Need help! Family, water through a window..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need help! Family, water through a window..

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:01 pm

I was going on a "group run" with my brother at a church near my house. Just before we were about to run we walked on top of a line of people (literally walking on top of them) - they were encouraging us. But my brother kept grabbing my leg, i was getting annoyed at him. Eventually I was in tears, out of frustration. At the end of the line of people stood my other brother ( no. 2) - He stood with his son, encouraging me. He said, "It's better you did this than me." All of this was happening on a highway which IRL is near my house.

Then I was in my room getting ready for the run. I found a shirt I hadn't worn since primary school and it was full of things I had drawn and made - I felt nostalgic. When I found out the run was an 'end of year' church event I didn't want to go anymore - because it was my first time going and I thought it would be awkward. At this point I was still in my room. Outside my bedroom window another brother (no. 3) stood looking at me - He asked,"What happens if you fail again this year?" (regarding my future). I said I wouldn't fail. Then he then started squirting water past the window into my room. I tried to stop it but I couldn't..

Thanks for any help :)

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need help! Family, water through a window..

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:14 pm

Hello, Lionheartedgirl -

I only have my own thoughts to share, here...so, I'm not claiming an interpretation.

First, here are a few verses that compare our life to running a race:

1 Corinthians 9:24 - "Don't you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!"

2 Timothy 4:7 - "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful."

Hebrews 12:1 - "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us..."

Now, looking at your dream: You said that you were participating in a group run. I see this as your involvement in something greater than just yourself - part of the Body of Christ. I see the people who were encouraging you as you walked atop them as a real-life support group. I don't know if you're currently surrounded with a strong support system like this, or perhaps you're just getting acquainted with a new group of people, but I feel that God is providing you with others who will lift you up as you run the race of God's calling on your life.

I see the contrasting actions of your first two brothers as an illustration of a common experience in life: Our enemy likes to use those close to us to hinder our walk and discourage us. However, the Lord also provides us with those close relationships that cause us to rise up into our destiny. What your 2nd brother said to you - "It's better you did this than me" - is very similar to Jonathan's relationship with David. Jonathan, who (by blood) should have been the next king following Saul, recognized the calling of God upon David. He was fully prepared in his heart to give up his earthly right in favor of God's perfect purpose in David's life - the better way.

So, with such blessings provided for you, what's left for our enemy to do...? Simple - bring up things from the past. Nostalgia is fine when recalling the grand things that God had done for you, but it's not a place to live in - it's a place to move on from.

Ephesians 4:21-24 says, "Since you have heard about Jesus and have learned the truth that comes from him, throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy."

Other things that the enemy would like to throw at you are little reasons to disqualify yourself - skipping out on the race that you were encouraged and prepared for because of a feeling of awkwardness. No doubt you know that new things are going to have feelings of anxiety simply because they're new. But if God has prepared you to do something, move out in confidence that He has brought you there for a purpose, in spite of what our flesh may tell us.

Likewise, the actions of your last brother are yet another fiery dart from our enemy: Bringing up past failures. Your response in the dream is excellent - you will not fail. Once you confess and stand upon the confidence you have in the God who has called you into great things, all the devil can do at that point is...squirt you with water. And all that is is annoying, at best.

Sorry for the long rant...not exactly where I expected to go with this when I started. Hopefully it speaks to you in some way.

Be encouraged!
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:05 am

Wow - thankyou Mark!! I believe you've hit this one on the head. Praise God. Thanks so much for your encouraging words.

I am currently going to a church where I'm new and finding it difficult to find my place. I don't feel I have a strong support group as yet.

Yes I definitely feel that this encouraging brother and I have a similar heart. Thats so crazy you say that, I have a weird attachment to him. Also I've been reading about David lately..
I see now - of course! both my past and my future are being used as an attack. I'm already facing this at the moment.. This is just so spot on, again thankyou!!

bless you!

Last edited by lionheartedgirl on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:10 am

I'm glad that this ministered to you, Lionheartedgirl!

Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:45 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top