Father and Child and Their Resemblance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Father and Child and Their Resemblance

Post by blessed1 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:47 pm

Just trying to discern the meaning of two recent dreams with a father and his young child. In the first one, I saw an older man (white-haired) with a much younger wife holding a new baby. I was thinking he sure looked old to have a baby that young, but I knew for sure it was his baby, because I could see they had some features alike- the nose I remember specifically. In the second dream, I saw a dad with a young daughter who was maybe a year old. I saw their resemblance- same hair and eyes and felt concerned for her because her mother was not there.

Now, from what I've learned from this website the dads could represent the Lord or my husband, perhaps? The babies represent a ministry and perhaps the wife in the first dream is myself. The age of the baby in the second dream could be a time marker of how long it will be till I'm (or we) are a part of this ministry. Or maybe its not a ministry, but something new? Sorry for rambling with my thoughts, but this is pretty much where I'm at, stuck in my thoughts and thinking I may never know the meanings until they're manifested, which may be how the Lord wants it and is fine with me. Would love some insight from others, though!!

blessed1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Father and Child and Their Resemblance

Post by Daisy on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:03 pm

Hi blessed1! Could this be a simple message of how God wants us to have HIS resemblance within our Character and the way we love those out in the world and in the church??? That we would LOOK like Him, LOVE like Him, and BE like Him? Just some thoughts...please toss them if they dont resonate within you.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blessed1 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:50 am

Maybe so, Daisy! I may be reading too much into the symbolism in the dreams, but the fact that I dreamt this twice really got my attention. Also, in the second one I felt great concern for the baby and the dad in the dream. I felt sorry for them both that the mother wasn't there. It was like I knew she should be there, but wasn't and I'm not sure of the reason. I remember thinking that I knew I could take good care of her if I was her mother.

Any other thoughts? Thanks so much!

blessed1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:26 pm

blessed1 wrote:In the second dream, I saw a dad with a young daughter who was maybe a year old. I saw their resemblance- same hair and eyes and felt concerned for her because her mother was not there.

This is just a thought, but could it be that the dad and daughter represent actual people you know where you've felt God's concern for them? May just be a prompting to pray if anyone stands out.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:10 pm

I totally agree with Mark. The fact that you thought if you were her mother, that you would be able to take good care of her makes me wonder too if there is a family you know of that the mother may not be taking her role as a mother seriously?

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blessed1 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:35 am

Well, it just dawned on me, thanks to you both! A friend of my daughter's is going through a rough time right now in her family situation. She and her siblings were removed from their home to live with her uncle temporarily, due to issues with her mother's live-in boyfriend. Very sad situation that we've been praying over for a couple of months now and trying to spend time with her and show her God's love. I agree, the second dream shows how I feel about her and God wants me to press in and intercede on behalf of this sweet and precious child! praying

blessed1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:42 pm

So glad you were able to put the pieces together!!! :praiseg-d:

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:30 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top