Ministry in my home

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ministry in my home

Post by daphanie02 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:50 am

I dreamed I was leaving an adoption center. There was a Hispanic woman in the center that was giving up a child. I had carried on a conversation with her and the adoption lady about adoption... then I got my keys and left. It was dark outside and I had parked my van in a bad neighborhood. I noticed the trunk of my van was open and I closed it knowing I hadn't opened it before going in the adoption center. I got in the driver seat and started the van up and began driving out of the parking lot. Then I turned the interior lights on and saw a man hiding in the back of my van! I told him he had to get out! He was very nice actually and indicated he meant no harm at all. I couldn't see much of him because he was in my trunk area and half was hidden by the back seat. I started to calm down because I had been so nervous. I told him he needed to come up with a good reason why he was there because my husband would deal with him if there was anything fishy going on. Then out came the hispanic woman from earlier! She explained they were not there to cause trouble. I couldn't figure out WHY in the world they thought this was ok. Then at one point they were in the front part of my van driving and chatting while I was in one of the back seats. Then we arrived at my home and I was in the driver's seat again. I announced they better not have fault in them or my husband would deal with them accordingly because he was an airborne ranger. When I opened the trunk to my van, there were two young black men and the hispanic woman who was sort of my friend at that point. We came into my house which was much larger than it is IRL. It was very wide and spread out with many rooms and cabinent spaces. In fact we had just recently moved in and hadn't been able to go through it and see what all the house had for us. The boys and woman hid behind some furnuriture in a back room. I told my husband what had happened and he went to the room they were in and searched for them. When he found them, he threatened them a little and really didn't understand why they were in our house. They hadn't made their purpose known to us at all. We were a bit dumbfounded. Then as they came out from behind the furniture, it wasn't just the three of them but MORE and MORE people came out! Suddenly I found myself serving all these people sweet snacks (I was low on nutritious foods and saving what I had so my family could eat too). I thought it was probably a good thing to have all these people here, because they were being served, but I didn't really know what was going on still. At one point I saw my girl-hood friend Carrie. She looked a mess.. I knew at one point she loved the Lord and had been taught to walk in His ways, but she had fallen so far. I called her name because she tried running from me. But when she saw me she couldn't help remember how close we used to be. She smiled and embraced me. I saw tattoos all over her, her skin was so pale and she was thin from years of drug and alcohol abuse. I didn't care about all that I just showered her with love. I knew she would go back to her wayward friends (which made up the entirety of the people in my house besides my family). But at least she knew I loved her. I had been walking around with her on my hip at one point and she said this to me: "I am so glad to see you, I'm just sad because you won't get out into the world and expose yourself to people." I understood why she felt that way.. However seeing Carrie again made me remember why it's important to get out into the world. I looked around inside my house and realized I had a ministry in serving these people. Thoughts of turning my home into a church went through my mind. I stepped into my kitchen and saw a woman who had been helping me serve these people. She had a really sour attitude towards me, though she didn't voice it..I knew she was a believer. I think she was upset because she thought she was serving alone, and I wasn't helping enough. I hugged her and sent her to go mingle with everyone else. She had taken it upon herself to work so hard, I took over the kitchen duties and mulled over everything that had happened.

Wow! I even edited this so it wouldn't be so long and it's still rediculously long laugh

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ministry in my home

Post by Daisy on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi Laura~A couple things stand out to me on this. One is the two people in your trunk. Just wondering if there is anything (or anyone) in your waking life right now that sort of caught you off guard, or crossed any boundaries. The part that makes me think that is b/c you felt in your dream like 'why in the world would they think this was ok'? Someone that should have known better. In the dream, you still allow them to come along, not cutting them out of fellowship with you. It seems knowing your husband will be back up for you if needed, brings comfort to you. Is there anything boundary wise that rings a bell for this part? Does your husband help you when boundaries are not respected? (My hubby really helps me in this area, boundaries have not been a strength in my life, but they are in his~thank God! lol! ) I am reminded of your family member/neighbor posting. Could this be of this incident by chance? If not, please toss it.

The part about your friend Carrie made me almost literally cry!! crying I could just feel the burden of the Lord when I read this part...the burden He has for His lost sheep. My heart felt like it just wanted to break for this girl! What a powerful message of us as Christians needing to get out into the world more to reach the lost ones. I love the part about you loving on her, even though you knew she would go back to her old life again. I believe this is how God wants us to be with the lost ones! How beautiful!

The last part of the dream makes me think instantly of Mary and Martha in the bible. Martha was into works, and doing things out of her own strength. I think of the way Jesus praised Mary, because she chose the more excellent way~being in Jesus' presence and sitting at his feet. My thoughts are that Jesus is so pleased with you, and how you come and sit at his feet, and soak in His presence, fellowshiping with him.

Please know these are all just my thoughts...hope it helps your discernment. :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:29 am

Thanks so much Daisy for reading and sending a reply! huggins Actually, the boundary part does make sense. It's getting a little worse with the boundary issue actually. But I'm trusting in the Lord for it to be to His glory! Thank you for your encouraging words. I actually felt like Mary when the lady was upset with me because when I saw her attitude, I immediately thought of Carrie and how I thought I was doing the right thing...I was thinking, "Isn't that why we are all here serving anyway?" At the moment I have not been able to find a church locally because of my youngest son. So we've been having home church and doing our best at home while my husband goes to church to help his uncle at the place he ministers. I guess I carry a bit of guilt around about not being able to attend church physicly, but the Lord has spoken gently to me regarding this matter and He knows my heart and my circumstances. I was thinking maybe this dream was in regards to the ministry I have at home. However, I do think about those I could be reaching, if only I were out more. Thanks so much! I believe you have the heart of the meaning of this dream! big hug 2

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:48 pm

daphanie02 wrote: At the moment I have not been able to find a church locally because of my youngest son. So we've been having home church and doing our best at home while my husband goes to church to help his uncle at the place he ministers. I guess I carry a bit of guilt around about not being able to attend church physicly, but the Lord has spoken gently to me regarding this matter and He knows my heart and my circumstances.

Wow~this must be hard! I really believe He is so pleased with you and your heart!! Laura you truly are precious!! Im so glad my post was encouraging to you! I will be praying for you. I believe you are right where the Lord wants you right now. I am praying for the boundary issue, believing God will anoint you to handle this. I pray that He will continue to bless your youngest son (and the rest of your family too)! praying

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:28 pm

Thank you sweetheart! you are such an encouragement!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:04 pm

daphanie02 wrote:Thank you sweetheart! you are such an encouragement!!
Awe!!! Thank you, SO ARE YOU!!!! huggins

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by steadygaze on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:21 am

Hi precious one. kiss

I noticed the different nationalities. The Lord going to over time bring people of all nationalities to you, " that is the people who kept coming out from behind things. I think of those precious souls who are hidden and some who do not know of the good news yet and the ministry will build and grow from there. The heart that is in you is the heart of Christ and that is to love the ones in front of you no matter what they have done to you good or bad. Granted boundaries were crossed but it is in those boundaries that were crossed you will learn where to draw them from. I sensed the Lord was showing you that through this ministry there will be those who you will be attached to and try and help, that will still go back out and turn from the Lord but your heart towards them will be his heart of love and compassion, which is,( Your old friend.) Also I see in the dream your trust is in the Lord to deal with things if they get out of hand.( Your Husband. )

There is a lot in this dream. I sense that the Lord is soooo preparing you for this. I am so happy and excited to watch what the Lord does for you dear one.

Blessings

steadygaze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:10 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top