Forgot My Drivers License

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forgot My Drivers License

Post by astra on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:54 pm

I am having strange dreams lately. One was with me riding a motorcycle (something I have never done and am not planning on doing in real life). All of a sudden I realised that my drivers license was in my purse and since there was nowhere to put my purse on a motorcycle I left it at home. I was worrying that the police might stop me before I got home, but no one stopped me and I got home ok. I also was surprised how easily I was riding it (something I'd never do in real life). Also the pavement on the street edges was badly damaged (like big holes and cracks) and I just had enough room to pass by them on the byke.

Another dream was of me driving somewhere in my car. I was driving on the wrong side of the road (in the right direction though) because my side of the road was totally blocked by something. The wrong side of the road was totally free and I think I did not even quite realise that I was on the wrong side until I woke up. I just felt in my dream that something did not feel right. But I think it was mostly because of my side of the road being blocked by some sort of clutter.

Does this mean I am doing something wrong?
Thank you very much for your help!

astra

View user profile http://www.for-god-so-loved.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Forgot My Drivers License

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:35 pm

Interesing, Astra. I remember when the Dream Dictionary page was up, that the meaning of your 2nd dream was actually listed there. It said basically what you've already asked: You're heading in the right direction, but how you're going about it is what needs to be looked at.

So, with that said, can you identify an area in real life that lines up with how you felt in the dream? As in, there's just something about it that doesn't feel right. It's likely not anything that's inherently bad on it's own. Here's another question to ask: Was there something that would prevent you from going about this "thing" in the regular way? If nothing comes to mind, don't rule out the possibility of something coming up in the near future where this dream might serve as a kind of advance warning.

For the first dream...what I think of is disregarding a detail that wouldn't prevent you from doing something in and of itself, but (once again) doing it the right way. Your emotions in this dream seem a bit more solid in this dream compared to the 2nd, so I can't say if it's the same event or not. Also, you observed that you were able to avoid some problems because you were on the bike vs. a car...that makes me think of justifying the means because of the circumstances.

Now, I just had one more thought on the 1st dream, since this was not something you'd do in real life, and this may make you see it all differently: This detail makes me wonder if it could be about someone else. It'd likely be something that makes you go, "I'd never do what they're doing." Just a thought.

Hope this helps.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:02 am

Hi Mark,
Thank you very much for your help. I had some more thoughts about the second dream last night. As I was meditating on the meaning of it this thought came to me: the road/highway might represent the way I perceive things. Not necessarily the reality. It might show me that God is pushing me "outside of the box" of my limited thinking, so to speak.

So for example if the right lane (the way I'd normally act) was cluttered or even unavailable, but the left lane was totally free, and I took this lane (there was not a single vehicle in sight in each direction on that lane -it was totally FREE), this might mean that I might need to do something in a different way that I normally handle things. His ways are not our ways.... My way (lane) was absolutely cluttered and unavailable, but the other one was totally free. The other detail that I forgot to mention before was I was seeing it from ABOVE the scene. I knew it was me in the car driving, but my point of view was from somewhere in the mid-air above the car. And again, during the dream itself I did not feel any discomfort using that lane. The only time I realized it was the "wrong" lane was when I woke up and visualized the scene from my dream.

The 1st dream I still am not sure about. I never thought it could be about someone else. But it's always a possibility. The only thing that alarms me about this dream was that I did not have my license with me and it means I was not following the law :-(

Thanks again, Mark! Your help and insight really helped me to understand this dream much better (kind of pushed me in the right direction)
God bless!

astra

View user profile http://www.for-god-so-loved.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:43 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top