Husband's dream of end time, no rapture though?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Husband's dream of end time, no rapture though?

Post by Jazzy on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:47 am

My husband had a dream that it was the end of the world. He was in a town somewhere and knew that he had to go before it was destroyed. He eventually saw a group of men leaving town on a sleigh and jumped on with them. As they rode off to another town, he turned around and saw the previous town. It underwent destruction and he could see black crow birds there.

After he told me about the dream, I asked him if he felt the presence of God in the dream, and he said yes for sure. But he didn't feel like it was the rapture as some people described it to be. And overall, he doesn't believe there will be a rapture.

This is quite funny because a few days before, we were talking about the last days. I asked him if he believed we were in the last days. He said no. So to clarify I asked if he thought the end of the world will come in our lifetime. He said no and that we don't know the day nor the time (completely agree with that). But he said if he had to guess, it could occur within a century or two.

I have heard about the prophecies that occurred and those that need to be fulfilled before the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. I was wondering if anyone had a list or a link to those. And interpretations to his dream are welcomed.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Husband's dream of end time, no rapture though?

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:11 am

Hello, Jazzy -

These are just some of my thoughts, and not necessarily an interpretation of the dream. The scene reminds me of Lot fleeing Sodom and Gomorrah, complete with angels whisking him out right before judgement was to hit.

It is interesting that you two had such a conversation before he had the dream. I don't know if the dream came out of that. What I wanted to ask you was if there's anything in the natural going on where he feels the need to leave a situation before it comes to an end? This could be a job change, a move out of a neighborhood or even changing churches. God may have used the symbolism that lines up with your conversation as a means to drive home the importance of making such a change.

Once again, just my thoughts.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:39 am

When he described the dream I also pictured that story of Lot too, but thankfully when he looked back he didn't turn to a pillar of salt like the wife.

Something else interesting during our conversation days before he had the dream, I asked if he thought things were changing since he didn't believe these are the "last days". I gave him a few examples like our economy, unemployment rate, high divorce rates, natural disasters and I really stressed the prevalence of sexual immorality and gay marriage. And I think the latter really made him ponder because he sees how that's really coming about (and he strongly disagrees with gay marriage because he never saw openly homosexuals in his home-country).

As far as our natural life, the closest thing I can think of is that he is supposed to graduate in May, but thought of postponing it to Aug, and now he's thinking Dec. That would be to buy him more time to complete his research and apply for jobs. I might be overlooking something, but I will ask him later on today if he feels like he needs to leave a situation before he's doomed. Thank you for your thoughts.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:36 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top