Confusing dream about my marriage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Confusing dream about my marriage

Post by Shan on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:06 am

I dreamed that I was wanting to get married to my fiance (don't have one irl, but God has promised.) I was on some sort of camp grounds or public area. It seemed as if there were a lot of family members there both from my family and his. I found out that there was a possibility of getting married that day or the next because someone affiliated with this public area was going to interview and select three couples to marry. I became excited and decided to apply. Someone brought me this book of paperwork to fill out. I did so and handed it back. A few minutes later, the person came back and told me I had failed the test. I said, "what test"? They pointed to a part in the book that was the test. I told the person that I wasn't aware there was a test and asked if I could take it. They said I could, so I began. It had difficult math questions, like word problems that I was never really any good at irl. I couldn't answer most of them and knew I had failed. When they came back to get my test I told them I failed. The person (who was different from the first person) said it was okay and wasn't necessary for my interview.

Next, I was talking to my mom. I was trying to find out the name of my fiance as I had forgotten it. This is strange because the Lord has revealed his first and last name to me irl. When I was asking her my fiance's name, he was standing in line near us. He spoke up and said, "I am the fiance. I'm the fiance." I felt embarrassed that I didn't know it and acted like it was my mom who didn' t know. My fiance was very kind and gracious and gentle natured. This is consistent with his nature that he's had in other dreams of mine. This is also the first time I've seen his face. He looked like what he's looked like in my head. I can't say they were really visions or dreams, I've just had this image of him in my mind for some reason.

Then, I found myself meeting with this lady who had the power to decide if we would be chosen to be a part of the ceremony where three couples would be getting married at the same time. I was aware that one of the people who was interviewed before me had a disability so I figured they would get one of the spots. When I saw the lady, I knew instantly that she was not godly. There was no part of God in that room. I can't really describe it. It was almost new age by the feeling I got. I began telling her why I wanted to get married. I began crying as I told her that I had waited so long for the manifestation of my husband, 19 yrs to be exact. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't tell her about the promise God had given me. I had every intention in my mind to do so as I always want to give Him glory for this manifestation, but I just couldn't for some reason. I thought maybe my tears would be sufficient to earn a spot (the tears were genuine.) After a while of waiting, I fould out that we had not been chosen as one of the three couples. I was disappointed, but not devastated as I reasoned to myself that a church wedding with an opportunity to give God glory would actually be better. End of dream.

I'm wondering if this could symbolize Satan's plan to delay the wedding. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Confusing dream about my marriage

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:18 am

Praying on this one Shan!!! praying

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:13 am

Thank you Daph!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:34 pm

I feel I have received a bit of a word... I'm getting that you should continue in your faith...focus on what you know to be true and God's word that was spoken in your heart. Tests will come, but it doesn't matter what this world's opinion is. When we love and follow God, our lives to others seems silly or odd. That's cause God always leads us down that narrow road that's so alien to the world's wide one. It doesn't ever make sense to them. Just keep trusting in your heart what you know to be true!! You don't want what this world has to offer anyway, if people could just have their eyes open to get just a glimpse of what the Lord has in store for you, they would turn to Him, but they're so stubborn!!! (Not sure why I just said that, just felt led so I'm stepping out in faith) Anyway, I have faith you'll come out just fine in the end!!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JoJo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:51 am

Hi Shan,

I felt led to add my thoughts to this thread as well, especially since I too am going through something similar.

I agree with Daph totally. You will be tested, every true child of God is, and there are people who may not understand this journey that God has led you on. Hold on to what God has shown you! You may become anxious at times, this is normal and understandable. I implore you to rely on the Lord and Him alone. Don't seek for a sign or word from any other source even if it may seem legitimate on the surface. For some reason I am being led to tell you to be very cautious.
The blessings are great for those who are faithful! Keep the faith girl and you will be victorious!!

Jo

JoJo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Thank you, Thank you Daph and Jo! What both of you said resonates within my heart! I couldn't see that the test I "failed" was related to a worldly test. Because of your responses, I am preparing my heart for tests and looking out for false representations of God's promise to me where I might not have otherwise.

Daph, I've read your posts on the manifestation of your husband and how God gave you confirmation after confirmation. They are so encouraging to me.

Jo, I'll be in prayer for your situation that is similar to mine. I am finding out I'm not alone in this waiting period.

thank you

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:04 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top