck that exploded! No one was hurt, though.). And so, off he went. I told him to be safe, and once I was off the phone, I just automatically prayed for him for a while.

Just now it may have clicked: I wonder if the dream could mean that my brother was going to call (the message from my other brother in the dream) and that he'd need covering because he was about to go face something dangerous - since they symbolic brother was a bit exposed in the dream. Does that make any sense?

Thing is, I didn't piece it together until after everything was over. Maybe it's a learning experience for the future?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:40 pm

ur brother not covered sumhow, ,,,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:34 pm

TheWhiteShadow wrote:

Just now it may have clicked: I wonder if the dream could mean that my brother was going to call (the message from my other brother in the dream) and that he'd need covering because he was about to go face something dangerous - since they symbolic brother was a bit exposed in the dream. Does that make any sense?

Thing is, I didn't piece it together until after everything was over. Maybe it's a learning experience for the future?

YES exactly! AND there are some dreams the Lord means for us to not understand until the issue comes to pass.

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:42 pm

TheWhiteShadow wrote:Maybe it's a learning experience for the future?

Would that be the connection with the iphone? Like Daisy said, the upgrade into perhaps a better understanding of dreams? Do you feel like you've learnt something from this dream?

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Yes, I have learned a few things with this dream. Or, rather, I've been reminded a few things that I probably knew, but didn't keep in mind. :)

For me, it's the personal application of what I often tell others - that a dream can be a call to pray. For whatever reason, I never see this right away in my own dreams, but it seems more obvious when I look at others'. So, I need to pay more attention to this possibility for my own.

For my personal list of dream symbols, one brother was symbolic for the other. Once again, I knew this...but I don't always keep it in mind.

Again, that the revelation is in God's timing. The dream was given, I didn't have the interpretation, I was then informed of a potential danger to a loved one, and then (after praying), I was given the interpretation after the event had been taken care of. The message could be that, while God gave the interpretation to the dream after the fact, the safety of my brother didn't hinge upon my understanding the dream beforehand. Praise God for that!

One a different note, what actually ended up happening to my brother (that I found out at the end of the night), was that by the time he made it to the Fire Station to head out on the engine, they didn't need him, so he stayed behind. So, he was actually completely removed from this situation!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:55 pm

TheWhiteShadow wrote:The message could be that, while God gave the interpretation to the dream after the fact, the safety of my brother didn't hinge upon my understanding the dream beforehand. Praise God for that!

That's awesome! Praise God!

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:11 am

Praise God Mark! Awesome! Love how our prayers do have "impact"! Prayers do "foil" the enemy's plan! This reminds me of a dream that a pastor had about 6 months ago or so (guestimated here), and in the dream, the more he prayed, the more he saw the prayers being sent to the Lord ... he saw in the dream, the angels being dispatched to carry out protection and to prevent the enemy's attacks on the very thing he was praying protection for. God is sOo good! :)

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:26 am

TheWhiteShadow wrote:

Again, that the revelation is in God's timing. The dream was given, I didn't have the interpretation, I was then informed of a potential danger to a loved one, and then (after praying), I was given the interpretation after the event had been taken care of. The message could be that, while God gave the interpretation to the dream after the fact, the safety of my brother didn't hinge upon my understanding the dream beforehand. Praise God for that!

Amen!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:59 pm

What an awesome dream!! Sorry for the late reply~I love that the Lord was showing you your brother needed to be covered in prayer!!! Very Cool!!! :coool:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JoJo on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:38 am

Thanks for posting this dream Mark!

Thanks for this thread everyone! I definitely learned from it. This site is a blessing!

JoJo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:48 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top