Please help with some symbols

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please help with some symbols

Post by Wave_Surfer on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:04 pm

Hi all,
A couple months ago, I introduced myself because God brought me into a new season where it was more clear that he was talking to me in my dreams. I learned a few basic tips on understanding dreams from this web site and I also spent time in prayer asking God to help me to understand and remember my dreams and so even though I have had many dreams, I have not needed help in understanding my dreams, like I thought I would. Recently, though I had two dreams where although I understand it partly, I would like it if people could help me to better understand.

Since it was a very long and detailed dream, I will highly condense it.
I was at a picnic table with my wife and friends enjoying a great meal in a beautiful spring day. The table was right next to a house and the table sat in the shade from the roof of the house. The house and table were actually part of a farm. The people that owned the farm were strangers to me and my friends, but they were friendly and very happy to be our hosts and serve us. I felt very grateful and was touched by their kindness and generosity. I got up and walked a few feet over to the crops that they were growing and they were bright red, ripe strawberries.

Later, I walked over to a stable and there was a huge, pure white horse that was massive and muscular. It's strength was almost beyond my ability to imagine and I sensed that the horse was even empowered by God. There was a horse that was same for everyone at the picnic table, for my wife and each of my friends that was there. I was very excited for when we would ride our horses together and fly like the wind across open plains. The horse did not have a saddle, bit or rein. I climbed on the horse and I didn't want to bother it at all, so I didn't want to hold it by its mane, so I just leaned forward and gently hugged it. I didn't tell it where it go. I knew it would take me where I needed to go and I was thrilled to go where ever it wanted. It had so much power and energy, some people might think that it was a wild horse, but it was not. When I thought about how I needed to return to the farm, the horse quietly turned around and walked back to the farm. It was fully tamed and completely under control. More under God's control than mine.

Later, when I brought the horse back to the stable, I had to enter a narrow stairway with turns in it. The horse was so massive and muscular that it couldn't fit in the stairway and the stairs climbed very steeply. However, the fact that it was impossible did not bother the horse at all. It easily walked up the stairs as I still rode the horse and its body simple 'passed through' the walls as it turned the corners. By doing this, it was able to walk up a path that was impossible.

I am especially interested in ideas people have about
1) the white horse 2) the farm 3) a crop of strawberries 4) that the horse did not have a saddle, bridal or reins.

Thanks for your time and any help that you might be able to give.

Wave_Surfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please help with some symbols

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:41 am

I just wanted to ask if IRL you own horses or live in a country setting?

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wave_Surfer on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 am

I have absolutely nothing at all to do with horses. I am very much a city guy. I also have not ever had horses in any of my dreams.

I am guessing because the horse was so massively muscular and was pure white, the only thing I am reminded of is Rev. 6:2 and Rev. 19:11-14. I notice that in verse 14, that all of the believers also got their own white horses as well. In my dream all of my friends at the picnic table had their own white horse that was just like mine set aside for them.

I sensed that these horses were other-worldly. They were unbeatable, supernaturally powered, the purest white, without fault or flaw and capable of doing impossible things with ease. They had the strength and power of a war horse, but I didn't call them a war horse because the horses had no armor plates attached to them as war horses in medieval times did, but any army riding these horses would be always victorious in any battle.

I was thinking that - possibly - the reason the horses had no saddle, bridal or reins was because, it was impossible for me to control the horse (God did) plus I had no interest in trying to control it. I trusted the horse to take me where I need to go the same way that I trust the Holy Spirit to take me where I need to go in my life. I guess I was asking to see if others with more experience with dreams might confirm some of my thoughts or point me in a different direction that I didn't see yet.

As far as the farm. I have heard that farm or crops can refer to ministry (John 4:35) and I did notice that the strawberries were ripe and ready to be picked/harvested.
I also thought of another idea. Is it either of these ideas? both? neither?
It seems like crops ready to harvest could point to some kind of gathering of produce (interesting that the word produce is a word for fruit/grain, etc but we also use it a lot for business produce, productivity, productive growth, etc. I guess calling fruit produce is a way of acknowledging that it is God that does the actual growing or producing. We just water what has been planted, we depend on God to give the actual produce.) : financially, emotionally, spiritually, physically?

One last note is that when I looked on various Christian dream web sites, I never found anything about strawberries, but when I looked at web sites that were not specifically Christian, they did mention some ideas regarding strawberries. I will mention that just recently my wife and I started to see try to see if we could have a child.

I don't normally have symbols like this in my dreams so although I had some ideas about some of the symbols and although I had read some ideas about strawberries, I was curious if some, more experienced, Christians had any ideas about some of the symbols in my dream.

The whole dream was filled with symbols. For instance, at the end of the dream, a single flea jumped from me onto to the white horse, after I returned it to its stall. I had an insensitive, selfish, morally complacent attitude about it. It's a big horse and it is a small flea, it can handle it. Then a voice from heaven said something to the effect of "Oh? Is that the attitude you want to have?" and then I looked at my arm and there were about 20 fleas on my arm biting it and their numbers started growing very quickly. Because they were all biting me over and over, I realized that it could become a very big problem very quickly and I was starting to feel like my arm was being ate alive. I tried to control myself and not panic as I swatted at the fleas and then my eyes started to focus on one particular place on my arm and I noticed that it was not a flea at all but it was a scorpion. At that point, I not longer even noticed the fleas and I gathered all the strength and focus I could muster to reach down and grab the scorpion. Right before I grabbed the scorpion, I woke up.

