Urge to purchase dining room set in church but didn't

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Urge to purchase dining room set in church but didn't

Post by Jazzy on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi all, I just wanted more clarification of a dream I had:

I was in my church that I grew up in, and my husband and I went to the balcony (I remember as a child my family was usually late to church because my mother had to dress my brother and I. So because we were late on occasions, we sat in the balcony to avoid too much shuffle on the 1st floor, which is why I think I have such a fond memory of the balcony. We don't attend there anymore because the church split due to an allegation). Anyways, my husband and I went to the balcony (he's never been to this church). It's like we weren't expecting church either, but the setting was here. Anyways, in the balcony there were these BEAUTIFUL dining sets! I mean BEAUTIFUL. There were individual tables like side stands and then there were full dining sets. I really had the urge to buy one, especially this cherry wood set with a big table! It was 7K! (In reality, I wish I was big-balling like that, though!) But I didn't buy it because my husband said it was too expensive and we should wait... The way I felt when he said wait, it wasn't simply due to expense, but it was a wait like be patient. And when he said that, I felt comfort in his message. As a result, I re-thought the idea in a calm, non-eager manner and decided to wait because I realized I was thinking on impulse and that dining room set would take all of my savings (in reality, I have nowhere near that much in savings) and I'd have nothing to fall back on unless miracle money came through!

Thank you for input that you all may have.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Urge to purchase dining room set in church but didn't

Post by Jazzy on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:00 pm

and the price tag for the one I wanted to buy was 7228. Any significance to that too?

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:27 pm

jazzy2968 wrote:In reality, I wish I was big-balling like that, though!

This made me laugh. :)

As for the dream - is there anything going on, ministry-wise, that seems like it's something you'd really want to get involved in based on the emotional draw of it, but if you step back a moment and consider it with a clear head, you'd realize that now isn't the time? Just as in the dream, there's nothing wrong with it, and it's certainly a good thing (and has great value).

If something does stand out to you, God's not saying "no." He's saying "wait." His timing is perfect, and you'll be able to fully enjoy it for all it's worth when he gives the go-ahead.

Just my own thoughts. Go ahead and toss it if it doesn't seem to fit.
Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:24 pm

I do like to attend this Christian group called Encounter that meets every Friday night, but because of my work schedule I can't make it as often as I like. It's the same thing with church on Sundays, I'd really like to attend more often, but sometimes I work on Sundays.

I have considered being an RD (resident director of a dorm) at my school. I used to be an RA (resident assistant, below the RD). In Nov or Dec one of the RD's recognized me and told me there was an open position as RD, she remembered me being really nice and that I should really think about applying for it as she handed me an application. I really considered it knowing that I'd save a lot of money (free room/board and meals) and I could have a positive impact on the residents when they need someone to talk to. I did like being a role model for the girls.But I know that it is time consuming setting up programs and emotionally tiring dealing with different types of girls on top of my grad work. My husband is also looking for a job. If it's close in the area I'd move with him, but if it's too far for me to commute back and forth to school I'd think about the RD position.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:00 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top