Manifestation? Drinking alcohol in my mother-in-law's car

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Manifestation? Drinking alcohol in my mother-in-law's car

Post by Deborah on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:30 pm

My husband is a recovering alcoholic as was his mom, who died about 15 years ago. I choose not to drink alcohol myself; even before I was saved I drank very little.

Last night I dreamed I was sitting in my mother-in-law's car near a restaurant in my hometown. I had a bottle of some alcoholic drink I was going to donate to the local museum. People kept dropping by the car where I was and handing me alcoholic drinks. I didn't want to drink them, but I thought the people would be offended if I didn't (in real life I don't care who gets offended if I don't drink).

I was chugging down one drink after another. The last person to stop by, a policeman, handed me a beer. I didn't feel drunk at all, but decided I had better walk home (where I don't live anymore irl) so I didn't harm anyone with the car.

Last edited by Deborah on Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed title)

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manifestation? Drinking alcohol in my mother-in-law's car

Post by Daisy on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:01 pm

Is there anything else, instead of alcohol, in your waking life that you sometimes might feel obligated to receive, thinking that if you refuse they might be offended? If you cant think of anything for this current moment, what about in your waking life in the time frame that you lived in the other house from this dream? Just some thoughts, def not an interp.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:24 pm

scratching chin Hmmmm, I can't think of anything like that Daisy, then or now, but it's a good thought! One thing maybe is my mother-in-law and I both have had to put up with the family business her husband started. It's a heating and air conditioning business that requires much time and back-breaking labor. I know my mother-in-law drank for many reasons, but I don't doubt part of it was frustration over townsfolk calling all hours of the day and night expecting their furnaces or air conditioners fixed and taking their frustrations out on whoever answered the telephone.
Just this weekend I ended up hanging up on a customer who was taking his anger out on me, I might used to be afraid of doing that but I find it easier now.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:31 pm

How was she at setting boundaries in her life? I know with work situations like stated above that there was not much she could do about the boundaries in that situation. How about in other areas of her life? Was she a people pleaser, always thinking of others feelings and worried about offending people? Just a thought, but maybe this is a dream to show you how her drinking problem began (if she was a people pleaser). When you drank and drank in the dream, you still didn't feel drunk...maybe at first she was in control and somewhere along the way the addiction took over.

Toss it if its not a fit...

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:03 pm

She could have been a people pleaser, her husband certainly does not respect boundaries even to this day. She was a very creative person which requires sensitivity and I think the alcohol helped numb her feelings. People tell me I'm a creative person too so maybe it's a warning to me to not drink the gall of bitterness I'm tempted to taste from time to time when customers are so mean.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ispeaktheword on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:14 am

Hi Deborah!

Do you have a church home or have you been visiting a particular ministry? If so, how do you feel about the word that goes forth and people there. I have some thoughts on your dream but it depends on your answer because I could be way off.

Blessings,
Ispeaktheword

ispeaktheword

View user profile http://www.tytenishaosgood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:43 am

Hello, Deborah -

Not an interpretation, but a thought that stood out to me: What's interesting to me was your original intention in the dream - to donate the drink to a museum. That makes me think of a plan to preserve a memory or memorialize something. The thing is, so many other influences came by and wanted to contribute to you...which you accepted to not offend. The policeman makes me think of someone in authority.

So, what I want to ask is: Is there an area where you have a perfectly good plan/intention, but now you find that other people are giving you their own advice? It could be business-related. It's even possible that someone is an authority on the subject. Thing is, once it was all said and done in the dream, you walked away from it all.

Just a few thoughts,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Possible Manifestation of drinking in mother-in-law's car

Post by Deborah on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:25 pm

Umm, no Mark, nothing I can think of. Ispeaktheword, yes, I am involved in a ministry and I am happy with the Word that goes forth there.

Possible manifestation:
This morning when I was cleaning, I dumped out the trash in my basement. In the trash can was a bottle of some drink made by Bacardi, a liquor company, in fact my husband's favorite liquor when he was drinking. Now I pretty sure it isn't my husband's or my son's, but I think it belongs to a young man who spends a lot of time at our house. It's very likely I had this dream the night the liquor came into my house. The bottle was stashed at the bottom of the trash can, like the young man was trying to hide it and not offend me.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:54 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top