5 Envelopes and My Last Class

View previous topic View next topic Go down

5 Envelopes and My Last Class

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:48 am

Hello, everyone -

I had this dream last night, and I'd appreciate hearing any thoughts you may have.

I was in a school library, which I now see was from my very first elementary school. I was not a young child, and it seemed like I was a student in high school...to an extent. This seemed to be taking place in the present, is kinda what I mean.

I was sitting at a table in this library, waiting for this time to be over. There were other students at other tables as well. In the center of this room was a counter for the librarian, who happened to be a girl that I knew from most of my school years...since elementary school and up through most of high school. She is the same age that I am. In real life, we're only Facebook acquaintances at best.

The girl seemed to be one of those who was always angry, so everyone was careful to be quiet so that she wouldn't yell at us. Now, I had received 5 envelopes, and I didn't feel that they were all mine. I knew that I would have to interact with this girl in order to give them back, but I had to be certain that they didn't belong to me or else she'd probably yell at me for bothering her and for being out of my seat. I opened three of them. Sure enough, they were not mine. In fact, each one contained a card expressing condolences over another student's death. Knowing that these weren't mine, I showed the girl, who took them from me.

I returned to my seat at a table that was hidden behind a wall, like in a kind of nook. At this point, I began to look over my school schedule for the day. I knew that I had two classes left to go (out of 7), and I knew what the 6th one was. I was uncertain about the 7th, but I had 2 ideas of what they might be - and I really thought that it was English class. My brother was by me, and he said something along the lines that it had to be my English class. It still didn't feel totally settled, but I reasoned that it made the most sense for that class to be English. End of dream.

Once again, any thoughts are appreciated.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Envelopes and My Last Class

Post by Daisy on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Hi Mark,

Could this be about your new job change? The end of the dream when you are trying to figure out your schedule, and learn the ropes of the schedule/mapping out your day makes me think of this. It makes me think about getting a new routine, and finding a comfort zone in this newness. I know you were at your old job for a long time, this prob brought a lot of comfort/confidence. Thinking this was your old elementary school, this setting makes me think of learning, training, and preparation. Do you feel like you are sort of starting all over again (by chance) with this new job/training season? Is there anyone at work that seems a bit brash/or easily angered, that you want to stay on good terms with?? With the envelopes, you seem to be making sure you are being really careful/cautious, not to rock the boat so to say, and not to make any mistakes. Also, even though your only acquaintances with this girl irl, what is the vibe that you got from her in the time that you knew her at school? Did her character irl seem to fit this librarian in the dream?

I could be WAY out in left field with these thoughts...if so please just toss them if they dont fit....

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:33 pm

I see your online, I just edited above to make more sense out of what I was trying to spit out... lol!

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:38 pm

I think you're looking at this the right way, Daisy. :)

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out my daily routine. I had my days pretty much nailed down with the last job, and while you'd think it would be easy to just slot everything earlier or later by a few hours, it's just not falling into place, yet. Especially when it comes to my alone time with God - and that's the worst part of it!

As for the job itself, I'm still getting acclimated to it all. Because I'm training, nothing is set as to what I'll be doing on any given day - it's all based upon the opportunities to learn, which means that there's no routine here yet, either. That's hard to get used to. And, to answer one of your questions - I've really got the attitude that you mentioned about being careful/cautious to not rock the boat in any way...and certainly to not make mistakes!

And for the girl - when I knew her in school, she was always a friend. We eventually went to opposite high schools in my town, and I haven't seen her face-to-face since then. Her Facebook persona, though, shows that she's changed into the character of the librarian in the dream. Like, exactly.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:38 pm

Ha! My response was based on the pre-edited version. :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:41 pm

Daisy wrote:Is there anyone at work that seems a bit brash/or easily angered, that you want to stay on good terms with??

Whoops. Missed this one...
No one in particular, but I've been really careful as to how my coworkers receive me.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top