Super Wierd dream~Husband Naked jumping into a washing machine???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Super Wierd dream~Husband Naked jumping into a washing machine???

Post by Daisy on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:53 pm

I had a dream that I was watching several children, along with my own. These were children from an aquaintance at church (irl I wouldn't watch her children). I was once again washing laundry ( lol! I seem to have lots of laundry dreams for some reason lol! ) Anyways, it wasn't my house irl, but in the dream it was. The laundry room was like a mud-room (dont have a mud-room irl, would be nice though lol! ) that had a exit door to it. For some reason it seemed like it was a lakefront home (which I also dont have). It was bright out, and the mud-room/laundry room had a really big Bay window that the washer and dryer were next to. The washer was different than mine irl, this one was a standard one (irl I have a front loader...they certainly aren't all they are cracked up to be thats for sure...I wouldn't buy a front loader again). I had the water in this washing machine ready to go, there was lots of soap in there. I was trying to pull the knob out to activate the wash, and it wouldn't work!! I was getting frustrated! Grrr! I dont think there were any clothes in there yet. The kids were kinda running in and out of the house through the laundry room, it was sort of distracting/irritating (you know like kids do...in and out a couple at a time). I told my husband about the washer breaking, and he jumped RIGHT INTO the washer, with his clothes on! :laughing: This totally doesnt make sense at all, b/c there was no reason for him to jump into the water...that wasn't going to fix anything. I didn't have to jump in the washer to reach the knob. It was the knob that was broken. I was like, "O MY GOSH, YOUR CELL PHONE IS STILL ON YOU, AND THERE IS BLEACH IN THAT WATER!!!" Now I was really irritated and frustrated, b/c I started thinking about how NOW we are going to have to buy a new phone now, and we dont have alot of extra money right now!!!! I was thinking how I wish he would have thought this through more! So my husband hops out, takes off his pants and his underwear (acts like its no big at all~this is like his personality...he doesn't make a big deal out of things like I do) and jumps back into the water to fix the washing machine with the kids going in and out! Now Im really upset b/c this is NOT appropriate at all, especially with someone else's kids at our house!!!! (IRL he is very appropriate, and would never do this...ever since we had our daughter he wont even sleep without shorts on in case she comes to wake him in the middle of the night to go potty or something)

End of dream.
Any thoughts appreciated!!!

Last edited by Daisy on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Super Wierd dream~Husband Naked jumping into a washing machine???

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:02 pm

Hmmm, Daisy...

Anything in real life where someone's jumping in to your business with the intent to help, but isn't being considerate of your feelings while doing so? As in, the manner in which they're going about things isn't appropriate?

The thing that stood out to me is how much this dream has in it that isn't yours. Like the whole situation involves other people - or, maybe what's important is that others are around to see how you handle this inappropriate-ness. So, maybe your response to something could affect more than you might think?

Just a couple thoughts,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:11 pm

Thanks Mark! These questions def give me some good directions to go in. Could you elaborate a bit deeper on what you meant about the things that aren't mine?

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:35 pm

Sure. The children you were watching for someone else, and the house and washer that were yours in the dream but aren't in real life. God could have used your own home, your washer, and only your kids with the same actions going on, and (if it were me) it would seem to be speaking about something more within-the-home, if that makes sense...where outside eyes really wouldn't have the opportunity to observe your response.

I don't mean to read too much into those details. It's just that, like when I'm doing my own Bible studying, I'll ask why something was done one way when the results could have been the same if done differently. Like, what is the purpose in the details.

Ha, am I rambling, yet...?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:11 pm

May I ask why you wouldn't watch those children who belong to a real-life church acquaintance in your waking life?

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:23 pm

Good question Deborah! Well, first of all she is just an aquaintance so we have only hung out a few times together...not super close friends. We also live far from one another...its not like Im right down the street or anything. I get along really well with her, but how do I put it, she has had things a bit rougher than I. I just wouldn't ever see her asking for me to watch her kids for her like one of my other close friends would...it would seem a bit off if she did. The kids played with one another in the dream though, like they had a comfort or flow with each other...as if a group of kids would that played together frequently.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:03 pm

TheWhiteShadow wrote:Hmmm, Daisy...

Anything in real life where someone's jumping in to your business with the intent to help, but isn't being considerate of your feelings while doing so? As in, the manner in which they're going about things isn't appropriate?

The thing that stood out to me is how much this dream has in it that isn't yours. Like the whole situation involves other people - or, maybe what's important is that others are around to see how you handle this inappropriate-ness. So, maybe your response to something could affect more than you might think?

Just a couple thoughts,
-Mark
I agree with White Shadow. It's like there are so many things in this dream that aren't quite like real life for you, sub standard, if you will. Are you feeling irl like people just aren't doing things the way you think they should be done?

I know when I was watching my great niece every day I struggled with how her 20-year-old mom did things--I for instance hate to see kids in dirty clothes, so I was washing my great niece's clothes, washing her face like all the time (she was 6 months old and was about 15 months old before she moved away). Was this really necessary? Will a child's face fall off if it's not clean every second? No! But a dirty face was just not up my standards. Her mom, on the other hand, didn't mind if her child's face was dirty sometimes and even posted her picture on Facebook with a dirty face lol! . We just had different standards.

Perhaps, this isn't you and I'm really off base, but that's what came to mind when I read your dream.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Deborah wrote:
I agree with White Shadow. It's like there are so many things in this dream that aren't quite like real life for you, sub standard, if you will. Are you feeling irl like people just aren't doing things the way you think they should be done?

I know when I was watching my great niece every day I struggled with how her 20-year-old mom did things--I for instance hate to see kids in dirty clothes, so I was washing my great niece's clothes, washing her face like all the time (she was 6 months old and was about 15 months old before she moved away). Was this really necessary? Will a child's face fall off if it's not clean every second? No! But a dirty face was just not up my standards. Her mom, on the other hand, didn't mind if her child's face was dirty sometimes and even posted her picture on Facebook with a dirty face lol! . We just had different standards.

Perhaps, this isn't you and I'm really off base, but that's what came to mind when I read your dream.
I actually almost posted that they seem to be kind of dirty kids (not by their own choices), but then I hesitated to put that down b/c I couldn't find a nice way to put it. I didn't want to sound like I think I am better than her or something, b/c Im not. We might just be a little bit different in that way. I actually bumped into her at the church today which is weird, her baby lost its shoe...and when I went to put it on the little one had sort of dirty socks...with crumbs and stuff on it. Just made me think about this post. I kinda feel mean saying that though. Thanks for your thoughts.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:55 pm

Thanks piano...I will be sure to read over it again. I just love the book of Isaiah!!! :hooray:

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:29 pm

Daisy wrote:
Deborah wrote:

I actually almost posted that they seem to be kind of dirty kids (not by their own choices), but then I hesitated to put that down b/c I couldn't find a nice way to put it. I didn't want to sound like I think I am better than her or something, b/c Im not. We might just be a little bit different in that way. I actually bumped into her at the church today which is weird, her baby lost its shoe...and when I went to put it on the little one had sort of dirty socks...with crumbs and stuff on it. Just made me think about this post. I kinda feel mean saying that though. Thanks for your thoughts.
wow You're welcome!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:07 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top