When I woke I had the Exact place where the scorpion was, hurt in real life and, in fact, it was probably the pain from that place on my wrist that woke me up. I think I must have been laying such that my wrist was being crushed on a metal bar since it continued to hurt for about 10 minutes after I woke up.

I think I understand pretty well what the fleas and the scorpion mean (and there was also a warning related to the strawberry fields too) but I was curious if anyone had any other ideas about the horses or the farm filled with a ripe crop of strawberries.

Wave_Surfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:55 pm

The way I understood the symbolism in your dreams was that the horse represents God's authority in your life, and God's will, purpose, plan He will carry out in you through the work of His Holy Spirit. Nothing is impossible with God and He may carry you through things that seem impossible, but aren't because He's the one guiding the horse. I'm so happy to see the trust you had in this horse and how in tune you were with him. That's so important, because I see this as an illustration of your relationship with the Lord. It's possible the strawberries represent spiritual fruit from a ministry. The fleas I see as something that's easy to overlook..like grey areas where it's easy for us to compromise. But God wants our clothes to be white and without blemish. I'm sure you understand the rest. What was the trouble with the strawberry patch? It could be a warning about the condition of the fruit of the people this ministry is producing...kind of like the fleas of compromise..does that make sense?

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wave_Surfer on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:30 pm

Thanks for your help!

When I have multiple scenes in my dreams like this, I have learned that they are describing the same thing in different ways, like Jesus sharing multiple parables on the same topic. By describing something from a different perspective different information can be communicated.

What reminded me about that was that there was nothing wrong with the strawberries. Because the horse felt so holy and the strawberries did not, I didn't make the connection before, that they refer to the same thing. Like the horse, there was nothing wrong at all with the strawberries. Instead, the only potential problem came from me. It was just a question of if my dirtiness would affect or corrupt what was pure like how the flea jumped off of my arm onto the horse. After I saw the strawberries and how they all were perfectly ripe and were a gorgeous almost glowing red, I noticed someone dug a hole only a couple inches from the rows of strawberry plants and used it as an outhouse. Not only was there no outhouse but just an exposed hole filled to the top with human fecal matter. The hole was very shallow, so the sewage was almost spilling over the hole. It upset me a great deal and I was worried that some how the human dirtiness would corrupt the strawberries that seemed so perfect.

Both the farm and the horse scene seem to have both mind blowing blessing in them while also carrying a very serious warning to me.

I have reference to bathroom stuff in my dreams very often in varying degrees of uncleanness in my dreams. It reminds me of when Jesus washed the disciples feet. Jesus said to Peter, all but Judas was clean, so they didn't need to have their whole body cleaned, but still, in the day to day living, their feet would gather some dust and dirt that would need to be regularly cleaned. Again, they are clean, but in the same way, as we go through our daily life, our bladder fills up and we need to expel the uncleanness that builds up in our life on a daily basis. It can be gross and disgusting, but on this earth it is also a necessity and it will happen every day that we live. They are the gross parts of us that we want expelled from our life. Of course, it is always more comfortable if we can be in a clean rest room and when we flush, that it just instantly and magically goes away from us forever, as far as the east as is from the west. However, sometimes we are in a less optimal situation, we can be in a situation where our need to get rid of the daily dirt that builds up can be more intrusive on our lives. It can be upsetting, troubling, and gross. We don't want to have to deal with the filthy rags that make up our righteousness.

Like the flea, the tiniest of problems, I should have still cared about it might affect that which is holy, just as I worried about the effect of the open hole of fecal matter next to the strawberries. When I didn't take seriously the tiny unholiness from me and how it would affect what is holy, then I was disciplined and that same 'uncleaness' that came from me earlier grew on me until it started to consume me and continued to grow until even demons (scorpion) became involved.

Now, I see even better, how the strawberry and the horse scenes (like how it works for me in other dreams) are talking about the same subject. The key points that both scenes have is that they had mind blowing blessing that is more than I could understand, but it was also balanced with a very serious warning about how uncleanness from me could create a severe problem.

I still wonder if there is more to learn from the fact that the crop was bright, red strawberries and not another kind of crop, but I want to thank you for helping me to get a better and more clear understanding. thumbs

Wave_Surfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:13 pm

Wonderful! It sounds like you have a very clear understanding of the meaning of this dream!

In the past in my dreams, I once came upon a field of fruit. There was one giant ripe red strawberry that I picked and ate. At the time of the manifestation, the Lord allowed a large financial blessing to come my way. With it I was able to purchase my laptop (which is red and I've used ever since to contribute my share into this ministry). I didn't feel led to tell you what exactly the strawberries represent in your dream..but perhaps my experience will help. I feel you will have the full meaning of this dream made known to you soon. God will be glorified!!! happy dance

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:25 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top