Dream of Mother's Suicide

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream of Mother's Suicide

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:46 am

I had completely forgotten that I even had this dream last night until I saw someone else's post title...

In the dream, I remember that I was rushing through a building to make it to a room. In the back of my mind, I knew that I had to hurry or else I'd be too late. I believe that there were other people that I was passing on the way, but it's a bit hazy. In fact, I'm thinking that they were mostly family members.

I reached a room with an open door. As I approached it, my siblings were on the other side - I specifically remember my step brother closing the door on me. When the door began to close, I knew what my mother had done and that I was too late. I cried out for Jesus as I tried to prevent the door from closing. I knew that my brother was closing it so that I wouldn't have to see what had happened.

I woke up during the struggle with the door, and I remember now that I was in this panic of emotions when it happened. However, I must have fallen back asleep and didn't remember it when I woke up later in the morning.

I'm not exactly sure what it could relate to in the natural. I do appreciate any thoughts.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream of Mother's Suicide

Post by Daisy on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:20 am

Hi Mark...the only thoughts that come to mind to ask you is if there is anything in your waking life that you have tried or wish you could have intercepted to prevent another close to you from making tragic choices?

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi, Daisy! This dream has left me wondering the past few days. At this time, everything close to me is doing alright, so I just can't line this up with anything in my waking life...

The feelings in this dream were so strong, which is pretty uncharacteristic of my dreams (or me, in general). The sadness I felt when I knew what had happened, and then when I realized that my brother was trying to keep me out of the room so I wouldn't see it with my own eyes - that had this strong mercy feeling to it, if that makes sense. I was being spared from having to see it for myself.

I also thought about the symbolism of suicide vs. a natural death or a homicide - that it's like someone choosing to terminate something out of their own will, you know? I don't see that it'd be literal, thankfully. Even so, I'm still left wondering what it's about. AND...is it to show me that I can't do anything about it since I was too late in the dream, or is it to cause me to do something more in the natural so that I can prevent a disaster?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:46 pm

Is your step brother in denial about something he doesn't want you or possibly others to see? Addictions have a way of affecting entire families, not just the one person who has an addiction. I know I'm out on a limb here, but that's just what came to mind when I read your post.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:13 pm

Thanks for speaking up, Deborah! I encourage anyone to share!

My step brother is the outspoken atheist of my siblings. The others' beliefs vary in their expression, but none of them are confessed believers. As for him, he's someone who doesn't care who knows what about him, good or bad, and will do whatever he wants without regard for anyone's judgement of it. So, with that being said, I can only doubt that he's hiding something...but, anything is possible with him.

Also, in that particular scene - while he was the one who I saw closing the door, my three other siblings were in the room with him, and it really seemed like they were of the same intent of keeping me from having to witness what had happened.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Yes, well my experience with unsaved family members is they often exclude me from what they're doing because they're ashamed. It's not that I lecture them or anything, but the Holy Spirit Who resides in me convicts them and makes them uncomfortable. Sin doesn't like being exposed!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:21 pm

Interesting... come to think of it, he did try to exclude me in a roundabout way from my mother's upcoming birthday dinner. In the past, we tried to do these meals on Sundays since everyone was available then. However, with my new job, I have to work Sundays. He spoke up trying to force it to be on that day, anyway, which would have kept me from going. At this point, though, my mom wants it on Saturday so that everyone can attend.

That's the only exclusion that comes to mind, but the consequences wouldn't be as extreme as what happened in the dream. Maybe I'll just have to wait and see!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:29 pm

Yes, dreams sometimes exaggerate things, probably so we remember them better! Maybe there just is an attempt to kill your mother's desire to have all her kids together at the same time and that's what your dream is about.

I've also learned in my life the loud obnoxious people who act like they're in your face and they don't care what you think are the ones who have been very hurt and actually do care very much.--
Deborah , just throwing in her two cents

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:35 pm

I truly appreciate what you've shared, Deborah. Thank you! :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:31 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top