Sad little puppy drifting away~felt like we were grieving.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sad little puppy drifting away~felt like we were grieving.

Post by Daisy on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:26 am

I had this listed with one of my other dreams, but I think the other part of the dream may have manifested. I am thinking this is now separate from the other one.

My daughter and I ended up watching this cartoon on what seemed to be HUGE screen. It actually seemed though that we were right there watching this happen...its hard to explain. There was this guy, and he had a puppy...he had to let the puppy go for some reason. He set the puppy on the steps outside the door, and went inside. The man was sad, and the puppy was sad. There was some sort of purpose for this (unsure what though). There was this very shallow river going with many different paths all along the ground. The river water formed watery hands, reached over the railing, and picked the puppy up off the step and set him on the shallow river. The puppy glided away, down...down the river...his eyes looked so sad until he was out of site.

My daughter and I were both bawling!!!! crying

End of dream

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sad little puppy drifting away~felt like we were grieving.

Post by Deborah on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:15 pm

When I read your post, I thought of one thing and that is loss of innocence, but I have no idea why that jumped into my mind, I could just be exhausted.....

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 am

Daisy -

At first, I didn't want to share my thoughts, because I didn't want to sound negative...so, please just look at this as thoughts, only. The cartoon nature and the symbol of a cute little puppy make me think that they're used to soften the blow related to some type of loss. The sadness in the dream came about from separation of the two. It could be that the feelings are super-exaggerated, though.

Please pray about this. I really didn't want to say something that wasn't positive.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:41 am

Thanks so much Deborah and Mark!! Actually I think you both are on the right track with this. I dreamt of this dream along with another part that manifested yesterday. When I re-posted this part, thinking it hasn't manifested, it was earlier in the day yest. Well last night, we had a family movie night, and my husband picked out 'kung foo panda'. I know kind of silly lol! ...but I think it has a deeper meaning. The problem in the movie was that the panda's parents were killed when he was a child. The mama put him in a basket and he sort of drifted away and was adopted by a goose. When the panda was grown, he found out the goose wasn't his birthed parents, the panda was struggling with his idenity thoughtout the movie and ended up finding inner-peace, and not being mad at his adopted dad anymore. We did adopt our daughter, and she has been having some behavioral issues. We found a christian therapist for her, and are believing her breakthrough is here. I dont think my daughter is aware of what she is dealing with, and this therapist does a technique called 'play therapy' to help children deal with painful things that they may be feeling inside, even if she doesn't know it with her little mind. She does push me away at times, and I think her past has sort of taken a little bit of that innocence away from her, having to deal with so much trauma at once. I think this this dream is just another confirmation of her deeper issues that she is struggling with. I could be wrong...but after me putting this down, I would love to hear if you guys have any other thoughts on this. irl I was crying in the movie, but my daughter didn't seem phased by it. I am quite a sensitive baby, crying crying in almost every disney movie I have ever watched... lol! rofl

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:02 pm

Since in your dream both you and your daughter were crying, but irl when you watched the movie, only you were crying, perhaps your daughter's tears will come later. I think her spirit knows the full extent of the trauma she had as a baby, but her conscious mind hasn't grasped it yet because she is not yet equipped to handle it.

Many things could have happened before you adopted her daughter--she could have ended up in foster care long term or short term, she could have been adopted by someone else, etc. I think this is the "many paths" in your dream. But she ended up going into the shallow (the safe) water (that's you.) And however healthy and necessary the transition, it's still a loss. My parents were married more than 50 years and then my mom died. My dad remarried a nice lady but you know what? As happy as I was for my dad and everything, I had to face one day that him remarrying was still solidifying the fact my mom was dead and I had to grieve.--Deborah, sitting in for Dr. Phil today lol!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:20 pm

:WOW: :goodpost: Your posting literally brings tears to my eyes deborah!!! I must tell you that you are spot on with the many paths of my daughter! She was in fact adopted, birthparents changing their minds before the trial was over, then they neglected her until social services stepped in, then my mom took care of her until rights were terminated of birthparents, then we stepped in!!! I agree completely on what you say about her tears coming later!!! COMPLETELY AGREE!!! Her birth-mom is dead from an overdose. She knows that she has passed away, but b/c of her lack of maturity she doesn't know what was the cause of death, she just knows she was super sick. Great post Deborah...thank you for the confirmation!!!! And thank your for sharing your experience with me! Bless You

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:01 pm

I think it is excellent that she is seeing a therapist and doing the play therapy. It is good for them to learn to deal with that at a young age so they don't carry that with them when they get older. I came from an abusive childhood and also lived in several foster homes and I am still trying to deal with some of the issues of the past. Mine is trust. But the tears will come....probably when you least expect them. Like over some dumb little thing that would normally not bother her....then blam there it is. Pray for her often that the Lord will be her guide through it all. It is a difficult process but she can do it.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

PS: She is on my prayer list.

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Daisy wrote: :WOW: :goodpost: Your posting literally brings tears to my eyes deborah!!! I must tell you that you are spot on with the many paths of my daughter! She was in fact adopted, birthparents changing their minds before the trial was over, then they neglected her until social services stepped in, then my mom took care of her until rights were terminated of birthparents, then we stepped in!!! I agree completely on what you say about her tears coming later!!! COMPLETELY AGREE!!! Her birth-mom is dead from an overdose. She knows that she has passed away, but b/c of her lack of maturity she doesn't know what was the cause of death, she just knows she was super sick. Great post Deborah...thank you for the confirmation!!!! And thank your for sharing your experience with me! Bless You
you\\'re welcome!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:08 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top