On a Mission in the Dark

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On a Mission in the Dark

Post by snoviello on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:19 pm

I was walking and the sky became very dark. I did not see any tornados but I knew I needed to find shelter in case they came so I looked for a place and there seemed to be no where safe and then I found a basement door open in a house with the lights on. Since I knew I had a safe place to go in case a tornado came I decided to keep going with my mission (I really donít know what my mission was). Then a car drove by and there was a girl sitting on a womenís lap on the passenger side of the car and a man was driving. The girl had blonde messy hair and she appeared to be emotionally damaged as well. I asked the woman if I could hug her to see if I could bring some immediate relief to her. The woman said no because she knew she needed some serious attention. I told her I knew of a place that could help her and I would take her there.

snoviello

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On a Mission in the Dark

Post by Daisy on Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:48 pm

Just an observation from your dream. I find it super wise that you found a place of shelter in case of a storm/tornado BEFORE you continued on your mission. It appears to me along the way you did find your mission, helping this woman find the right place to help her.

I have been reading some parenting books lately, and this reminds me of the advice that I so need to take towards my parenting. The advice is for parents to 1st take good care of themselves, b/c if they don't they wont take good care of their children. Often times this could be perceived as selfishness, when actually its the opposite. One example is when we travel by plane still to this day, they say for parents to use the mask of oxygen 1st on themselves, because an unconcious parent cant help a small child very well can they? Of course some may take this parenting advice to the extreme and use it for an excuse for selfishness, but thats not the point. I think sometimes in dealing with ministry, work, families, or anything else in life, its easy to think we are doing a service to people by running ourselves into the ground (not taking time out for ourselves)...when nothing can be further to the truth!!! We must steward over ourselves properly to be able to take care of Gods sheep, or anything else the Lord has placed in our hands. If we run ourselves into the ground and ruin our health along the way, we wont be any good to those God places in our lives to reach out to. Just some thoughts...not an interp.

Bless You

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top