My SKETCHBOOK helped a man - 3 parts.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My SKETCHBOOK helped a man - 3 parts.

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:08 pm

This dream had three parts, I don't know if they're connected but who knows!!

1) I was back at school standing in a circle, playing a game, with a few people I know. A man was leading the game who I used to go to school with, when I handed him the ball he seemed almost shy to be near me, as if he liked me - that's what I felt anyways.

2) I was sitting next to an older lady in a class. I turned to her to introduce myself, I said "Hi, my name's "lovely" as if that's actually my name (its not IRL). She replied in a strange way - instead of giving me her name, she read out a sentence from her workbook.

3) I was cleaning my room but then all of a sudden part of my room was in a hallway, with people stopping and looking at my things while I cleaned. I could see to the end and there was a man having trouble - somehow i knew he needed an A2 sized paper for his meeting. I instantly knew that I had the paper he needed in an old sketchbook stored in my room. I ran the idea passed my dad and he agreed. So I ran back, found the sketchbook then ran back to the man. I opened my sketchbook in front of the meeting (about 6-8 people watching me) - I was trying to find a blank page but all the pages were full of my drawings. They were admiring my work as I flicked through. Then I found a blank page and gave it to the man.

IRL I have this exact same sketchbook - and its kept next to my bed, exactly where I found it in the dream. I don't know if that's significant. I have a few thoughts of my own, but I'd love to hear anyone else's thoughts, thanks :)

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My SKETCHBOOK helped a man - 3 parts.

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi, Lionheartedgirl -

I don't know if I'll have something to say about all three dreams, but I want to start with the 3rd one since I've already got something in mind. :)

When I look at the third part, I see you cleaning your room as a symbol of spiritual cleansing taking place. I'm thinking that as you continue to seek God and draw closer to Him, other people are going to take notice. They may be a bit nosey about what's happening in you, but these are opportunities to reach out to them. And that's exactly what happened at the end: You recognized someone with a need that YOU could fill. And you went about it perfectly by running it past your dad - Proverbs 3:6 - "In all your ways acknowledge him..." Check in with your heavenly father when these opportunities are brought before you, and then step out with what you have. When the others in the room saw your artwork as you were helping the man...well, that's how I'd expect it to go in real life: People will be able to see the other gifts you have while you're serving the needs of others. I can't imagine the kinds of opportunities that could come about from that!

Now that that's all typed out, I just had a thought about the first part of the dream where you interacted with the shy guy. I was reminded of how you had said in another post that you're beginning to get connected in your new church. I think this part of the dream may be an illustration of how some of your new relationship may come about. What I mean is, though you are the new person in the church, you may want to keep in mind that there's probably people there who want to get to know you, but could be similar to the guy in the dream. You might have to take some initiative in forging these friendships. I think the purpose of the dream is to show you that they do want to connect with you, so be encouraged to step out and speak up when there's opportunities to participate in group stuff.

Finally, the 2nd part... Actually, I don't have much to say on that one. I have a feeling that it may be prophetic for an awkward introduction. If that actually happens, at least you saw it coming in the dream. Honestly, though, I'm just not sure.

Just my own thoughts, here. Hope they help.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:40 pm

Thanks Mark! that's really helpful and quite interesting! Thanks for the encouragement, I will definitely keep my eyes and heart open at this new church :)

Regarding the third part, I'm wondering whether it has a literal interpretation. I have a background in drawing/graphic design but stopped that to pursue a different area. I guess I've been wondering lately if that's my calling. My question is, how do you know when a dream has a literal or symbolic meaning? Or can you only wait until it has been manifested?

I really appreciate your help, thankyou so much!

Last edited by lionheartedgirl on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:53 pm

lionheartedgirl wrote: My question is, how do you know when a dream has a literal or symbolic meaning? Or can you only wait until it has been manifested?

That's a good question. I think that if it's symbolic, there will be other things in the dream to indicate so...As in, a situation/people/objects that just couldn't be taken literally. For me, as an example: I've had dreams where there are characters from a video game that I'm interacting with. Clearly symbolic.

My own literal dreams tend to be perfectly literal - as in, the dialogue will happen exactly as it did in the dream.

Since you shared about your background in drawing/graphic design - and that you feel like it's been hidden away - the scene in the dream could manifest in a literal way for you! God certainly knows that it's important to you. That gifting could be brought back out into the open just as it was in the dream - someone would notice your talents while you're involved with something else.

I'm sure this dream would come right back to you when it happens. :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:26 pm

TheWhiteShadow wrote:My own literal dreams tend to be perfectly literal

That definitely helps! Thankyou!

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:03 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top